Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well, now that the finals of Votewar V are underway I thought that everyone who wasn't lucky enough to make it to the finals could start planning their next Votewar conquest. Below are the full rules for Mini Votewar: Teams. I mainly bastardized Caluin's Votewar V rules and adapted them for 2v2 usage.
VoteWar Alliance Rules
1. All lists must be 1,000 points, and no more than that.
2. As the title suggests, you will not be competing alone. You must find a second person who is willing to fight alongside you with a list of his/her own. This allied list is also limited to 1,000 points, and no more than that. The Teams' lists must be able to fit on one FOC. So you cannot field, say, 2x5 Scouts with just boltguns and then field nine Land Speeder Tornadoes each. Each list must still field at least two Troops choices and one HQ choice. The remaning FO slots may be divided amongst the two lists as the players see fit. Choices that are listed as 0-1 may still only pick one of that unit (e.g., only one list in a team may contain a Chaos Lord/Daemon Prince). If a Space Wolves player allies with any non-Space Wolf army, then he must obey the "Retinues" rule in the Space Wolves codex, meaning he'll have to take two HQs. If both lists in an Allied team are Space Wolves, then the "Retinues" rule is waived. Armies that have a unit that is 1+ must include at least one of that unit as normal. Rules that effect FO chart rules effect only that army list.
3. Some restrictions on alliances. Armies of Order are only allowed to ally with other Armies of Order, same with Armies of Disorder. The Forces of Order include all Imperial armies, Eldar, and Tau Empire. The Forces of Disorder include Chaos Space Marines, Lost and the Damned, Orks, Dark Eldar, Necrons, and Tyranids.
4. All standard Codex armies are allowed to participate. The Tau will obviously use their shiney new Tau Empires book, while the Black Templars use their new sacred tome. All campaign armies are allowed to participate unless their parent codex has undergone an update. For example, the Kult of Speed is allowed to participate, but the Salamanders are not. All armies, units, and wargear from Chapter Approved are banned, as are the Harlequins.
5. Units must be formatted so their entries are easily readable. The exact format is shown at the end of this post.
6. This tournament will follow a double loss-elimination style. This means that if your allied lists lose twice during the course of this VoteWar, they will both be knocked out of the running and be removed from the competition.
7. The winners will be decided votes for which alliance is more likely to accomplish the mission objectives. You are all free to vote on the mission however you see fit, but rember the mission means everything! You cannot simply post a simple "who will kill who" scenario. The alliance with the most mission votes will score a win while the other alliance scores a loss. I will post a win/loss ratio with each allied force for ease of record keeping and to avoid confusion.
8. All votes must be in bold - no exceptions. The mission votes will require a valid reasoning reasoning behind the vote. A few proper sentences will do just fine in this case. "I agree" will simply not do - even if you just repeat someone, the act of re-writing that reasoning into your own words often conveys upon the alliance lists's creators.
9. In case of ties, I will be enacting a special vote called a "power vote." Simply said, this is an ordinary voter chosen by me for his/her impartiality and experience in playing Warhammer 40,000. His/her vote will count as two in the case of ties only. In all other cases, he/she will only have the power of a single vote. Rest assured, I have already chosen someone suitably impartial and can be counted on to not play favorites.
10. Since this a double-elimination tourney, there is a very good chance we'll have an odd number of lists. In the likely event that this happens, I shall have an Allied Seed List on stand-by for that occasion. This allied list will be created by me, but it cannot participate in the finals. What will this list be? You'll learn if you have the chance to face it. This means it will not win the VoteWar. It will be as balanced as humanly possible and not be tooled to beat a specific race. You should still remain wary for while it cannot get into the finals, it can still put a loss on you and potentially knock you out.
11. This VoteWar will use the Standard Force Organization Chart. All the standard missions will be played using the Gamma rules set, but the three special missions that also use the Standard FOC will be included as well. Yes, you might have an opportunity to do a Rescue, Night Fight, or Patrol. In case you see action in a Patrol, each of the four lists facing off (two in each alliance) will deploy one Troops choice each. I ask that each alliance submit which Troops choice they'd like to start on the board.
12. The voting for each mission will last three days, though due to real life and/or online modifiers this could be subject to change. All rounds will end around 7PM Eastern Standard Time, whether I have had the thread locked up or not. I shall be as prompt as I can when posting new rounds, but sometimes real life can be an attention *****. I ask for your patience.
This Mini VoteWar will be incorporating Relief Forces. The relief forces are designed to allow two lists to face each other again without the fight being exactly the same as before, allowing for a bit of diveristy between matches. The rules for Relief Forces are as the following -
1) Relief Forces are to be 200 points, and no more than that.
2) Relief Forces may consist of up to two units.
3) Relief units may not break any Force Organization Chart rules. This means you may only use slots not already being used by the main list. If the entire FOC has been filled (or no more eligable slots are avaliable, AKA Imperial Guard...) then the Relief Force units must be taken from the Troops options.
4) Relief Force units always arrive via Reserves, though any method of Reserves is eligable. For instance, Daemons are still summoned, Marines may Drop Pod if they wish.
5) The Relief Force is only used in the off chance that two lists face each other again, which is often rare. Most people's Relief units will never be seen, if any.
6) The mission type will always be of a different type than the one the two lists fought previously.
I am accepting submissions now. . Please remember the appropriate format when you submit a list. I don't mind doing a bit of formatting, but it makes my life much easier if you do most of the work yourself. Remember to leave off points costs for models and upgrades, as appropriate of LO rules.
Spaces are limited. I am aiming to have around 12 coalitions, meaning 24 lists. I will not be taking anymore than that. I will not be saving slots, so you must find a partner and submit your lists if you want a shot at the action. As of the time of this writing I have zero confirmed alliances.
After you have submitted a list, you are free to change it out or alter things if you like. However, this offer only extends until August 15th. After that date, any lists submitted are considered final. If all spots fill up before August 15th then anyone changing their list risks forfeiting their spot.
After you have submitted a list, I will send you a PM in the next day or two confirming that I recieved it, or informing you of the lack of spots. After August 15th I will start the error correcting process and checking over each list making sure no rules have been broken. After I finish each person's list I will send another confirmation PM informing you that I have verified your list and you are promised a spot. If there are errors in the list, then I will work with you to fix them.
I have taken the liberty of drawing up a few example units to use as guidlines of how entries should be formatted.
First, a simple vehicle:
Leman Russ Battle Tank:
Turret-mounted Battle Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter, Sponson Heavy Bolters; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers
Now, A lone character
Wych Archite (Attached to the first Wych squad)
Splinter Pistol; Agonizer; Shadow Field; Combat Drugs; Plasma Grenades
And finally a maxed out infantry squad
1 w/Power Fist & Bolt Pistol
8 w/Bolt Pistols & CCW
10x Neophytes w/Bolt Pistols & CCW
My tentative starting date is August 22nd, though I may have to push it back if VoteWar V. Now... if you have any questions then fire away. I'll clear my inbox of unneeded PMs so it can be flooded.
Good luck to all!
Last edited by Archetype-; August 5th, 2006 at 04:28.
Sounds cool, but isn't this essentially a normal Votewar but 2000 points, if we're both using one FoC?
Anyone what to partner with me as i am all alone
Any player would be nice as i have most of the codexs
EDIT: Sorry to all the people who wanted to team up with me but your too late:yes:
Last edited by KOS-MOS; August 1st, 2006 at 22:26.
I'm in for this one, I believe LordLink is my partner unless he has decided not to participate at this point...
Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
Member of the Fluff Masters Clan
I'm probably gonna be going with Wings.
Whats your take on the Siam-Hann Eldar list Caluin as i dont want to take a close combat army and come up against a army of jetbikes
More often that not, most armies are a complicated version of "Rock-Paper-Scissors." If you go pure CC, you'll probably do well against static shooty armies, but will be mauled by mechanized lists like the Siam-Hann. The Siam-Hann would undoubtedly be destroyed by an IG list making liberal use of Autocannons and Indirect Fire Bassies.Originally Posted by KOS-MOS
My suggestion is to try to balance it as best as you can. It's okay to go CC heavy, just be sure to have something to fall back upon should you end up against a list that can easily exploit your weaknesses.
i have a force of disorder and am willing to collaborate with another, someone pm me if you are interested in being my partner.
on the relief force, is that two hundred points per ally or alliance?
200 points per ally. This means a total of 400 points of relief forces between the two of you.Originally Posted by iamspartacus
A quick tip for those seeking partners: Just try random PMs to other people who have participated in past Votewars. You may end up getting lucky that way. You don't have to do this, but... it might help.