40K VWMkIV - Battle #9 - Lost and the Damned versus Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkIV - Battle #9 - Lost and the Damned versus Space Wolves

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Lost and the Damned

HQ: 242
    Elites: 540
    Troops: 1068
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 0

Aspiring Champion (Leads #1 Mutant unit):
    Mark of Slannesh; Daemonhost; Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon

Aspiring Champion(Leads #2 Mutant unit):
    Mark of Slannesh; Power Weapon; Daemonic Strength; Daemonic Visage; Bolt Pistol; Frag grenades

Keeper of Secrets:
    Wind of Chaos

12x Daemonettes

12x Daemonettes

12x Daemonettes

24x Mutants:
    Firearms; Frag Grenades; 2x Flamers; Icon;
    Boss Mutant:
    Power Fist

24x Mutants:
    Boss Mutant:
    Power Fist

24x Mutants:
    Boss Mutant:
    Power Fist

24x Mutants:
    Boss Mutant:
    Power Fist

24x Mutants:
    Boss Mutant:
    Power Fist

24x Mutants:
    Boss Mutant:
    Power Fist

-------------------------

Space Wolves

HQ: 485
    Elites: 0
    Troops: 702
    Fast Attack: 524
    Heavy Support: 138

Wolf Lord Ofeig Kormakson
    Belt of Russ; Space Marine Bike; Frost Blade; Bolt Pistol; Wolf Tooth Necklace

Wolf Guard Battle Leader Bjorn Vemundrson
    Space Marine Bike; Frost Blade; Bolt Pistol

Venerable Dreadnought Ulfrregin Steinsson
    Assault Cannon; Heavy Flamer; Dreadnought CCW; Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Drop Pod

10x Grey Hunter Marines:
    7x Bolter & CCW; 2x Bolter & Powerfist; 1x Meltagun
    Drop Pod

10x Grey Hunter Marines:
    7x Bolter & CCW; 2x Bolter & Powerfist; 1x Meltagun
    Drop Pod

10x Blood Claw Marines:
    Frag Grenades; 7x Bolt Pistol & CCW; 2x Bolt Pistol & Powerfist; 1x Meltagun
    Drop Pod

5x Blood Claw Bikers:
    Twin Linked Bolters; 2x CCW; 2x Powerfists; 1x Meltagun

5x Blood Claw Bikers:
    Twin Linked Bolters; 2x CCW; 2x Powerfists; 1x Meltagun

2x Land Speeder Tornados:
    Heavy Bolter; Assault Cannon

Vindicator:
    Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, Dozer Blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Close, but I have to hand it to the Lost and the Damned for having sheerly way too many guys for the SW to handle. It will take a lot of kills before those powerfists go down. The SW list has a vindicator and some LSTs, but they won't cut down more than 1 squad before close combat is reached.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Just thought I'd point something out.

Its the 36 daemonettes that are the real killer here.

By lowering the initiative of the wolves, they'll get their rending hits in first and help the joe shmoe mutants attack at the same time as the wolves if they happen to be in the same combat.

Being as they are summoned in from any one of 6 seperate icons as well, they'll likely reach hth without being shot up too much.

For these reasons, I'm going to vote for the LatD for the mission.

Fluffwise I'm going to vote for the SWs though as they named their ICs and Dreadnought. .
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Hmm these mutants are tough in CC, but they do have their weaknesses, they move slow, with no faster support. They have no practical shooting, and most squads are running on only moderate leadership. The trick is that moderate leadership just isn't good enough to keep mutants in the game reliabley. I know from experience that they tend to loose the first round of CC by resolution (even though they're usually comming ahead on points.) that's nearly a 50% breaking chance.

The trouble is the drop pods are a hinderance here. They're preventing the Wolves from capitalizing fully on these weaknesses. If the Wolves where to set up standard, and shoot the mutants (and deamons when they pop) every turn till the mutants where right on top of them, then countercharge. They would have a good chance of winning. (It would have been a tough call for me) as it sits though. It's wierd, but I think the drop pods are going to loose it for the Wolves this battle.

Lost and the Damned
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Well I don't know much about daemonettes, but from what you guys have said it makes them sounds pretty darn nasty.

Either way, waaaaay too many bodies for the wolves to handle, there just is no way they could ever hope to cut through that many to reduce them to non scoring with out having the same happen to them.

I vote Lost and The Damned

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

I think the deamonettes and the 150+ models that are at worst decent and at best powerfist wielding will be too much for the space wolves
    I vote lost and the damned
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowZora13
    Well I don't know much about daemonettes, but from what you guys have said it makes them sounds pretty darn nasty.

Not too much to know. They're inexpensive, have the same rending abilities as Genestealers, and strike before marines. Though they're pretty fragile if they get caught against some shooting or return attacks.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

I dont know, i see a vindicator, which has nothing that can shoot at it, this is like a dream deployment.

There are also two LSTs.

The LSTs can kill 9 a turn, the vindi can probably take out 10, since those are giant squads.

The Blood claws on bikes can get nice range, killing lots of stuff, and taking objectives.

The venerable dreadnoughts AC + Heavy flamer is a real terror. Hes likely to kill 10 dudes on the turn he arrives.

And so long as he stays away from the space marine veteran sgts, a 6 strength boss can mess with a venerable dreadnought, so he can kill a couple of the crappy squads.

Lets also not forget that grey hunters can mow demons and mutants down pretty fast with there boltes.

The blood claws can handle the greater demon, while contesting table quarters. My guess is this game will come down to victory points, not table quaters, there the wolves have the advantage.

Wolves.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Space Wolves

Sure there are lots and lots of mutants to hide behind but SW assault are going to be devastating, the blood claws are going to make a real mess of whatever they assault dispite all the hidden powerfists of the mutants.

As said the vindicator and LST's are going to have a field day just raping whatever they point their guns at.

The keeper of secrets is going to be a problem but when it turns up it will probably kill too much ofr its own good and then receive the assault cannons to the head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I competly agree with FITFOW and the outsider.Space wolves win

are you people kidding me? LATD win? With what? big mutants? a couple of vindicator shots,a couple of squads dead.Deamonets? As said before,they are going to be boltered to death.Keeper of Secrets? Ok,he's gonna be a problem ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast