40K VWMkV - Round #2 - Battle #19 - Alaitoc Eldar versus Dark Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkV - Round #2 - Battle #19 - Alaitoc Eldar versus Dark Eldar

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Secure and Control

Alaitoc Eldar

Farseer:
    Guide

5x Pathfinders
    5x Ranger Long Rifles & Shuriken Pistols

5x Pathfinders

5x Pathfinders

3 Rangers
    3x Ranger Long Rifles & Shuriken Pistols

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3x Vypers
    3x Starcannons; 3x Shuriken Cannons

Wraithlord:
    Bright lance; 2x Flamers

Wraithlord:
    Bright lance; 2x Flamers

Wraithlord:
    Bright lance; 2x Flamers

Tactics:
    Model Count=43
    Vehicle Count=3
    Disruption Rolls=11

The farseer baby sits the vypers increasing their already significant firepower. Vypers hide out of sight then get guided and skimmer out all guns blazing. The pathfinders infiltrate into cover and rangers set up a battle line using whatever covers available. Wraithlords ensure my battle line is not killed and stop assault armies like orks.

-------------------

Ghostwind Kabal
    Dark Eldar

HQ: 152
    Elites: 0
    Troops: 942
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 405

Archon Lok-Nar:
    Punisher; Tormentor Helm; Shadow Field; Combat Drugs; Animus Vitae; Plasma Grenades

9x Warriors (Archon joins this squad):
    6x Splinter Rifle; 1x Splinter Cannon; 1x Blaster
    Sybarite w/ Punisher; Tormentor Helm; Plasma Grenades
    Raider w/ Horrorfex; Dark Lance

10x Warriors:
    7x Splinter Rifle; 1x Splinter Cannon; 1x Blaster
    Sybarite w/ Punisher; Tormentor Helm; Plasma Grenades

10x Warriors:
    Sybarite w/ Punisher; Tormentor Helm; Xenospasm Grenade Launcher; Plasma Grenades

10x Warriors:
    Sybarite w/ Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Plasma Grenades

10x Warriors:
    Sybarite w/ Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Plasma Grenades

Ravager:
    3x Dark Lances; Night Shield

Ravager:
    3x Disintegrators; Night Shield

Ravager:
    3x Disintegrators; Night Shield

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Damnation, thats a tough vote for either side. The missions contested by turn one if the DE get first turn. Fluff vote is even for both sides, both exemplifying the aspects of the given armies beautifully; I think I'm gonna vote for the Dark Eldar though. Those disruption rolls can hardly afford any sixes against the vehicles and if those ravagers aren't given a fair priority then they can take down the wraithlords and vypers pretty quickly.

Eldar getting first turn would be the exact same, those ravagers wouldn't stand much of a chance from the fire of the wraithlords and vypers.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Dark Eldar

Disruption Rolls don't work against vehicles, which makes them slightly pointless as far as that is concerned. From there combat with the Ranger shouldn't be hard, and with the number of Dark Lances around, Wraithlords shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Oh they don't work against vehicles!? Well that screws the eldar over quite a bit then.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

I vote Dark eldar

With disruption rolls being utterly wasted (expect possibly that archon, but still, one disruption roll per target. It'll probably just be pinned), and the ability to swiftly take down the only viable threats (the wraithlords and vypers), the Dark eldar will dominate this fight
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

I vote Dark Eldar.

-DE have plenty of high strength/low ap weapons to deal with the wraithlords.

-Alaitoc just doesn't have enough anti armor ability.

-Disruption does not affect vehicles.

-DE has the speed to get to the objective with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Dark Eldar
    Disruption roles are wasted, sniper rifles are worthless against even the lightest of vehicles. Dark eldar can focus on killing the wraith lords & vipers, and once they're down they can just sit in their raiders and mock & kill the rangers that can't hurt them at all! Seriously unless the dark eldar dismount not one ranger can do anything. (remember raiders are open topped, they can shoot out of them just fine they don't need to get out.)
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Dark Eldar This is a nasty list. Lots of bodies, mobility, serious firepower that is effective vs vehicles, power armor, big gribblies and wraithlords. Those poor Eldar rangers are going to shoot and inflict no damage until their dark brethren get finished taking apart the wraithlords and jet-bikes (probably by the end of turn 2) and the the Dark Eldar can either shoot them to pieces from within the vehicles or assault them at their leisure. Owwch!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    With disruption rolls being utterly wasted
    All those sniper rifles WILL have a great effect against the dark eldar, as they roll 2d6 for armor penetration. Of the total 36 dice combinations possible, 6 and 6, 5 and 6, 6 and 5, and 5 and 5 will score a glancing hit... that is a 4/36 or 1/9 glancing per sniper hit, and as the raiders used in this army will require 3 glancing hits to destroy, and as snipers hit on a 2+, 1/9 * 5/6 * 1/3 * 39 (the number of eldar sniper rifles in the Alaitoc list) = 1.2 raiders will die to sniper fire per turn. Even though the vypers are DEAD (the 6 S7 blasts/turn from the ravagers hits as 12 S8 hits per turn against open topped), the DE will be forced to focus on the WLs for the first two turns, while the rangers will be continuing to mercilessly pound raiders out of the sky... Alaitoc is normally weak vs mech armies, but raiders are just too weak to resist sniper fire. Alaitoc wins, but by a narrow margin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

all those DE vehicles are AV10 right? sniper rifles can touch them just fine.

With 40 ranger shots and approx. 33 hit that comes to an average of 5 glancing hits on fast moving skimmers. Since they are open topped they take considerably more damage. Comibe that with 3 bright lances from the wraithlords, 2 hit, 2 glance and theres 7.

Thats 7 vehicles shaken at the very least not to mention they crash on a 5 or 6. Now I count 8 vehicles in the DE army so thats a serious pronlem for them.

This is all assuming that DE are fast moving, if they arent they will be killed by ap and pen hits.

PS: open-topped is +1 on damage chart? sorry I cant remember the rule, that means they die on 4-5 or 6.

I vote Alaitoc for sniper rifles being able to bring down vehicles. DE are screwed without their transports and not having disruption is not that big a loss.

edit: ah yes I forgot about the starcannons-9shots-4.5-hit-2.25 glance. That brings the total up to every single dark eldar vehicle glanced and unable to fire and quite a few of them dead.

edit: oops forgot guide, starcannons get 6.75 hits so thats approx. 3 glance. Bringing the total up to 10 glancing hits on the DE.
    Last edited by LordLink; July 11th, 2006 at 04:30.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast