40k Votewar Infantry - Round #1 - Battle #10 - Iron Warriors -Vs- Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

40k Votewar Infantry - Round #1 - Battle #10 - Iron Warriors -Vs- Eldar

I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Take and Hold

Iron Warriors

Chaos Lord: 192 pts.
    Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Essence, Daemonic Resilience, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic speed, Daemonic Aura,
    Power Weapon
    Bolt pistol.
    Spiky Bits
    Infiltrate
    Furious Charge
    Frag Grenades

Obliterator Cult: 70 pts
    1 Obliterator

1 Obliterator

1 Obliterator

Chaos Marine Squad: 85 pts
    3 Marines with boltguns
    1 Marine with heavy bolter
    1 Marine with plasmagun

3 Marines with boltguns
    1 Marine with plasmagun

3 Marines with boltguns
    1 Marine with plasmagun

3 Marines with boltguns
    1 Marine with plasmagun

3 Marines with boltguns
    1 Marine with plasmagun

Havoc Squad: 186 pts
    5 Havocs with boltguns
    4 Havocs with Heavy Bolters

Bike Squadron: 225 pts
    2 Chaos Bikers
    2 Chaos Bikers with flamers
    1 Aspiring Champion: Power fist, Daemon Armour
    Furious Charge.

Model Count – 48
    9 Heavy Bolters
    6 Plasma Guns
    2 Flamers
    23 Boltguns

------------------------

Seer Council (1067 Points)
    Farseer w- fortune, witchblade, shuriken pistol, runes of witnessing
    Farseer w- fortune, mindwar, witchblade, shuriken pistol
    3 Farseers w- mindwar, witchblade, shuriken pistol
    Warlock w- enhance, witchblade, shuriken pistol
    Warlock w- embolden, witchblade, shuriken pistol
    3 Warlocks w- witchblade, shuriken pistol
    42 Warlocks w- close combat weapons, shuriken pistols

90 5 Black Guardians w- starcannon
    90 5 Black Guardians w- starcannon

Total (1248 Points)

Model Count – 62
    2 Starcannons
    52 Shuriken pistols

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Ok this is redicous.

Well, the black gaurdains will be slaughtered.

But the warlocks are pretty tough to kill.

However the chaos marines have such a huge volume of firepower, im not sure the warlocks can stand up to it.

The other list with a big warlock squad said the 4+ was rerollable, is that true for this squad?

With the rerollable the chaos marines could down 7 or 8 models a turn, meaning the squad is definatly not invunerable, to this volume of shooting.

I thinking of voting chaos.

The mission is also take and hold, which favors the eldar, since they have one huge squad, but if that squad goes under 50% they lose, So in devided as to what i think will happen.

peace

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

The other list with a big warlock squad said the 4+ was rerollable, is that true for this squad?
    Yep. the "Fortune" psychic power allows to re-roll all armour, cover and invulnerable saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Yep, the Seer councils on a 4++ with re-roll due to fortune so killing off that 50 model unit to under 50% requires getting 26 wounds past 4++, 4++. Or 104 wounds.

9 Heavy Bolters would do 15 per turn.
    6 Plasma, 3 per turn
    23 Bolters, 10 per turn

So a good 25 per turn, you can take them to under 50% in 4 turns or so. Add in a couple of kills from the lors, the fact that the small squads can go base to base to avoid combat consolidations and you should in 6 turns do enough.

Once the unit is under 50% the CSM Bikers, having avoided combat throughout with thier fast move will zoom into the Eldar DZ (they can hide from the Starcannon turn 1) and win the game on the all important mission.

Chaos
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

I'd like to point out that the re-roll invuls aren;t that bad. It basically gives them a 1/4 chance of dieing. It seems huge at first but then you have to remember it's not that much better than a marines 1/3 (except it's invulnerable but that's not the point).

But anyway, only one out of every 4 wounds is actually going to score so let's count the shooting up and then divide be 4.

Let's say the oblits go for heavy bolters.

12 heavy bolters. 24 hits, 20 wounds.
    5 Plasmaguns. 4 hit, 4 wounds.
    20 boltguns. 14 hit, 10 wounds

So that's a grand total of 34 wounds, divide by 4 and we get 8 casulties per turn.

Now considering that over the course of two rolls, the FoF rolls are likely to add up to 7 inches that means that the eldar cover 19 inches movement which means if they deploy on the on th 10 inch mark or below the chaos are guarranteed to be fairly safe which means the eldar are looking at a 3rd turn charge giving me (let's allow them to go first) two rounds of shooting meaning 16 casulties. which leaves 5 farseers and 31 warlocks.

Next turn they charge and duly kill a squad of five marines.

Now we bring the bikers in.

15 bolters rapid fire. 20 hits, 14 wounds
    3 twin licked bolters. 5 hits, 4 wounds.
    4 plasma rapidfire. 6 hits, 5 wounds.
    11 Heavy Bolters. 22 hit, 19 wounds.

And two flamers, I will do this later, but after an assault the HQ is going to be very clogged up meaning the flamers will have maximum effect.

So without the Flamers which I will calculate through the process of actually getting out that many models in six hours time, we are looking at 42 wounds, 10 casulties. 5 farseers and only 21 warlocks and I haven't counted flamers yet. Oh, and the group is already a mere ONE casulty waway from being under 50%, they're right on the line. However the flamers will fix that.

Then all of the T5 goodness charges in, Oblits, bikers and Lord and will hold them held up for quite some time. by charging the squad from several sides at one, they will split up the Eldar's attacks and cause them to do less damage. the majority of the warlocks are nullified by T5. Meaning only 10 models are going to actually really get stuck into the fight, I'll need some help on this as I don't know the stat's of the Eldar.

Now while that massive melee is going on, the rest of the army can wipe out the two tiny guardian squads, complete the objective which I may remind everyone is paramount here and the eldar really have no shot at doing. So one squad moves off to grab the objective while the other three pile on in.With their attacks split up so badly the eldar have no hope of getting out through all of the good Toughness and saves.

Ooops, forgot to vote. Iron Warriors
    Last edited by Triumph Of Man; May 16th, 2006 at 14:34.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

Haven't I seen this eldar army somewhere before?.......

Chaos for the win

anyway guardians die almost instantly, but lets say they get a shot off,
    6 starcannon shots = 4 hits = 3ish dead marines nothing worth writing home about

That leaves only the Seer council which needs to take 27 casualties to be below 50%

I dont know what oblits do but someone said they can have heavy bolters. So 12 heavy bolters all out of range of mind war(dont see any augments in there) = 5 casualtis per turn given three rounds of shooting thats 15 dead, 12 more to go, add in a round or two from the bolters and plasma lets say 4 more die (that was a total guess), so 8 more until the eldar have no hope.

So can a crazy Chaos Lord plus some furious bikers and maybe some oblits cause 8 wounds? I say yes. Farseers are IC's(i think) so the need BtB to attack, Bikes and Lord are both fast so it'd be easy enough to avoid them that leaves a bunch of warlocks with CCW's trying to kill a bunch of T5 power armored crazies. Even if the farseers and warlock with witchblades got in there they only have 2 attacks each. Plus the bikers can use the two flamers at short range on the big squad, frying 3 or 4 before combat.

If the mission had been anything other than take and hold or secure and control the eldar would have no chance, go ahead try to claim 6 loot counter with one squad, or 4 table quarters. Even so I dont see them pulling this one out, too much accurate firepower from chaos, backed up by a bunch of T5 marines vs. S3 warlocks.

and Chaos for fluff for somewhat obvious reasons(Iron warriors with a crap load of heavy weapons and oblits vs. 1000+ points into HQ)
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Tremendus firepower by the iron warriors, even with a save better then powerarmour they will fall.

Chaos win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Ahh that is a tough to kill HQ for certain, but in the end eldar has putt all of their eggs in one basket. Chaos will be able to kill them over time, and once they get but half of them dead they no longer have a scoring unit to win the objective with. At that point Chaos will win the objective by default.

Iron Warriors Win
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I have every faith in the lord to hold up the seer council for all 6 turns. The eldar simply cannot hurt it. That said theres nothing to stop chaos from taking the objective but a few measly guardians. If the oblitz deep-strike and aid the lord then the council is tied up forever. This is all assuming they dont get shot to death which they will.

chaos for the win. and for fluff
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

Haven't I seen this eldar army somewhere before?.......
    Indeed you have. A few posts down, in fact.

Well...not the same list. Just similar.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast