40k Votewar Infantry - Round #1 - Battle #12 - Space Wolves -Vs- Witch Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

40k Votewar Infantry - Round #1 - Battle #12 - Space Wolves -Vs- Witch Hunters

I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Take and Hold

Space Wolves
    HQ: 250 points => 20%
    TR: 822 points => 66%
    HS: 178 points => 14%
    Total Points: 1250 points

HQ:
    Wolf Lord Raziel
    Frost Blade; Storm Shield; Wolf Tooth Necklace; Frags; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tail Talisman

Rune Priest Endurion
    Frost Blade; Runic Staff; Chooser of the Slain; Frags; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tail Talisman

TROOPS:
    Blood Claws Growlers
    9 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; CCW; Frags
    3 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon; Frags

Blood Claws Prowlers
    9 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; CCW; Frags
    3 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon; Frags

Blood Claws Howlers
    12 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; CCW; Frags
    3 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; Power Fist; Frags

Grey Hunters Yellow-eyes
    9 Grey Hunters; Bolter; CCW
    1 Grey Hunter; Plasma Gun; CCW

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Long Fangs Blue-eyes
    1 Long Fang Pack Leader; Bolt Pistol; CCW
    4 Long Fangs; 2x Heavy Bolters; 2x Missile Launchers

Tactics for attacking:
    Raziel joins the Growlers. Endurion joins the Prowlers. I fight in 2 waves, first wave consisting of the Growlers and Prowlers. Taking or receiving charge, these will eliminate and tie up many units with 11-18 Armour Save-ingnoring attacks. Second wave is Howlers, Yellow-eyes and Blue-eyes. Yellow-Eyes bring close range fire support while Howlers charge into any unit in range. They are able to kill anything. Then lastly the Blue-eyes bring my long range support. Due to split fire I can make the most of their double equipment.

Tactics for defending:
    Raziel joins the Howlers which are staying close to objective, being the first thing to be charged into when enemy comes to my lines. Endurion joins the Yellow-eyes who deploy next to the Howlers and Blue-eyes. He shields one of these defending units every turn, depending on who is more neccaisary to protect. While these units keep back, holding the line, the 2 other Blood Claw packs, Growlers and Prowlers, charge up to the enemy stalling them, making sure they cannot effectively attack with everything and will waste a lot of time dealing with 24 Marines that never break from Close Combat.

Model Count – 56
    40 Bolt Pistols
    9 Boltguns
    2 Heavy Bolters
    2 Missile Launchers
    1 Plasma Gun

----------------------------------

Witch Hunters Infantry Force

HQ
    Canoness:
    Blessed Weapon; Book of St. Lucius; Cloak of St. Aspira; Jump Pack; Litanies of Faith;

Elites
    Inquisitor:
    Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Scourging

Callidus Assassin:
    C’tan Phase Sword; Neural Shredder; Polymorphine; Poison Blades

Troops
    16x Battle Sisters
    13 x Bolters; 1x Heavy Flamer; 1x Flamer; 1x Imagifer
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Eviscerator; Bolt Pistol

16x Battle Sisters
    13x Bolters, 1x Heavy Flamer; 1x Flamer
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Eviscerator; Bolt Pistol

13x Battle Sisters
    10x Bolters; 2x Storm Bolters; 1x Imagifer
    Veteran Sister Superior:
    Storm Bolter, CC Weapon

Fast Attack
    8 Seraphim
    -2x twin hand flamers
    -Vet. Upgrade w/ Book of St. Lucius, Brazier of Holy Fire, Eviscarator
    =230

Total = 1248[/b]
    Faith Points = 6 + Litanies of Faith

The plan:
    The 2 Sisters Flamer Squads get close and flame and rapid fire any infantry, this is very effective with certain faith points. They also pack a punch in CC. The Seraphim move forward into CC, holding and flaming any squads that they can. The Storm Bolter Sisters provide light covering fire while moving to get within 24?/Rapid Fire range of any units. The Inqusitor goes after inv. Saving units/ 5+ sv. units, and the Assassin picks on Heavy Weapons squads (Devastators) and low leadership troops. The Canoness follows along with the Seraphim, but fights by herself.

Notes:
    Faith Abilbites - There's 5 abilities, each eats up a faith point. For all you roll 2d6 (3d6 and pick the best two with imagifer) and check vs the squad size. For the first two, you have to roll under the squad size, for the last 3, you have to roll over. In the case of an Independant Character, she simply makes a Leadership check. Whenever you lose a faithful unit (say a veteran sister superior), you gain (a second time) the amount of faith that they originally contributed. Powers are shared among the squad of the faithful unit.

the abilities are:
    1. +2 strength, strike last for the cc phase
    2. on a 6 to wound, AP1 or power weapon as appropriate for the phase
    3. +2 initiative (can't be used with the first one) for the phase
    4. fearless for a turn
    5. save becomes invulnerable (is activated at the beginning of any cc or the enemy's shooting phase) for a phase

Seraphim has the Universal “Hit & Run? special Rule.

All Sisters Units are faithful (i.e. they can use faith points), but the normal Battle Sister troops squads lose this ability when the Veteran Sister Superior dies.

Scourging – str 5 AP 5, Assault D6, Rng 18?, Ignores Inv Saves.

Twin Hand Flamers = Counts as a normal flamer, but as 2x CC weapons in an assault.

All Seraphim have Twin Linked Bolt Pistols, these count for 2x CC weapons in assault.

Eviscarator = Chainfist = Powerfist + 2D6 armour penetration

Litanies of Faith= one free faith point automatically passed

Book of St. Lucius = All friendly units within 6? get unmodified Ld of bearer to use

Cloak of St. Aspira = 2+ sv

Brazier of Holy Fire = One shot flamer that counts as a CC weapon

Model Count – 56
    36 Boltguns
    3 Storm Bolters
    2 Flamers
    2 Heavy Flamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Hmm, well the calidus assain will do well.

The blood claws are wicked good in CC with a charge, but only ok if they dont.

Its hard to say.

The mission is take and hold, which lends me to the sisters, as they can use faith points to make themselves deadly in shooting, while nearly invincable in CC.

However they only have 6.

There are also two hugely powerful HQ for the space wolves, which the sisters will have a difficult time stopping.

I think the wolves will win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Well, I see the Callidus assassinating the Long Fangs. Or perhaps just moving them off so they don't have LoS on the first turn, forcing them to waste a round.

In a shooting match, the Sisters will definetly win, especially if the Long Fangs are removed by the Assassin. In a Close Combat match, the Wolves definetly win.

If it were a static mission, such as Seek and Destroy, I'd say the Sisters could've won since the Wolves are slow. They have no fast moving units, no transports, and no Drop Pods (Yes, I realize that they couldn't take them in the first place, but that doesn't diminish the point). That makes them sitting ducks for the Sisters to pick off as they advance. However, since the goal is the center of the board, the Sisters will have to move towards the Wolves. They can't hang back and take out Wolves piece meal and secure the mission at the same time. Even if the Wolves never reached combat, if the Sisters don't move and take the center of the board, they'll lose on Victory Points alone.

Space Wolves, but that could be influenced if someone gave a convincing arguement.
    Last edited by Caluin; May 16th, 2006 at 00:08.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I'm leaing on the sister's for the moment, I don't like the Assassin and the amount of shooting the wolves will have to face.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

I vote Sisters of Battle
    The Sisters have the numbers, and with a "measly" 7 faith points they can do some real damage to the wolves. The Assassin can take out the long fangs, and the Cannoness would be able to pick on Grey Hunters.

The Rest of the Sisters squads can elilinate the Space Wolves as each force moves towards the centre of the table. When the wolves close, the Sisters can give them the right end of 72 Bolter Shots, and 4 templates. This should sufficently be able to reduce the wolves' numbers.

Most they likely be able to mop up the survivers in CC, with the help of the Seraphim and Cannoness if she doesn't go after the Grey Hunters, who can harras the wolves, Divine Guidance flaming, and reatreaing (not so the cannoness), and repeating so. This will allow the Sisters to destroy the wolves, and take position in the table winning the game.

Yossanrion
    Last edited by Lord Yossanrion; May 17th, 2006 at 00:31.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Still could go either way here, 2 to 1 in favor of the wolves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

this and the kroot/DE fight are probobly the closest matches this round. I could see both going either way with good generals on both sides. I need to run some numbers before I decide on this one...
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

206 (x6)

Both lists are pretty fluffy as well. This is a toughie. :shifty:
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I've thought about it and I still say that the SoB will win.

The assasin can assassinate the LongFangs and then the sister's shoot uncontested

42 bolt shots, 28 hit, 14 wound, 4 wolves die. Meaning by the time they footslog it there they've lost 16 wolves.

IF faith is used, the AP1 thing, it get's lot worse.

Not to mention once she's finished with the long fangs the assassin can tie up another squad for a turn and stagger the attack allowing the sister's to take them piecemeal

And once they assault and kill one squad, they then get hit by a lot of flamers and rapidfiring bolters.

And it's not as if the sister's are pushovers in CC, they've got eviscerators and faith to boot.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

I thought sisters were BS 3... Am i wrong about this?

And once they assault and kill one squad, they then get hit by a lot of flamers and rapidfiring bolters.

And it's not as if the sister's are pushovers in CC, they've got eviscerators and faith to boot.
    even if your stats are correct, they leave the sisters in bad shape.

4 wolves a turn, is 8 dead, then another 8 as the sisters rapid fire.

Now the wolves charge,

Blood Claws Howlers
    12 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; CCW; Frags
    3 Blood Claws; Bolt Pistol; Power Fist; Frags
    Is this squad really suppose to be 12 normal blood claws?

Anyway, 39 blood claws which lose 16 to shooting, thats still 23 wolves alive + the grey hunters.

Anyway, the wolves move up shoot, 7 dead.

Now the blood claws + HQ assault.

23 blood claws, with 9 powerfists.

Anyway, they would probably asssault across 3 squads.

HQs go first, 6.7 dead.

Normal blood claws, 6.2

23 sisters attack back...

kill 1

9 powerfists...

15 dead

Sisters with chain fists: 4 dead.

The sisters lose combat horribly.

Faith will effect the results, but not for every squad, as they are all very strong at the start of the round, making passing the faith test difficult.

So rolling over 16, or 13 with two dice is impossible, so i dont think its likley they will get the 3+ invunerable.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast