40K VWMkV - Round #2 - Battle #28 - Chaos Marines versus Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkV - Round #2 - Battle #28 - Chaos Marines versus Space Marines

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Black Legion
    Chaos Space Marines

HQ: 150
    Elites: 461
    Troops: 550
    Fast Attack: 337

Chaos Lord:
    Mark of Nurgle; Daemonic Strength; Daemonic Aura; Manreaper; Infiltrate; Daemonic Speed

5x Chosen Terminators:
    Mark of Nurgle; 3x Power Weapon & Combi-bolter; 1x Chainfist & Combi-bolter; 1x Chainfist & Heavy Flamer

3x Obliterators
    Body Weapons

8x Plague Marines:
    Mark of Nurgle; True Grit; 5x Bolter & CCW; 2x Plasma gun
    Aspiring Champion w/ Powerfist & Bolter; Daemonic Mutation; Teleport Homer

8x Plague Marines:
    Mark of Nurgle; True Grit; 5x Bolter & CCW; 2x Plasma gun
    Aspiring Champion w/ Powerfist & Bolter; Daemonic Mutation; Teleport Homer

8x Daemonettes:
    Warp Scream; Daemonic Talons

8x Raptors:
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Furious Charge; 4x Bolt Pistol & CCW; 3x Meltagun
    Aspiring Champion w/ Power Weapon; Bolt Pistol; Daemonic Strength; Daemonic Mutation; Teleport Homer

Tactics:
    The Terminators will usually start out in reserve. Against shooty armies, the Plague Marines and Raptors attempt to advance behind cover and get in close, where they can call down the Terminators. Nurgle terminators will cause trouble in close combat against shooty armies, as will the Raptors and daemonettes. The Plague Marines can help clean up when they arrive, or move towards objectives after calling foward the Terminators.

Against close combat armies, the Plague Marines will hug cover while the Raptors hang back and wait to pounce on the front unit, while the Nurgle Terminators can drop 2 templates to thin out the hordes. Additionally, as long as the Plague Marines can hold up, the terminators and raptors will make for nice counter charge units. The obliterators can pinch in as well, either starting out on table against hordes (for additional flamers to teleport down) or sticking around to throw some plasma at charging MEQ's. Afterwards they can jump into the fray with powerfists.

Tank armies will no doubt be the toughest. Here the Obliterators will definitely start out on table. Raptors should be able to down most tanks they get within range of, and the plasmas can glance up to av13. Terminators can potentially crack rear armor when they teleport down. Their chainfists can rip apart a tank as well, if they manage to make it into close combat with one.

-------------------

The Arctic Foxes
    Space Marines

Traits:
    Advantages: See but don't be seen & Take the fight to them
    Disadvantages: Aspire to Glory & We stand alone

HQ: 112
    Elite: 193
    Troops: 628
    Fast Attack: 366
    Heavy Support: 200

Reclusiarch Chaplain (attached to 7 man assault squad):
    Crozius; Rosarius; Bolt Pistol; Jump Pack; Bionics; Frag grenades

Venerable Dreadnought:
    Twin-Linked Lascannon; DCCW; Storm Bolter; Tank Hunters; Venerable; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers; Drop Pod

8x Scout squad marines:
    8x Bolt pistol & CCW; Infiltrate; Move through cover

8x Scout squad marines:
    8x Bolt pistol & CCW; Infiltrate; Move through cover

10x Tactical squad marines:
    9x Bolt pistol & CCW; Infiltrate
    Veteran Sergeant w/ Bolt pistol & Powerfist

10x Tactical squad marines:
    9x Bolt pistol & CCW; Infiltrate
    Veteran Sergeant w/ Bolt pistol & Powerfist

8x Assault squad marines:
    6x Bolt pistol & CCW; 2x Plasma pistol & CCW; Meltabombs

7x Assault squad Marines:
    5x Bolt pistol & CCW; 2x Plasma pistol & CCW

8x Devastator squad marines:
    4x Bolter; 4x Missile Launcher

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Chaos

They don't have any vehicles and they beat the SM in assault with true grit and powerfists, not to mention that they have enough shooting power to soften the SM assault units up. Not to mention that the SM don't have much anti-2+ shooting.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

An assaulty, infiltrating SM army with two assault squads and two scout squads that lack VetSgts with PF/PW? That basically reduces these squads to power armored speedbumps. The Pus Marines, with their True Grit will first be able to outshoot the loyalists and then completely crush them in hth with their better toughness and ACs with PFs. The Obliterators could lose a man to the dread, but they'll take him out in the end because they'll have more shots. The Devastator squad could inflict some damage, but that Chaos Speed Lord is built for taking units like that out of the fight and that's probably just what he'll do.

Black Legion, hands down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Chaos both outshoots and outassaults the space marines. Marines will take a fair bit of casualties 18 plasma shots dished out by the oblitz and I'd trust daemonettes and raptors to take on the assault marines. Scouts meet the plague marines and lose due to equal offensive but plague marines have better defensive.

That just leaves the tacticals desperately trying to kill the oblitz and terminators somehow. Not going to happen...

Chaos win.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I'm going to withhold my vote for now but I'd like to point out a few things.

The marines significantly outnumber chaos. Infiltrating and asssault squads give the marines the edge in mobility allowing them to get to the objective. Chaos outassaults the marines? less bodies with less attacks makes me doubt that. A couple of small units with true grit may help a bit but they're not outassaulting them. The plasma pistols and dreadnought should be able to put quite a dent in the oblits and termies. The dev squad can shoot to soften up the main threats. A unit without a powerfist is still able to kill things, they are marines after all.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

The chaos player will get up close and personal with the foxes, deep striking his terminators right where they need to be.

The mission is take and hold, so they will already start with the objective, removing so many toughness 5 models will be very hard.

The demonettes can be used like speed bumps, chaos win.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

By my count it is 4-0 in favor of the Chaos.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Closed Thread