Mini VW Combat Patrol - Round 1, Battle 1 - Imperial Guard versus Biel tan Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Mini VW Combat Patrol - Round 1, Battle 1 - Imperial Guard versus Biel tan Eldar

Please see the Combat Patrol Mini Info Thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration and Victory Points special rules. All missions are played with the Combat Patrol rules set.

513th Cadjier mechanised

Armoured fist squad
    10x Imperial Guardsmen
    9x Lasguns; 1x Heavy Bolter
    Chimera:
    Turret multi-laser, hull mounted heavy bolter

Armoured fist squad
    10x Imperial Guardsmen
    9x Lasguns; 1x Heavy Bolter
    Chimera:
    Turret multi-laser, hull mounted heavy bolter

Fire support squad
    3x Lasguns; 1x Heavy Bolter; 2x Autocannon

-------------------------

Biel tan Eldar

10x warp spiders
    10x death spinners

6x swooping hawks
    5x lasblaster, swooping hawk grenade pack, plasma grenades
    1x Exarch w/ shuriken pistol, web of skulls, sustained assault

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

The Imperial Guard can get into position quickly using the Chimeras. Imperial Guard autocannons and heavy bolters will eat through the eldar, not to mention the multi-meltas.

The Eldar will also have trouble taking down the chimeras.

edit: vote changed. See post # 6. Imperial Guard victory.
    Last edited by brushman; October 20th, 2006 at 03:08.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I'm gonna have to say Eldar take this one

The fire support squad is immobile so the fast eldar can easily avoid shots from it while advancing.

The two chimera's can only move 6" and still fire while the warp spider can move 12" unload enough deathspinner shots to knock out one chimera then move themselves to relative safety in the assault phase.

The spiders always get their saves as their is no low ap weaponry in the guard army

The hawks are fast enough to avoid shots, 12" move plus fleet.

Can hawks always deep strike? If so there could be grenade packs landing in the middle of the fire support sqaud.

I see the eldar using their superior speed to get themselves into striking position then jumping out, the spiders taking out one chimera (and half the squad in it), and the hawks shooting then charging the fire suppport squad. The IG's will be left with one chimera squad.

If the IG's stay out of their transports there will be more targets for hawk grenades, and the foot sloggers will die to spinner fire from JSJing spiders and shooting then assaulting hawks

Fluff is tricky I like both these lists, my compliments to both their creators
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

The two chimera's can only move 6" and still fire while the warp spider can move 12" unload enough deathspinner shots to knock out one chimera then move themselves to relative safety in the assault phase.
    I don't find the chances of 10 deaht spinner shots destroying a chimera very likely. You do realise, that they'll need a roll of a 6 just for a glancing shot?

The hawks are fast enough to avoid shots, 12" move plus fleet.
    Even with that movement, it's hard to avoid 36-48" ranged weaponry on a 4v4 board. And besides, what are they gonna be doing that distance away from the imperial guard? Their longest range weapon is 24". If they did this, the imperial guard can just focus on the warp spiders, anyway.

Can hawks always deep strike? If so there could be grenade packs landing in the middle of the fire support sqaud.
    Yes. I didn't realise that tell I looked it up in the codex - that's a good point. The imperial guard will still be safe in their chimera's, though. Still, that fire support squad is quite vulnerable.

You do have some good points, though. Still thinking about it.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hause- View Post
    I don't find the chances of 10 deaht spinner shots destroying a chimera very likely. You do realise, that they'll need a roll of a 6 just for a glancing shot?
    And you do realise that the Warp Spiders are fast enough to get to that side armour with minimal effort? Try the chances of rapid firing S6 on AV10.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hause
    Even with that movement, it's hard to avoid 36-48" ranged weaponry on a 4v4 board. And besides, what are they gonna be doing that distance away from the imperial guard? Their longest range weapon is 24". If they did this, the imperial guard can just focus on the warp spiders, anyway.
    This is true, but how hard will it be for such a fast-moving army to use one Chimera to block the LOS to the other? A little complex, I know, but it is possible, and again, those Chimeras will go down quick vs. the sheer amount of firepower the Warp Spiders can throw at their side AV.

With the MEQ saves of the Warp Spiders, even if they are focused on by the IG, they will still be hard to bring down. Going from my own experiences against the Spiders, they are dangerous and it is quite easy to underestimate them.

Without the ability to ignore those armour saves, the Imperial Guard are going to be pumping way more fire power into those Spiders than should be necessary, and/or ignoring them for the Swooping Hawks. I don't think the Warp Spiders, if they can get within range (not hard to do, as fast as they are), will have much of a problem blowing up those Chimeras.

Also, keep in mind the Tau-like ability of the Spiders to Jump, Shoot, Jump. It's a little more random, but they do have the chance of using it, and it's better than nothing. My Eldar friend has used that tactic against me more than once, and it is infuriating.

I vote Eldar for the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

Lets do an estimation on how many would actually die.

2 Multi-Lasers - 6 shots - 3 hits - 3 wounds - 1 dead

4 Heavy Bolters - 12 shots - 6 hit - 5 wound - 2 dead

2 Autocannons - 4 shots - 2 hits - 2 wounds - 0 dead

Considering that some will be out of range, or have no LOS that makes it even worse. Didn't know it was so bad.

Thus, I change my vote to Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

10 shots? you boys have it all wrong. 12" range means they are always rapid firing. Try 20 shots against a chimera side AV. I know who I choose.

Warp Spiders are famous amongst the eldar for having a save that heavy bolters and autocannons won't chew through. They can easily get up close to wipe things out. They are also fast enough to use terrain.

Swooping Hawks may deep-strike regardless of misison. That pie plate will hurt the IG. When they land 12 lasgun shots will also seriously hurt the heavy weapons troopers.

I vote eldar.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

I'm just seeing this as fairly one-sided. Warp spiders can easily take out the chimeras, and the guardsmen are even softer targets. Conversely, the IG has nothing to pierce the 3+ saves...

I vote eldar
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Closed Thread