40K VWMkIV - Round #6 - Battle #53 - Witch Hunters versus Blood Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkIV - Round #6 - Battle #53 - Witch Hunters versus Blood Angels

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Recon

Sisters of Battle
    Witch-Hunters

HQ: 246
    Elites: 242
    Troops: 955
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 405

Canoness:
    Blessed Weapon; Book of St. Lucius; Cloak of St. Aspira; Jump Pack; Litanies of Faith; Mantle of Ophelia; Melta Bombs

Canoness: (Joins a sister squad)
    Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon; Book of St. Lucius; Cloak of St. Aspira

Inquisitor:
    Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Scourging

Callidus Assassin:
    C’tan Phase Sword; Neural Shredder; Polymorphine; Poison Blades

2x Death Cult Assassins:
    Power weapon; Close Combat Weapon

10x Battle Sisters
    7x Bolters; 1x Meltagun; 1x Flamer; 1x Imagifer
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Eviscerator; Bolt Pistol

10x Battle Sisters
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Eviscerator; Bolt Pistol

10x Battle Sisters
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Eviscerator; Bolt Pistol

10x Battle Sisters
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Eviscerator; Bolt Pistol

10x Battle Sisters
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Eviscerator; Bolt Pistol

Exorcist:
    Exorcist Missiles

Exorcist:
    Exorcist Missiles

Exorcist:
    Exorcist Missiles

Faith points:
    9 + Litanies of Faith

Strategy:
    If you don't understand sisters... well, they're complicated. Don't just think of them as weaker marines. Faith is what keeps this list alive. 10 sister units and imagifers means that the spirit of the martyr tends to be successful especially as squads take casualties. It's usually easy to tell at the beginning of a phase when a unit is in danger of taking huge amounts of casualties, so faith can be employed to protect those squads.

Sisters set up in front of the exorcists and march towards their enemies. DC Assassins try to slip through cover toward the enemy and tend to get there at about the same time the sisters are at point blank range with their guns. Callidus not only uses a word in your ear to put a valuable enemy tank in the firing range of the exorcists, but also shows up in close combat with one of the enemy's devastator/broadside type squads. Exorcists pound away at the enemy's tanks or other oppurtunistic targets. The inquisitor walks among the sisters, targetting anything that has invulnerable saves, like eldar seers and turboboosting bikes (whose save "becomes" invulnerable, allowing it to be ignored by the scourging, though I've no idea why).

(Editors note - Used with permission by TheWamp)

There's 5 abilities, each eats up a faith point. For all you roll 2d6 (3d6 and pick the best two with imagifer) and check vs the squad size. For the first two, you have to roll under the squad size, for the last 3, you have to roll over. In the case of an Independant Character, she simply makes a Leadership check. Whenever you lose a faithful unit (say a veteran sister superior), you gain (a second time) the amount of faith that they originally contributed. Powers are shared among the squad of the faithful unit.

the abilities are:
    1. +2 strength, strike last for the cc phase
    2. on a 6 to wound, AP1 or power weapon as appropriate for the phase
    3. +2 initiative (can't be used with the first one) for the phase
    4. fearless for a turn
    5. save becomes invulnerable (is activated at the beginning of any cc or the enemy's shooting phase) for a phase

------------------------

Blood Angels

HQ: 247
    Elites: 0
    Troops: 789
    Fast Attack: 520
    Heavy Support: 295

Master of Sanctity Chaplain (Attached to Death Company):
    Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Terminator Honors; Jump Pack

Death Company:
    Feel No Pain; Bolt Pistols; Close Combat Weapon.
    (Variable amount of models – see Tactics section)

Venerable Dreadnought:
    Twin Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher; Extra Armor; Tank Hunters.

5x Tactical squad Marines:
    3x Bolters; 1x Lascannon
    Veteran Sergeant with Bolter

3x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

3x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

10x Scout Squad Marines:
    9x Bolt Pistols & CCW; Infiltration; Move Through Cover
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

10x Scout Squad Marines:
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

10x Scout Squad Marines:
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

10x Assault squad Marines:
    Jump Packs; 7x Bolt Pistol & CCW; 2x Plasma Pistol & CCW
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

10x Assault squad Marines:
    Jump Packs; 7x Bolt Pistol & CCW; 2x Plasma Pistol & CCW
    Veteran Sergeant:
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

Baal Predator:
    Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armor

Blood angle special rules-
    Everything with a WS gets furious Charge.
    Death company: Any Chaplain is given a deathcompany for free, the average is 5.
    Death company and the chaplain get the following special rules-
    Feel no pain.
    Death company get jump packs.
    Death company are base two attacks, they are armed with bolt pistols and CCWs, and thus gain another attack.
    On a 4+ per squad, 1 member of that squad goes to the death company, if that member is a sgt, hes armed with a power fist/sword.
    IF a 6 is rolled, another test is required for the squad.

Simply put there will be 5 + the number of squads in the army divided by 2. In this case 4 is the most likely, for a total of 9 + the chaplain.
    Death company Sgts will be pulled from the scouts and tactical squads. The most likely event is that one Sgt will be pulled from the scouts and troops. There are still two more possible members pulled, one from the assault squad, and one more from the troops.

Deathcompany Results: scouts 1 Sgt taken, tactical 1 Sgt taken. Assault squads, 1 member taken. The final member is equally likely to come from the scouts or the troops. Since the blood angle hopes it will come from the tactical, it will.

Final results: Chaplain, 2 power fisted DC, 1 power sword DC, 6 Normal DC.

Keep in mind, there is one missing scout Sgt, 2 missing Sgts from the troops, and 1 missing assault squad members. Death company count as casualties for the purposes of moral/victory points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Vote Changed...

The Exorcists will be able to wipe out thos 5 man tactical squads with lascannon extremely early on, and after that they will be extremely difficult to take out.

The sisters could easily sit back, using those crazy AP1 bolters could put some hurt on the oncoming assault marines, and if they get into combat, have enough men, or women in this case to tie them up. Combine with the Assassin and Cannoness, should be able to keep off the Assault marines.

Meanwhile, the scouts could cause some damage. There is a fair amount of meat behind the Power Fists, but ultimately the fists are only killing low point models - not very worth it.

The Sisters win the battle of attrition, and there would be no Angels left to be in their table edge.

Although I could be swayed...
    Last edited by Robizzle; April 29th, 2006 at 23:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I disagree Robizzle.

3 Tactical Squads with Lascannon v's 3 Exorcists is not as cut and dried as you would think.

The average shots =3.5 (d6), so 2 hit 2 wound. Thats 2 on 3 squads with Lascannon.

Shooting back 3 Lascannon ought to inconveniance the comparativly weakly armoured Exorcist (I dont play WH very often but it looks like a Rhino).

20 Assault Marines are in combat pretty easily, not to mention the nigh unstoppable Death company. A total of 25+ Jetpack armed second turn charge Furious charging v's T3 models. One of which has a Chaplain.
    The ap1 Bolter only applies on a 6+, it isn't enough plus it eats faith to stop a beserker charge and the WH aren't going to kill 25 Assault Marines and 30 Scouts before they're in combat.

Plus you didn't factor the Venerable TH Dreadnought v's the Exorcists or the Baal Predator.

The Callidus could be an issue, but the bulk of the BA will be in combat by turn 2, she may arrive on turn 3. Even if she does get a flame off, she'll kill some (spread out-able) Assault Marines and eat combat.

Blood Angels
    Last edited by Silver Wings; April 30th, 2006 at 00:07.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Good points, wings.

It seems a lot harsher when the Scouts get 90 strength 5 attacks on the charge.

Vote Changed to Bloody Angels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Shooting back 3 Lascannon ought to inconveniance the comparativly weakly armoured Exorcist (I dont play WH very often but it looks like a Rhino).
    Like a predator, actually. Makes it quite a bit harder, as the immobile lascannon squads will be seeing the front armor.

The Callidus could be an issue, but the bulk of the BA will be in combat by turn 2, she may arrive on turn 3. Even if she does get a flame off, she'll kill some (spread out-able) Assault Marines and eat combat.
    Remember, the Callidus can jump out of combat before the hits even happen

In addition, the death company doesn't have jumppacks, just the chaplain. I assume this is a mistake though, since that would be illegal

I'm going to think out loud while I decide which way to vote.

So, basically, first turn the dread and a tactical squad are dead... or, if they can be seen, the death company is down to 3 members+the chaplain, no FNP allowed...

Second or third turn the callidus comes in flames a squad (would kill 2-3 death company members or 3-4 ordinary marines), and charges...

Any vet sister superior can insta-kill the chaplain with a little faith...

exorcists can easily nail the dread and the baal predator...

Death cult assassins generally don't do much, but here they can hold up entire squads...

Hmm... generally, the faith would allow the sisters to win on a squad by squad basis...

Now for the BA:

Very fast, of course

Dangerous on the charge

About 60 models which are great in CC....

Actually, I think that's enough. I was being kind to the WH, and I still can't see how they'd win. There's just too many BA that are too fast.

I vote Blood Angles

EDIT: Not important, but I think the dread should be down with the heavy supports.

Also, I'm using Interactive army list, and I'm not finding the place to buy veteran skills for scouts or the dread. I assume it's just being stupid, but even without the vet skills, this army comes out to 1827. If someone has too much time on their hands and feels like relieving me of confusion (not particularly important...) could they add up the army total, points wise, and say the points for each of these units, so I can see where IAL went wrong. This program irritates me...
    Last edited by TheWamp; April 30th, 2006 at 01:22.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    In addition, the death company doesn't have jumppacks, just the chaplain. I assume this is a mistake though, since that would be illegal
    They do, it's just mentioned in the strategy section rather than the army list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    They do, it's just mentioned in the strategy section rather than the army list.
    See? I'm an idiot

Thanks for shedding light on that fact:rolleyes:

BTW, could you add the amount of losses to each list, the way the amount of points was shown in VW MkIII?
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wings
    I disagree Robizzle.

3 Tactical Squads with Lascannon v's 3 Exorcists is not as cut and dried as you would think.

The average shots =3.5 (d6), so 2 hit 2 wound. Thats 2 on 3 squads with Lascannon.
    I really don't see how the average roll of a d6 is 3.5. es, adding up 1+2+3+4+5+6/6=3.5, but every one of those 6 sides has an equal change of hitting. If I am missing some key mathmatical concept here, let me know. I mean, I know how it works with multiple dice, but for one, there is an equal chance of all 6 coming up...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    Also, I'm using Interactive army list, and I'm not finding the place to buy veteran skills for scouts or the dread. I assume it's just being stupid, but even without the vet skills, this army comes out to 1827.
    What vet skills? The scouts come with infiltration and move through cover. And the dread is venerable, so once you purchase that in the IAL entry, they become unlocked. But I agreee, its a annoying program...

I think the marines stand a better chance of winning, with 4 good long range tank hunting weapons they can take out the excorsists fast, leaving the scouts and assault marines unmolested to run through the sisters, who just don't have enough strength to kil marines in cc. Then the death company will just shred through the hard hitting WH units, or the large sister squads with ease. Thats extra S and I are extremely good vs t3 and i4, making wounding easy and painless for the marines.

Add in the mission being recon, so the speed of the BA will help them alot. The sisters will have to walk there under constant fire and while constantly being harrased by cc units. Not good for the sisters.

I vote BA
    Last edited by ShadowZora13; April 30th, 2006 at 02:56.

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

I really don't see how the average roll of a d6 is 3.5. es, adding up 1+2+3+4+5+6/6=3.5, but every one of those 6 sides has an equal change of hitting. If I am missing some key mathmatical concept here, let me know. I mean, I know how it works with multiple dice, but for one, there is an equal chance of all 6 coming up...
    Such is the folly of theory hammer. However there are 3 exorists, so if one gets a 6, its a safe bet that there will also be a small numbered rolled, and a middle number rolled.

Say, 6, 2,3.

For how this could possibly happen, that is, a mechanical devise, which sometimes fire 6 times, and sometimes fires once i find baffling. Where do the other missiles go? do they explode in the champer and yet cause no damage? Or do they go flying off out of game effect, perhaps because some Imperial servator ran out of guidance systems but feared his masters wrath, so he just kept packing missiles together without the guidance system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA

-tac squads, dread, and predator VS the exorcists about cancel each other out. that leaves 50 good CC modles with a 2nd turn charge and furious charge VS 50 sisters. The BA will beat sisters in CC pretty badly although cannoness, faith, assasin, and one faithed shooting phase could put a dent in that.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast