Mini VW Teams: Round 3, Battle 14: Tau & Blood Angels vs. Orks & 'Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

Mini VW Teams: Round 3, Battle 14: Tau & Blood Angels vs. Orks & 'Nids

Please see this thread to find out how to participate in Votewar: Teams. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. Unless it's Night Fight, Rescue, or Patrol, all missions have the Gamma rules set.

Mission Type - Seek & Destroy (Neither dusk nor dawn will occur)

<<<REMATCH ALERT!! Since these two lists faced each other previously, they'll be facing each other in an entirely new scenario and will be using their Relief Forces! The Relief Forces may be found at the end of each list.>>>

Tau 1000pt

HQ

Shas'El with Plasma, Fusion, Multi tracker (hard wired) and targetting Array 97pts X 2 = 194pts

Elite

XV8 twin linked missile pod, targetting array, HW blacksun filter 56pts

Troops

1 X FW squad 12 strong with 1 Shas'Ui upgrade 130pts
    1 X FW squad 11 strong with 1 Shas'Ui upgrade 120pts

Heavy

2 X Hammerhead with railgun, burst cannons, multi tracker and decoy launchers 165 X 2 = 330pts

1 X Hammerhead with railgun, burst cannons, multi tracker, decoy launchers and blacksun filter 170pts

Relief Forces

stealth suits - Squad size: 6, one suit stealth upgraded to Shas'Vre (10pts)
    Weaponry: 4 with burst cannons and 2 with Fusions

Blood angels

HQ
    Chaplain with Death company 216 points
    Chaplain with a crosius arcanum,bolt pistol, jump pack and a Rosarius
    Death company have jump packs, a bolt pistol and close combat weapon

Troops

Scout Squad 70 points
    5 Scouts
    1 Scout with a heavy bolter
    4 Scouts with bolters

Scout Squad 70 points
    5 Scouts
    1 Scout with a heavy bolter
    4 Scouts with bolters

Fast attack

Assault squad 8 marines 211 points
    8 Assault marines with jump packs
    1 Sergeant with terminator honours and a powerfist
    1 marines with a plasma pistol and close combat weapon
    6 marines with a bolt pistol and close combat weapon

Assault squad 216 points
    2 marines with a plasma pistol and close combat weapon
    5 marines with a bolt pistol and close combat weapon

Assault squad 216 points
    2 marines with a plasma pistol and close combat weapon
    5 marines with a bolt pistol and close combat weapon

Total 999 points

Relief Forces

Tactical squad 6 marines - 5 marines with bolters and 1 marine with a missile launcher 100 points

VERSUS

Hive Fleet Nosferatu

HQ
    6 warriors-162
    -extended carapace
    -rending claws
    -scything talons

Troops
    32 spinegaunts-192 (starts on table in Patrol)
    -adrenal glands (WS)

32 spinegaunts-192
    -adrenal glands (WS)

31 spinegaunts-186
    -adrenal glands (WS)

Heavy Support
    2 zoanthropes-130
    -warp blast
    -synapse

Fast Attack
    3 Raveners-138
    -scything talons
    -rending claws
    -death spitter

HQ: 162
    Elites: 0
    Troops: 570
    Fast Attack: 138
    Heavy Support: 130

1000 points

Model Count=106

Relief Force

Carnifex
    -twin-linked devourer
    -scything talons
    -reinforced chitin
    -symbiote rippers

1 lictor-80

Kraga'z Bad Moon baadeez

HQ:
    Boss Kraga Big-booma
    -free kustom mega blasta
    -power klaw
    -cybork body
    -three ammo runts
    -'eavy armour
    -bionik arm
    -boss pole

Troops:
    Flash Gitz (15) (starts on table in Patrol)
    -shootier (15)
    -big shoota (4)
    -nob
    -power klaw
    -big shoota

Flash Gitz (15)
    -shootier (15)
    -big shoota (4)
    -nob
    -power klaw
    -big shoota

Flash Gitz (17) (Warboss in this squad)
    -more dakka (17)
    -rokkit launcha (4)
    -nob
    -power klaw
    -rokkit launcha

Heavy Support:
    Big gunz
    -kannons
    -extra krew (6)

HQ: 115
    Elites: 0
    Troops: 775
    Fast Attack: 0
    Heavy Support: 108

Total 998
    Model Count: 60

Relief Forces:
    Buggies/trakks (2)
    -twin linked rokkit launcha (2)
    -armour plates (2)
    -grot riggers (2)
    -red paint job (2)

Buggies/trakks (2)
    -twin linked rokkit launcha (2)
    -armour plates (2)
    -grot riggers (2)
    -red paint job (2)

Well its an interesting team if anything is said, nids tak,e the initial casualties and the orks are trying to gun things down. As long as things go boom my orks don't care if they win (though for the sake of doing good I do hope that this pair isn't eliminated to quickly.

Last edited by Archetype-; September 6th, 2006 at 19:32.
    signature pending

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

OK, I've decided to take a serious look at the Ork's firepower to make sure that my, and perhaps others votes will not be biased due to predjustices born from unfamiliarity with Bad Moons armies. I, myself have never faced one, but I don't suck at statistics so this is how I will give them a fair chance.

As they're against a MeQ army and a non MeQ army I will do 2 calculations: MeQ kills/Firewarrior Kills If I only list one, then there is no difference. Also I'm not showing my work to save time, but if anybody questions/wants to see it then I will gladly show it.

Warboss: .93

Flash Gitz (Shootier) 1.7 / 3.2 (per squad)

Flash Gitz (more Dakka) 2.7 / 4.1

kannons (shell) .83
    kannons (frag)* .3/.56 *really rough guess but the accurate shell stat seems more effective.

Buggies .93 each squad

Total:
    9.72 MeQ/ turn capacity
    14.1 Firewarriors /turn

That's pretty respectable for 1200 pts.. . hmm now for the winner. . . I'm not sure.

As I have mentioned before I worry about the synergy between the Tyranids and the Orks, I also worry about their ability to shoot down the hammerheads, but this time it's better because of the buggies, that's a lot more rokkits to throw at them.

Also the mission presents it's own set of chalenges for the voting. If I'm not mistaken only Troops get to deploy to start, everything else is a reserve. I haven't decided yet who that actually favors.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

omfg exactly the same lists, exactly the same mission. Well this time these orks and nids deserve someone to fight for them so its time I helped em a bit. They just got mauled by Archetype (couldn't you at least change the mission!).

The dreadnoughts aren't to much of a problem as they are scared ******** of kannons. They will die before doing to much damage and fleeting nids can avoid them.

Without night fight to protect them the shooty orks will pulverise fire warriors.

Warbuggies have a good chance of downing railguns. They won't be pulverised in return because railguns will be shooting synapse.

The lictor will also be the bane of many things here (except the assault marines) until he takes a railgun to the head. However if hes in synapse range he'll be fine.

i can see the raveners being devastating in this fight. 18 shots will blunten any squad that presents a threat. Back them up with the carnifex and the assault marines will just wet their pants.

The warriors will be able to spread out a great deal so submnition won't hurt them that badly. With 2 wounds they should be able to survive until the warp blasts bring down railguns.

Throapes deploy trying to hide from the hammerheads then come out and try out some warp blasts.

Basically I think this will be decided in a shooting fight, can the orks and raveners and throapes take out the railguns and fire warriors and scouts before all the synapse dies. I say yes they can as the synapse don't really need to move. The gaunts just sit around looking pretty until the railguns die.

The assault marines arent to dangerous as they will get caught up in gaunts then mauled by an angry carnifex.

I vote orks and nid's
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I'm gonna vote orks and nid's; both armies can take down the three units that infiltrate and thats already three scoring units down.

The three hammerheads would be a big problem for either the orks or the nids, what with the submunition rounds tearing into anything not in cover.

The reliefe forces help to paint a slightly different story then the first time these two fought, again the tau relief forces generally don't help if they come anywhere near the ork or nids because the number of shots could take them down. The dreadnoughts are a bit more of a threat for their mid level armour, but all the rokkits and the carnifex in close combat would take them down sooner or later. The lictor could take down a squad of firewarriors, or an assault squad (well up to half the members of either squad at best) and then would probably go bye bye or make it into hiding for a turn or two. The buggies are unpredictable (especially when it comes to how we decide to take the effectiveness of the upgrades on it) since they have a fair chance of doing damage with twin linked weapons and they can survive/repair their damage unless destroyed.

The mission is to have the most scoring units left by the end of the game, meaning that without night fight the blood angel strategy can be turned against them slightly unless they deep strike in; but that would pretty much make it a two vs one game for a few turns. Assuming theres a fair amount of cover on the field, if the blood angels were to charge they would potentially suffer first and then get to strike back.

Its roughly fourteen scoring units to fourteen scoring units, given that the nids and orks can take down the scouts and stealths as well as the dreadnoughts then its roughly fourteen to nine scoring units and the nids can hold up shooting by throwing themselves at the blood angels for a turn or two. (Which would still leave it at eleven to nine barring any damage done to the assault squads.)

[Out of the blue, what on earth does CQC mean, I've seen it posted here and there but I have no idea what it is.]

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Darkreever, CQC, close quarters combat. Same as CC.

I'll abstain from voting until I get a better look at the lists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Should be alot closer match with the relief forces. I'll hold off on my vote for a bit though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

All apologies to the Vote Warriors. I had neglected to update something that the BA listmaker sent to me, this having to do with his/her relief force. The list has been editted to reflect this.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

You know Arche, I think that changes things up just a little, instead of having fourteen scoring units to begin with the marines and tau start with thirteen instead.. (Thats about it for me anyway...)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x2)

Ergh, don't worry about me. The list's authors failed to inform me of their true intended changes, so I think I may have to restart this fight pending one author's PM to me. Again, all apologies to the Vote Warriors.
    signature pending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Hmm now it's seek & destroy too. . . that throws out my comments about the mission. I'm glad I havn't voted yet. . . I have a pretty good idea what way I plan to vote, but I'm going to make sure things have settled a bit first. . . (ie my arguments won't be invalidaged by other changes to the battle.)
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast