Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This is the official Info Thread for Mk V. I've unstickied the discussion thread. I'd like to bring all talk about the upcoming VoteWar in this thread so we don't have multiples running around.
The games start tenatively on July 1st. That's about a month and a half from now, and should give plenty of time for the Mini to take place and let people relax. I may push it back a few weeks to the 15th if we feel too rushed.
Here are the rules for the next VoteWar -
1) Army lists will be made out to 1500 points, no more than that. Also, a "Relief Force" will be created for 300 points. Talk of the Relief Force will be covered later.
2) All standard Codex armies are allowed. Tau players will use the Tau Empires book. All campaign armies are allowed unless their parent Codex has been redone since their creation. For instance, Kult of Speed are okay, but the Salamanders are not. Banned armies also include the Armoured Company and Harlequins.
3) Units should be formatted for easy reading. The exact format can be found at the end of this post for those not familiar with the formatting model.
4) The tournament will be a double loss - elimination style. This means that if your list loses any two battles then it is disqualified and removed from the competition.
5) The winner will be decided by votes on the mission. Anyone is free to vote upon the mission as they see fit, but I ask that people try to take into account the mission rather than a simple "Who will kill who" scenario. The list with the most votes will score a win and the other list will score a loss.
6) Fluff votes may also be cast, if the voter wishes. In the case of a tie number of votes for the mission, the list with the larger amount of fluff votes will claim victory.
7) All votes must be in bold - no exceptions. Mission votes require a valid reasoning behind the vote, usually consisting of two or three proper sentences. "I agree" statements are not enough - even if you're simply repeating someone, the act of rewriting the reason into your own words often conveys more meaning upon the list creators. Fluff votes are exempt from this rule, but still need to be in bold.
8) In the case of two lists being tied for both missions votes andfluff votes, I will cast the final vote as I see fit. I do not play favourites, and often times don't even know who's list belongs to who after I have started the rounds, so I can be an impartial judge. In the case of one of the lists in question being of my creation, I will have xxxnumberofthebeastxxx cast the deciding vote, if he has not already. If he has cast a vote already, then the list he voted for earlier will score the win. (Note - this is to remove any chance of two lists both scoring wins from the same battle, which throws off a number of stats I run)
9) Since this is double elimination, the chance of an uneven amount of lists appearing is quite high. As such, I will be making use of a Seed List. I will not be creating the Seed List this time (as my Alpha Legion are taking a vacation from the over time they worked last VoteWar), and have not yet decided who will create the Seed List for me. In any case, the Seed List will be as balanced as possible and not designed to take on any form of army. The Seed List cannot win the tournament, but can knock you out of it if you lose to it.
10) Rounds last for three days, though certain situations may extend or shorten this span. All rounds end at 1pm Pacific Time, whether I have locked the thread or not. I will try to be prompt about posting new rounds, but sometimes real life interferes.
That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll keep the thread updated if I think of more along the way.
Submissions are open right now. Please remember the appropriate format when you submit a list. I don't mind doing a bit of formatting, but it makes my life much easier if you do most of the work yourself. Remember to leave off points costs for models and upgrades, as appropriate of LO rules.
Spots are limited. I'm aiming for 24 lists, but judging by last VoteWar's turnout, I'll probably have more. I will accept no more than 32 lists, period. I also can not save slots, so if you want in, submit a list. As of the time of this writing I have four confirmed lists.
After you have submitted a list, you are free to change it out or alter things if you like. However, this offer only extends until June 10th. After that date, any lists submitted are considered final. If all spots fill up before June 10th then anyone changing their list risks forfeiting their spot.
After you have submitted a list, I will send you a PM in the next day or two confirming that I recieved it, or informing you of the lack of spots. After June 10th I will start the error correcting process and checking over each list making sure no rules have been broken. After I finish each person's list I will send another confirmation PM informing you that I have verified your list and you are promised a spot. If there are errors in the list, then I will work with you to fix them.
Relief Forces -
New to this VoteWar are the Relief Forces. The relief forces are designed to allow two lists to face each other again without the fight being exactly the same as before, allowing for a bit of diveristy between matches. The rules for Relief Forces are as the following -
1) Relief Forces are to be 300 points, and no more than that.
2) Relief Forces may consist of up to two units.
3) Relief units may not break any Force Organization Chart rules. This means you may only use slots not already being used by the main list. If the entire FOC has been filled (or no more eligable slots are avaliable, AKA Imperial Guard...) then the Relief Force units must be taken from the Troops options.
4) Relief Force units always arrive via Reserves, though any method of Reserves is eligable. For instance, Daemons are still summoned, Marines may Drop Pod if they wish.
5) The Relief Force is only used in the off chance that two lists face each other again, which is often rare. Most people's Relief units will never be seen, if any.
6) The Seed List may never play the same list twice.
7) The mission type will always be of a different type than the one the two lists fought previously.
Below I have included a few example units to use as guidelines for formatting of your army lists.
A simple vehicle -
Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armor
Now, a lone character -
Master of Sanctity Chaplain (Attached to Death Company):
Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Terminator Honors; Jump Pack
Now, a full sized unit -
10x Scout Squad Marines:
9x Bolt Pistols & CCW; Infiltration; Move Through Cover
Powerfist; Bolt Pistol
Okay, I think I have it all down, and in writing. Anyone have anything to add that I might have missed? All sounds fair and reasonable?
Sounds good. Its hard to make lists with less points than previously.
I have a list, but it needs to be formatted. Reserve me a spot please
lol damnit I'm at 1503 points with nothing available to drop. If I send one of my guys in without the 2 pts for ccw/pistol then I get 1501. Anyone mind that?
I wouldn't ask normally but Caluin seemed very clear on no going over.
Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!
If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.
OK I sent a list, hope it does well. . . I think it's quite powerful, but it also has a weakness that bothers me. . .
Anyway LordLink if it was a friendly game I would totally let a few points slide, but I just don't think it's appropriate to be any over in a tounement setting with a clear point guidline. . . where do we draw the line?
I know it can be annoying, my necron army is usually like 12 points under because they have nothing to spend it on. . . (they're painfully lacking in the cheep wargear department.)
That said I'm not about to complain if it's OK'ed.
Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .
Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.
Was I one of the four?
Also, for the reserve rules, you may want to clarify. Is it up to 2 force organization chart slots or up to 2 squads, because if it's the latter, you can't include choices such as imperial guard platoons, and whatever you decide, it's confusing (or it's just me who's confused and its written clearly, in which case... I'm confused. So never mind, in that case).
Also, I do think we should try to find 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners as that increases the fun.
Last edited by TheWamp; May 14th, 2006 at 18:57.
You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.
Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place
heh I’ve been waiting for another chance at the vote war for a while so I’m in. though sadly my tau list is out of date (didn’t get the empires codex) so ill be using a fresh new one :yes:
Last edited by Arklite; May 19th, 2006 at 21:10.
spambot kill tally: 79
[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
[16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
[16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
[16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
[00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^
Just as an update, I have a confirmed 13 lists, with a few people who have expressed interest. I believe I have sent out confirmations to everyone (and may have accidentally doubled up on a few people), but if you don't think I have your list, feel free to ask me.
So, everyone still has quite a bit of time to work on their lists. Don't feel rushed to get them in.
Can I save a spot for my LaTD?
I can have the list pretty quickly, would just have to double check to make sure it's legal
(really sure. Chaos is confusing) and format it.