40K VWMkV - Round #1 - Battle #8 - Space Marines versus Biel-Tan Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkV - Round #1 - Battle #8 - Space Marines versus Biel-Tan Eldar

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

The Lost Knights of Ruthar
    Space Marines

HQ: 326
    Elites: 460
    Troops: 364
    Fast Attack: 130
    Heavy Support: 220

Master of Sanctity Chaplain:
    Bolt Pistol & Crozius; Rosarius; Artificer Armour; Infiltration

9x Command Squad Marines:
    Infiltration; 2x Plasma gun; 6x Bolter & Close Combat Weapon
    1x Company Champion w/ Power weapon & bolt pistol; Combat Shield

Venerable Dreadnought:
    Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher; Tank Hunter

Venerable Dreadnought:
    Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher; Tank Hunter

Venerable Dreadnought:
    Assault Cannon; DCCW; Furious Assault; Extra Armour

7x Space Marine Scouts:
    Infiltration; 6x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    Veteran Sergeant
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

7x Space Marine Scouts:
    Infiltration; 6x Bolt Pistol & CCW
    Veteran Sergeant
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol

7x Space Marine Scouts:
    Infiltration; 1x Sniper Rifle; 1x Missile Launcher; 3x Bolters

2x Attack Bikes:
    2x Multi-Melta & Twin Linked bolters; Frag Grenades

Dreadnought:
    Assault Cannon; DCCW; Extra Armour

Dreadnought:
    Assault Cannon; DCCW; Extra Armour

Tactics:
    hmm the aim of this list? To have a bit of fun really. I’ve always liked the idea of a iyanden style space marine chapter that need to rely on its dreadnoughts to bring its self to bear on the enemy. Tactically the scouts and chappies unit make a mass infiltration if possible while the dreadnoughts give fire support/some heavy assault power.

-----------------

Swordwind
    Craftworld Biel-Tan Eldar

HQ: 86
    Elite: 195
    Troops: 1213
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 0

Farseer (Attached to Banshee Squad):
    Ghosthelm; Runes of Witnessing; Suriken Pistol; Witchblade; Fortune

1x Vyper:
    Starcannon; TwinLinked Shuriken Catapult

1x Vyper:

1x Vyper:

10x Striking Scorpions:
    9x Shuriken Pistol & CCW; Plasma & Haywire Grenades; Mandiblasters
    Exarch w/ Shuriken Pistol; Scorpion’s Claw; Stealth

10x Striking Scorpions:
    9x Shuriken Pistol & CCW; Plasma & Haywire Grenades; Mandiblasters
    Exarch w/ Shuriken Pistol; Scorpion’s Claw; Stealth

9x Howling Banshees:
    8x Shuriken Pistol & Power Weapon; Banshee Mask
    Exarch w/ Shuriken Pistol; Executioner; Banshee Mask
    Wave Serpent Transport w/ TL Bright Lance; TL Shuriken Catapult; Spirit Stone; Vectored Engines

7x Fire Dragons:
    7x Fusion guns; Meltabombs
    Wave Serpent Transport w/ TL Bright Lance; TL Shuriken Catapult; Spirit Stone

5x Dark Reapers:
    5x Reaper Launcher

Tactics:
    Scorpions infiltrate to get in a good position, strike quick. Simultaneously, the enemy is rushed by 2 Wave Serpents, one carrying the Banshees, the other the Dragons, and the enemy does not know which. I know this is a difficult tactic to implement in a VoteWar, but generally the less important WS, decided by the enemy army (vs all infantry IG, Dragons are not as good, for example), will be slightly ahead, and go charging straight for their troops that the enemy does not want assaulted, so more fire will end up on that Serpent, while the other is safe. Then the next movement phase, the decoy, if still mobile, zips back to the correct area of the table for its cargo, and the real threat moves up and drops its troops off. Dark Reapers and Vypers give support from afar, weakening the enemy lie for the impending charge, and once they get there, the Fire Dragons take care of heavy armor of either type, AV or 2-3+ save. The Banshees will join the Scorpions in combat and clean up what’s left over, preying on weakened squads, especially the high save, but not necessarily high T units, such as termies.

Last edited by Caluin; July 10th, 2006 at 17:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

I vote Space Marines.

Eldars only anti armor comes from the serpents and later on from the fire dragons, but they have 5 dreads to handle, 3 of which are venerable.

I believe the SM have enough anti armor and fire power to deal with the serpents and the infiltrating scorpians.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

I agree with Katalyst.

The SM have massive firepower, Assault Cannon on Howling Banshees are nasty and TLLC with Tank Hunter ought to down the Wave Serpents quickly.

The SM player can use his Dreads as close Infantry support, I doubt a Scorpion squad could hold out against a Dreadnougth and a Tactical Charge.

Though the BTan have some firepower SM infiltrating ought to partly neutralise that.

Space Marines
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I vote Space Marines as that many assault cannons will just kill to many. This eldar player has forgotten to bring along anti-tank and thats going to get punished by 5 dreadnoughts. Sure the fire dragons might kill 1 but 4 more invulnerable dreadnoughts with assault cannons are just to nasty.

Also Caluin I would like to point out the controversial rules debate over heed the wisdom of the ancients. In be swift as the wind the marine codex clearly states tht bikes may be elites and/or troops. With WoTA they have deliberately said elites OR Heavy Support. Still limiting 3 dreadnoughts to an army.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

hmm that is a pretty good point actually.... and im inclined to agree. id like to at this point surrender to the biel tan eldar list here. though i am probebly giving up a second chance of glory i don't want to do so with the chance of having used an ilegal list. its not in my nature and its unfair for me to do so.

SPACE MARINES WITHDRAW

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Space Marines

Guys, the whole point of HEED THE WISDOM OF THE ANCIENTS is that the space marines revere Dreadnoughts so they use them more than other space marines. In a deathwing list, you can take termies as troops, elites, fast attack or heavy suport. It wouldn't make any sense if you could take them as fast attack and NOT as troops, because it wouldn't be legal. So it would have to be assumed that you can take them for both.

Eldar have 2 bright lances but they are outranged and the wave serpants don't have holofields.

The fire dragons can be taken care of via assault cannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    Also Caluin I would like to point out the controversial rules debate over heed the wisdom of the ancients. In be swift as the wind the marine codex clearly states tht bikes may be elites and/or troops. With WoTA they have deliberately said elites OR Heavy Support. Still limiting 3 dreadnoughts to an army.
    I don't know if I agree with that, as it seems sort of against the nature of GW to do something like that. I'm willing to rule in favour of allowing the list as legal, but if the Space Marines player wishes to withdraw, I won't stop him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

well, if it is seen in the eyes of the master of the votewar to be legal ill put my self back in. but ill keep my self on a thin strand as ill have to have a good look at the rules myself (more than normal that be) and make my mind up.

(not to mention i got some backing up from friends to stick with this.)

so...

SPACE MARINES COUNTER-WITHDRAW!

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I agree with Ezekiel and Caluin, this list is legal. At least I believe it is.

I don't think there's any way for the eldar to do enough damage to all those dreads, and the assault cannons will eat through them quite nicely. Also the scouts help with extra bodies and powerfists.

I vote Space Marines
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990
    and the wave serpants don't have holofields.
    I dont think they can take them.

other wise they would be super duper hard to kill with their skimmer moving fast, reverse-lance energy field, holo-field and spirit stones.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast