Mini VW Combat Patrol - Round 2, Battle 10 - Alpha Legion versus Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Mini VW Combat Patrol - Round 2, Battle 10 - Alpha Legion versus Eldar

Please see the Combat Patrol Mini Info Thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration and Victory Points special rules. All missions are played with the Combat Patrol rules set.

Alpha Legion

Chaos Lieutenant
    Dark blade, bolt pistol, infiltrate, spiky bits, frag grenades, daemonic speed

5x Chaos Marines
    3x Bolters, 1x plasma gun, 1x autocannon, infiltrate

5x Chaos Marines
    3x Bolters, 1x plasma gun, 1x autocannon, infiltrate

18x Cultists
    18x Laspistol & CCW, furious charge, infiltrate

-------------------

Eldar cheese patrol

6x black guardian defenders
    6x shuriken catapults, 1x starcannon platform

War Walker:
    2x starcannons

War Walker:
    2x starcannons

War Walker:
    2x starcannons

Army Fluff:
    On the remote planet of Swiss III’s the craftworld eldar have built there greatest super weapon yet. They have constructed a factory for creating pure undiluted cheese. The cheese patrol was set up in the early stages of production to defend the planet against the Imperial cheese that has arrived in the form of assault cannons. Now the cheese patrol takes the war to them. The Mighty Starcannon vs the GW Assault Cannon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Alpha Legion. They can infiltrate and destroy the 2 of the war walkers, if not all of them in the first turn. They can stick to cover and blast away using cover to protect them from the starcannons. The only chaos units that need to come out of cover are the cultists and lord. The lord will make it in without harm due to his speed and the cultists will make it due to numbers.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Heh, looks like the Eldar cheese list met its match, and only on the second round..

This is one of those "who gets first turn?" sorts of scenarios, I think, but judging on sheer ability to kill, I think the Alpha Legion will bag this one. Plasma + Autocannon vs. a War Walker will be plenty enough to down 'em, and even the Lt. will be able to smack them around a little bit with his Darkblade. The Guardians don't have enough men in the unit to take a volley of shooting and not run, in my opinion... this will be a close battle, I think, but going by sheer killing power..

Alpha Legion win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Infiltrate, infiltrate, infiltrate.
    This is what will make this victory an ALPHA LEGION VICTORY.

Infiltrate into usefull cover, in range for plasma and autocannons, at least one of the war walkers is going down, if not two.

The guardians may harm the cultists a little but, but as soon as the cultists charge it's all over.
    With furiuos charge, (which i assume they have) the cultists can even knock out a warwalker on the charge.

That's without considering what the Lord does.

At last.. a cheesy race out to some no nonsense tactics.:yes:
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

The two Chaos Space Marine squads with plasma and the autocannon should be able to down a war walker per turn.

The Chaos Lt. can either assault the guardian squad, or assault the War Walker.

The Cultists can soak up wounds, or if they get in range, charge the guardian squad.

The War Walkers will eat thorugh some of the squads if they get first turn. All those starcannon shots will severly damage the chaos space marines. If the Chaos Space Marine player can shield the space marines with the Cultists so the enemy has to take a Leadership test to shoot them. Hopefully this will cut down on some of the Starcannon shots.

I think lots of it comes down to who has first turn, but for now I'm gonna vote Alpha Legion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

The bane of any starcannon army is cover saves. With only 10 models needing it those models are going to have at least a 5+ save (and maybe a 4+). The cultists can sit in the open as they aren't important. The eldar player can waste his shots to stop them assaulting the guardians if he/she wants.

A first turn to chaos guarantees them a win as they wil at least disable all 3 war walkers (probably).

First turn to eldar doesn't guarantee them a win as they have problems with cover and return fire from massed S7 shots.

Lt. gets a 1st turn charge which is always a problem fora shooty army.

I vote Alpha Legion.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

You guys seem so eager to finish off the eldar, just because they are a tad cheesy. If the eldar gets first turn, they will absolutely smoke the alpha legion army, just like the alpha legion will smoke the eldar if they go first. I place my vote on the Eldar cheese patrol, because I recon that they have a slightly higher chance of surviving the the alpha legion going first than the alpha legion has or surviving the eldar going first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sareld View Post
    You guys seem so eager to finish off the eldar, just because they are a tad cheesy.
    Not at all. I think everyone came out with sound tactical reasons why the Alpha legion would win this match.

I merely commented that i got additional pleasure afterwards, for the end of a list which capitalises on the inherent nature of the army they represent.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

21 starcannon shots-10.5 hit-about 8-9 wound I'm to lazy. Add in a 5+ cover to that and the combined firepower will bring down 1 squad. The remaining squad can stop 1 from shooting and the Lt. can stop the other (or tie up the guardian squad).

So chaos should get off at least 6 S7 shots if eldar go 1st. That should be enough when combined with the Lt.

So we are in agreement basically whoever goes 1st wins. However if eldar go 1st I just described the scenario above.

If chaos go 1st 6 S7 shots ring out at seperate targets. 3 at war walker 1, 2 hit, 1.66 break armour. (lets just call it 1 penetrating hit). Now a single penetrating hit stops it from firing. Thats 2 war walkers down. The Lt. assaults 1st turn. 5 S6 attacks-3 to 4 hit-1-2 break armour. Again thats another disabling hit.

So the eldar return firepower will be nowhere near enough to stop chaos shooting again 2nd turn. Even if guardians kill with all their shots exactly the same amount of firepower is coming at them turn 2. Oh and lets not forget bolters vs AV10, there are 6 of them after all so thats an average of a glancing hit.

In summary, If chaos go 1st eldar are gone.
    If eldar go 1st chaos will probably lose but they will have a better chance than eldar in the other scenario.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

In addition to what Lord link said whatever Alpha legion doesn't destroy/tie up with the marines can be assualted and tied up in cc by the cultists untill the Lt. arives to finish it off.

I could care less if the list is cheesy or not, for me it comes down to who has the weapons and skills to have a more likely chance of winning.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Closed Thread