40K VWMkV - Round #5 - Battle #53 - Necrons versus Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VWMkV - Round #5 - Battle #53 - Necrons versus Necrons

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Necrons (ALPHA)

Necron Lord:
    Staff of Light; Resurrection Orb; Veil of Darkness

10x Warriors
    Gauss Flayers

10x Warriors
    Gauss Flayers

7x Immortals
    Gauss Blasters

7x Immortals
    Gauss Blasters

10x Flayed Ones
    Infiltration; Deep Strike

5x Destroyers
    Gauss Cannons

9x Scarab Bases

Phase Out: 12

Tactics:
    Warriors
    I set my Warriors up on the front line. They move most of the time to get into firing position, so I like them as close a possible to start out with. I keep the squads within 6" whenever possible.

Immortals
    I line the Immortals up behind the Warriors to give them cover fire as the Warriors move forward. They also stay within 6" whenever possible.

Flayed Ones
    These guys stick behind the main force of Warriors/Immortals and will either charge units that are preparing to charge me or let the unit get charged and the Lord Veil them away, then charge the enemy unit left in the open.

Lord
    He stays near the Warrior/Immortal core and provides Res Orb support. If any of the units get charged, I'll Veil them out and let the remaining guns/Flayed Ones clean up. I also use the Veil for last turn Objective moves.

Destroyers
    I let these guys cover one of my flanks (preferrably the one with enemy armor pointed at it). They use cover and are not afraid of Dangerous Terrain tests. I'll also sacrifice their shooting for last turn Objective moves with TB

Scarabs
    These guys will cover the opposite flank than the Destroyers. If needs be, I'll TB them out in the open for target priority checks or speed bumps for incoming charging units. I'll also chase down heavy support squads with them.

General
    I try to keep the main core of my army (Warriors/Immortals) in a group. I spread them out when facing template guns, but maintain 6" coherency for WBB purposes. Also, when given the choice I'll go last. This gives me one extra round of WBB (to get back scoring units, prevent Phase Out, etc.)

-----------------

SEED LIST
    Necrons (BETA)

HQ: 410
    Elites: 224
    Troops: 540
    Fast Attack: 323
    Heavy Support: 0

Necron Lord:
    Staff of Light; Resurrection Orb; Veil of Darkness

Necron Lord:
    WarScythe; Destroyer Body; Gaze of Flame; Phylactery; Resurrection Orb

8x Immortals
    Gauss Blasters

10x Warriors
    Guass Flayers

10x Warriors
    Guass Flayers

10x Warriors
    Guass Flayers

3x Wraiths

4x Destroyers
    Guass Blasters

Phase Out = 11 models

Tactics:
    Lords have various roles and can adapt to different situations. For example they can sit by the warriors and destroyers, enabling them to come back always. The other lord can do the same, but can also use the Veil to teleport a unit, like the immortals, and shoot the hell out of any target. This is quite a balanced list and can take all comers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Hmm Necron vs Necron. . . going to take some figuring on this one. . .
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Pairing off the lists:

10 flayed ones beat 3 wraiths (I think).
    5 destroyers beat 4 destroyers (duh)
    14 immortals beat 8 immortals.
    scarabs and 20 warriors equal 30 warriors.

Of course this isn't how the battle will pan out due to veil of darkness and scarab targets and things but I think Alpha is superior in this one.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I'd bet on NECRON ALPHA.

My decision is based on the phase out numbers.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well the only thing i dont get about this battle, is whos gonna eat all those pop tarts..

Alpha toasters

10 flayed ones beat 3 wraiths (I think).
    5 destroyers beat 4 destroyers (duh)
    14 immortals beat 8 immortals.
    scarabs and 20 warriors equal 30 warriors.
    Cleaver..

What about 2 lords VS 1?

Anyway, i think the alpha list has a better tactics plan, and since the lists are so simliar.. the alpha lists also has a more dynamic feel to it, a bit more mobile, i think. In the end the top necron list seems better suited to kill the bottom.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

I vote Beta.

Both lists look decent, but I was swayed by the dual res orbs and the number of warriors.

The 2x lords will do more damage, especialy the destroyer lord with a warscythe.

Beta also has, IMO, a better unit to VoD, the 8x immortals.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Definitely Beta

In this fight, there's two key advantages that the beta have. First, they have two lords which is huge. Second, they have a far easier time removing the enemy's res orbs.

Oh, and who created the seed list? Because they should know that there's several things here which are done oddly.

First, destroyer lords shouldn't really be given res orbs, or gaze of flame. The mobility is wasted, since gaze of flame is best used in defense of a squad, IMO, and res orbs have to stick around to be useful. Basically, the point of toughness isn't worth the points, and that's about all you're getting. Or, you're wasting the res orb, and using the gaze of flame badly...

This is my experience, anyway.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I don't count the 2 lords as being that great.

1. No-one in either list except the lords ignores WBB so the res orbs are usless, having two lords built around the orbs is a waste of almost 400 points.

If either side had a monolith I would have given that side basically an automatic victory. Unfortunately neither people have a monolith.

All shooting in this game will be shot at 24"+ with everyone getting their saves. No-one is going to waste shooting by walking closer.

Cover makes no difference in this game, no-one ignores saves except staff of light which will never be in range.

I believe the Alpha list has more long range shooting ability so I gave them the vote.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Heh, was not expecting this...I'll need to do some math before I decide.

Alpha Necrons for teh win!!111!

Actually, I'm basing this off of the fact that Alpha is getting 43 shots at 24"+ first turn (baring casualties), while Beta is only getting 28(barring casulaties). Between the two fast CC units, my money is on the Scarabs. More wounds and more attacks (and a greater ability to force Ld checks...though both sides being Ld10 that's probably moot). Plus, if the Scarabs do make it to CC, they stand a good chance due to their numbers to engage mulitple units (thus negating the Beta Veil). Also, once the Veil move is done, Beta has no good way of dealing with CC other than duking it out.

On the reverse, if Beta's Wraith/Lord combo make it to CC, they are most likely going to catch just one unit, which can then be Veiled out of combat. Even if they can't, Alpha has the Flayed Ones to back up CC.

And as others have said, Res Orbs are wasted in this game since they will only be usefull against the Staff/WS attacks of the Lords
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; July 20th, 2006 at 15:26.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After checking out both lists, i too must send my vote on behalf of the alpha Necro's... there strategy is more refined, as well they seem to have covered the defensive edge. THe appear to be able to out shoot, and when it comes down to it they apear to have more firepower to boot!

I doubt a monolith woudl have tipped the csale in either direction, it is a big points drop and everything in this army has a chance of glancing it, so seems more like a giant ponderous liability than anything else.

Either way this would be an interesting fight to check out, pitty it isn't actually going to be going down :w00t:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast