Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Since Teams is about over with (Archetype should be posting new battles today...), I'm taking submissions for the next VoteWar mini: Combat Patrol.
Pretty cut and dried this time around, I think.
1) Matches will be played with the Combat Patrol rules found on page 182 and 183 of the Warhammer 40K Rules Book. If you don't have access to the Rules, you will not be able to participate (My apologies to BFM owners, but forum rules.)
2) The battles will be single elimination, with sixteen participants maximum. That basically means your list will need to win four matches to win. Single elimination will be used as due to our recent forum issues, I'd like to run it quickly and move on to the main event VoteWar.
3) Voting will be done as usual. Voters will cast their vote based upon who they believe has the better list for completeing the mission. Fluff votes may also be cast, but are not required. All votes must be in bold and easy to spot. (So please, no more bolding only two letters for a vote.) The title of a post may be used to place a vote, but is not mandatory.
4) Each round will last for three days, and all rounds end at 10pm PDT. For ease of reference, that is -7 GMT hours. In the unlikely event that VoteWar Mini: Combat Patrol lasts until October 29th, all rounds from that point on will end at 10 PST (Which is -8 GMT hours).
5) Armies allowed for entry include any current Codex Army and any legal supplemental army book, such as the Eye of Terror, so long as their parent army has not been updated. For instance, the 13th Company and Lost and the Damned a legal for play, but the Steel Legion is not, as Imperial Guards have been updated since the printing of Eye of Terror.
Codex: Armageddon is not legal. Chapter Approved and Forge World units and armies are not legal. (This is just a decision made to make the game go more smoothly, rather than keep balance.)
6) Some allowances of the rules concerning army make up may be made, but they're decided on a case by case basis and are subject to Executive Decision. If you want to design a particular army and are not sure about it's legality, send me a PM and we'll see what we can work out.
All entries should be submitted via PM to me. At the time of this writing, I do not have an estimated start date, nor a cut off date for entries. A general time frame will have the mini starting one week after the ending of VoteWar: Teams, and cut-off for entries will be two days before then. Also, cut-offs may happen earlier if all 16 slots are filled before the scheduled cut off date. Any open slots will be filled with Seed Lists, unless there are a large number, in which case I'll work something else out.
All entries should be formatted appropriately, as detailed below. I will reject armies that are not formatted and request that you resubmit them to me in a proper format.
Units should be formatted as such:
8x Chaos Marine Berzerkers:
7x Bolt Pistols & CCWs; 1x Chaos Icon
Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist & Bolt Pistol
Please list basic weaponry as well, as I don't always know what units come with what weaponry standard.
Tanks should look similar to this:
Leman Russ Battle Tank:
Turret-mounted Battle Cannon; Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Improved Comms, Track Guards, Extra Armor
I believe that's it. Good luck to everyone. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, either ask here and feel free to PM me.
*Disclaimer: Organizer reserves the right to ammend, change, or remove any section of this post without prior warning.
And there is one anonymous entry who does not wish his/her name revealed.
you got my list caluin????
Adrian is in! Sending a list now...
ummm.. can't you download the combat patrol rules here off GW's site?
5th? Cool. WotLK? Also cool.
Well, I submitted my list. Hopefully it was in time, and legal.
I hope you got mine and it was ok, it was quite a worry without any army books or a calculator.
If it was a cock-up and you've PMed me I didn't get it i'm afraid.
I was wondering if you still has a spot Caluin? Just checking. :sleep:
It's been a minute.