40K VWMkIV - Round #6 - Battle #51 - Orks versus Dark Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkIV - Round #6 - Battle #51 - Orks versus Dark Angels

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Roborks Uber Boyz
    Orkses

HQ: 227
    Elites: 0
    Troops: 1605
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 0

Robork Squigmuncha:
    Mega Armour; Kombi Skorcha; More Dakka; Shootier; 3x Attack Squig; Iron Gob; Cybork Body; Mega Boosta

Big Mek Karkaz:
    Mega Armour; Kustom Force Field; More Dakka; Shootier; 2x Attack Squig

Wenkerz Slugga Boyz:
    30x Slugga Boyz
    26x Slugga and Choppa; 3x Rokkit Launchas
    Nob ‘Wenker’:
    Power Claw; Slugga

Jenkz Slugga Boyz:
    30x Slugga Boyz
    Nob ‘Jenkz’:
    Power Claw; Slugga

Faguz Slugga Boyz
    30x Slugga Boyz
    Nob ‘Faguz’:
    Power Claw; Slugga

Fuzkor Slugga Boyz
    30x Slugga Boyz
    Nob ‘Fuzkor’:
    Power Claw; Slugga

Krayzor Slugga Boyz
    30x Slugga Boyz
    Nob ‘Krayzor’:
    Power Claw; Slugga

Tactics:
    Raaawr! Get Dem Oomies!!
    (Charge for the win!)

Any squads over 12 essentially unbreakable. (Ork Mob Rule)
    Every Squad has anti-tank capabilities.
    Hidden power fists (29 meat shields)
    Everything under kustom forcefield receives 5+ cover save. (6? of Big Mek)
    150 Boyz – that’s a lot of meat

------------------------------

Dark Angels

HQ: 461
    Elites: 0
    Troops: 760
    Fast Attack: 255
    Heavy Support: 370

Epistolary Librarian:
    Force Weapon; Bolt Pistol; Terminator Honours; Familiar; Frag Grenades; Iron Halo; Stubborn; Furious Charge; Fear of The Darkness; Veil of Time

9x Command Squad Marines:
    Frag Grenades; Furious Charge
    6x Bolt Pistols and Chainswords; 1x Melta Gun;
    Company Champion with Power weapon, Bolt Pistol and Combat Shield
    Veteran Sergeant with Powerfist and Bolt Pistol
    Drop Pod

10x Tactical Squad Marines:
    8x Bolters; 1x Meltagun
    Veteran Sergeant with Powerfist and Bolt Pistol
    Drop pod

5x Tactical Squad Marines:
    4x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

5x Tactical Squad Marines:
    4x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

6x Tactical Squad Marines:
    4x Bolters; 1x Plasma Cannon; 1x Plasma Gun

1x Ravenwing Land Speeder Tornado
    Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolter

7x Devastator Marines:
    3x Bolters; 4x Missile Launchers

7x Devastator Marines:
    3x Bolters; 4x Missile Launchers

Tactics:
    (feel free to use this list as if you are playing with it and use your own tactics)

Librarian is a character killer. He can take down the toughest of cc opponents on the charge. He also attempts to take objectives landing near it or in dire circumstances on it. The Tactical squad with the drop pod supports the librarian and his squad landing in a more dangerous position (to the enemy) and drawing more fire. They rapid fire bolters at horde things and then gets stuck in cc. They also try to take objectives. The 2 tactical squads with lascannons do their best to take down tough tanks and work their way down to less important ones. The Plasma squads move up into a fire support position. They are effective both moving and stationary. The shoot the heavily armoured troops and ones that are packed together (ex: deepstrikers). The LSTs fly around like annoying little bees. They mostly fire at the same target to be more effective and shoot at things like hordes troops unless there are none. They get the Librarian out of any trouble he might be also. The Devastators take down tanks as 4 missiles can stop even armour 14 tanks for a turn or so. If something like a marine assault squad is going to assault my troops or take an objective they will fire together and maximize effectiveness. They also use frags if necessary (close order drill IG = frags).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

I'm not sure....this will be close.

Fear of the Darkness, what has been a killer power in this VoteWar is now....vestigial, but on the other hand there are a lot of templates. The land speeders could take their toll, too.

I'll see what other people have to say...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Hmm, earlier in VW the Ork list ate a SM list with loads of ML and it was taken that they could not stop it.

Smae deal this time. 150 Orks with on-board cover or KFF=hard to kill.

The LST's would be an issue but v's Orks 3 would kill 6.66 KFF Orks before eating 15 Rokkits if the Orks set up right. From then on the Orks are rolling up the board killing SM with Rokkits, ignoring FotD and setting about it with Choppa's.

Orks
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Wings, actually.

I think I remember the 24 missile launcher list being totally eaten by this Ork list, and that had much more blast templates than this list. The Land Speeders will kill a few Orks then get blown out of the sky, and the Orks will just advance and kick in the Marines in combat, where they have no way of stopping a close combat horde at all.

Orks

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

Wow, watch the orks munch through power armour all the way to the finals....and then go against the light infantry IG (that would be a fun battle)

plasma cannons, missile launchers and 3 speeders won't be enough to handle all those orks, the best bet the mariens have is their 2 pod squads. The librarian could help them do this, but I am not sure that fotd has an effect on orks, and even if it does, the nobs have higher ld i think, making it harder to make them run.

I really don't see why people think that KFF will at all be effective. It is on a model with mega armor and no boostas, so it will be moving as in difficult terrain the whole game. Couple that with the fact that the 6" feild area is so small when comparing it to the entire 150 orks, it won't be protectong much, and why would the marine player bopther shooing at what is under the KFF when 80% of the army will NOT be under it?

That being said, just because the KFF will not do alot, doesn't mean the orks will be loosing. This SM list is so much worse at cc than the last, and it get completely munched when the ork lines hit.

I vote ORKS

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Smae deal this time. 150 Orks with on-board cover or KFF=hard to kill.
    There is simply no way to hide 150 orks in cover, or under that shield.

Simply target a squad without cover, unbelieveably easy to do with so many models on the table.

If the orcs want to move slower through cover thats their choice, but it will just spread them out more, and delay the worst effected squads from getting into CC as fast.

However...

The simple fact remains the same, no list (except that mech tau list, but they got eliminated), that has the firepower to kill the orcs in 6 turns.

The librarain is basically ineffective against orcs, as well as the single other drop podding squad, simply not enough models.

The firebase on the rear can take down many of them, but ulimatly the orcs will mob over them.

Marines arent mobile enough to claim they could win by table quarters...

Wow, watch the orks munch through power armour all the way to the finals....and then go against the light infantry IG (that would be a fun battle)
    For the orcs perhaps..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Sm's lack nearly enough shooting to stop the orcs from reaching CC with enough power to beat them, even with drop pod CC support. also, the speeders and some marines will eat rockits before CC.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Hmm I just can't see the marines killing the orks fast enough. These marines are set up to kill power armor. They're good at it too, clearly the reason that they made it this far. But this is not what they're up against. They have to deal with hordes of orks. Their plasma and lascannons, and missile launchers is largely overkill.
    The marine army has one ace up it's sleve to use against hordes: fear of darkness, but that's not going to work against orks that fail their ld 5 check, then autopass their mob check. So that's not going to work either.
    So it's a question of how many orks can the marines get before the orks make melee? My rough estimate (doing quick and dirty math) is the marines have the capability of killing 24 orks a turn IF they are not in cover (then only 16) This capacity comes up a little when the drop pods arive, but it also goes down due to the average of 4 marines a turn to die to rokkits. Also a 1/3 of this number came from the landspeeders, should they go down, that's only about 16 a turn.
    I conclude that the marines can't kill them before CC can be joined in large numbers.
    So can the mariens win CC? Doubtful, with the exception of the command squad (wich will be a tough nut to crack), the rest of the marine amry is not suited for a CC fight. The orks will not loose.

Finally the DA army is largly immobile, while the orks can move as they need. They will controll the table quarters, and therefor win the objective.
    So. . .Orks Win
    edited for grammer
    Last edited by JORMAGI; April 30th, 2006 at 21:06.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowZora13
    lol these orks did go up against the guard army /w 110 people and oh so many missiles and heavy bolters. The orks still just swarmed all over them. Whoever designed this list os probably having the time of his life with this tournament.

For the 1st time ever I agree with forged. These marines are designed for MEQ killing and these orks are designed for MEQ killing. Now which armies the MEQ one...

I'm not even going to bother proving that orks outshoot them. The marines just cant kill enough orks before getting wiped out in assault. There are probably even enough orks to spread out through the middle and all 4 quarters of the board. Coming down in drop pods will also seriously hurt marines firepower as they wont be shooting until turn 2 minimum.

PS: sorry about my infiltration comments in the previous round. It was 10 in the morning and I was trying to find more advantages for the Dark Angels.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

So the dark angels list had no losses. There is not enough firepower to take down these orks. Perhaps if they had 9 LSTs they would fair better. However they don't so I vote Orks based on their sheer numbers

Although I have to say KFF really has its power over estimated
    Last edited by Librarian Augustine; April 30th, 2006 at 16:21.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast