Mini VW Teams: Round 2, Battle 8: DH & SM VS. Necrons & Emperor's Children - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Mini VW Teams: Round 2, Battle 8: DH & SM VS. Necrons & Emperor's Children

Please see this thread to find out how to participate in Votewar: Teams. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. Unless it's Night Fight, Rescue, or Patrol, all missions have the Gamma rules set.

Mission Type - Secure and Control (Battle starts at dusk)

Daemonhunters

HQ

Grey Knight Grand Master
    Psycannon; Nemesis Force Weapon
    Cost: 175 points

Troops

10x Grey Knight Power Armor Squad
    Justicar
    9x Grey Knight
    Cost: 275 points

Justicar
    9x Grey Knight

Fast Attack

Justicar
    9x Grey Knight

Total: 1,000 points

Space Marines

Traits
    See but dont be seen
    Death Before Dishonour

HQ

Master
    CCW, Bolt Pistol
    Cost: 77 points

Troops

5 x Tactical Marines
    Lascannon, 4 x Bolters
    Infiltrate
    Cost 105 points

5 x Tactical Marines
    Lascannon, 4 x Bolters
    Infiltrate
    Cost: 105 points

5 x Scouts
    Missle Launcher, 4 x Sniper Rifles
    Cost: 95 points

Heavy Support

7 x Devastor Marines
    4x Missile Launchers
    Infiltrate
    Cost: 206 points

7 x Devastor Marines
    4x Missile Launchers
    Infiltrate

7 x Devastor Marines
    4x Missile Launchers
    Infiltrate

Total Cost: 1,000 points

VERSUS

Emperor's Children

HQ

Chaos Lord 166
    -MoS, Bike, LC, D.Strength, Frag Grenades, Personal Icon, Doom Siren, Spikey Bits

Troops:

12 CSM 309pts
    -MoS, Infiltrate, AC w/Power weapon, D. Strength, Doom Siren, 2 meltaguns, 9 Bp/CCW.

6 Daemonettes 90pts

6 Daemonettes 90pts

Fast Attack

6 CSM Bikes 269
    MoS, AC w/power weapon, D.Strength, 2 meltaguns

Heavy Support

Predator 148pts
    -Blastmaster, Lascannon Sponsons, D.Possesion, Smoke Launchers

Total: 1000 points

Necrons

HQ
    Necron Lord 140
    -Res. Orb

Troops
    x10 Necron Warriors 180
    x10 Necron Warriors 180
    x10 Necron Warriors 180

Fast Attack
    x7 Scarab swarms 84

Heavy Support
    Monolith 235

Total 999

Plan: "the hammer and the anvil" necrons form a solid core advancing with res orb and mono support for wbb, with lord in middle squad of warriors for all around res. range, backed up by monolith and with scarabs used for tie up. Supported by the faster chaos force with infiltrating and demons to catch enemy on all fronts, both forces are adept at taking care of armor as well, the mono may deep strike as well depending on the situation.

signature pending

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

-Well, the speed of the chaos units is definmately gonna help them in contesting a few markers, though at the same time the heavy firepower of the daemonhunters is gonna hurt. The necrons will need some time to get closer to form a very powerful firing line, but thats sure to keep some heads down, some for good...
    -That monolith is a big threat, though with all the missle launchers it could be brought down with a few lucky shots, though that could potentially be hard and give the rest of the necrons and chaos units a little less pressure.
    -Aside from firing at the monolith, those infiltrating devs are going to be very deadly, unless marines don't get first turn in which the devs infiltrating might be bad..

I'm gonna vote for the Daemonhunters and Marines.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

well, if any army in this votewar has a chance of bringing the monolith down, it would be those marines.

12 rockets and 2 lascannons, desent. Althought it will probably be ignored.

The greayknights are a good counter to the demons - and other CC attempts.

The choas army is infact going to be quite out assaulted by the the greyknights. The greyknight leader will be a real terror to any enemy HQs.

This is secure and control, the marines have more infiltrators then the choas marines, so they have the best chance of starting with some objectives.

Backed up by the grey knights who can also hold objectives if need be, but more likely will go keep the chaos marines out of the lines of the space marines - and possibly capture an objective late game.

Greyknights/SMs
    Last edited by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar; September 2nd, 2006 at 14:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep in mind the longer ranged weapons will be somewhat affected by nightfighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus
    keep in mind the longer ranged weapons will be somewhat affected by nightfighting.
    Also keep in mind that Night Fighting rules are only in place from Turn Six and onwards in this. It likely won't make any difference at all.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, i took it to mean it starts at dusk meaning first turn and then night fighting afterward,
    my bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Victory

Imperial plan would go as such: Infiltrate onto or near as many objectives as possible while still maintaining cover and overlapping fields of fire. Concentrate fire on the summoning units to prevent the demons from coming out and then deep strike the Grey Knight Terminators wherever they are needed. Firepower and mobility.

The Necrons will advance in their phalanx formation to each objective under the covering fire of the monolith. The chaos marines will feel the brunt of the firepower as the SMs attempt to wipe out the small squads. Volleys of krak missiles do wonders to 6 man squads....

So the first two turns will revolve around gunning down the CSMs and then advancing on whatever objectives are not currently under control. Then while the Grey Knights fend off the Warriors the Monolith gets pounded with heavy weapons fire.

GREY KNIGHTS/SPACE MARINES for the win

p.s. A Powerfist is still Str 8 against a monolith in close combat and Str 9 with furious charge. Living Metal only removes extra dice from being rolled, not the doubled strength of a power/chain fist. Previous round closed before I could state that. I feel so much better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
    The greyknight leader will be a real terror to any enemy HQs.
    The Slaaneshi Lord is almost a match for the GK Master - he can nearly kill the Master before he ever strikes back. The addition of Mutation or Combat Drugs would have really sealed the deal, but as it stands, he'll probably only cause two wounds then be Force Weapon'd.

Honestly, I would try my best to ignore the Necrons for the first two turns. Phasing them out would take three rounds at least, since they have a high amount of Warriors for their points level. During that time, the EC can easily get into close combat and start tearing things apart. If it were me, I'd pour all my firepower into obliterating the bikers. Start with the lower weapons, such as Storm Bolters and try to wipe them out before needing to use the Heavy Weapons. It's quite likely that the Lord joins the Bikers, since his mobility is negated by the need to stay an IC amongst foot slogging troops.

Next, dismantle the 12 man unit. With only a small amount of luck, it's quite possible that all three icons are removed before the daemons arrive. If the bikers weren't valid targets at first, then start with the Troops. It's quite unlikely that you can infiltrate 12 men out of LoS, especially when the entire SM force Infiltrates as well.

Then I would worry about the Necrons. Power Armour tends to be a PITA for gauss weaponry.

Space Marines/GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is must debate against powerfists, with the 'doubling strength' quote from the necron FAQ.
    even so, you would still need a six just to hit the thing, and a decent roll to damage it.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

The Slaaneshi Lord is almost a match for the GK Master - he can nearly kill the Master before he ever strikes back. The addition of Mutation or Combat Drugs would have really sealed the deal, but as it stands, he'll probably only cause two wounds then be Force Weapon'd.
    Meh - just kill the bikes using a cheap technicality, that your save in invunerable, therefore the phycannon > bikes.

(have the friggen fixed this yet?)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast