Mini VW Combat Patrol - Round 4, Runners Up Match - Orks versus Alpha Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Mini VW Combat Patrol - Round 4, Runners Up Match - Orks versus Alpha Legion

Please see the Combat Patrol Mini Info Thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration and Victory Points special rules. All missions are played with the Combat Patrol rules set.

The winner of this match will place 3rd in the competition. The loser of this match will place 4th.

Orkses are da best!

5x Burna Boyz: 94
    4x Slugga & Choppa
    Mekboy w/ Choppa; Kustom Force Field; Mekboyz Toolz; 3x Grot Oilers

2x Killa Kans
    Big Shoota; DCCW; Armour Plates

2x Killa Kans

2x Killa Kans

-------------------

Alpha Legion

Chaos Lieutenant
    Dark blade, bolt pistol, infiltrate, spiky bits, frag grenades, daemonic speed

5x Chaos Marines
    3x Bolters, 1x plasma gun, 1x autocannon, infiltrate

5x Chaos Marines
    3x Bolters, 1x plasma gun, 1x autocannon, infiltrate

18x Cultists
    18x Laspistol & CCW, furious charge, infiltrate

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Orks have lots of big shoota shots that could potentially hurt those low number marine squads, but the'll have to walk too them first and weather all the autocannon and plasmagun shots. The Alpha legion has 4 weapons that have a decent chance of hurting the kans. The Lt' can take hold up the kans ut I don't think he'll survive long if he doesn't kill them right away. The Kans count as 5 models I think, so the cultists can inflict a glancing hit in cc as long as they stay above 10 models. I'll hold off ubtill more arguments are made.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht View Post
    Orks have lots of big shoota shots that could potentially hurt those low number marine squads, but the'll have to walk too them first and weather all the autocannon and plasmagun shots.
    You said exactly what will be killing the Marine squads - low numbers, vs. a hail of bullets. Never a good mix, to be honest. I don't think the two squads can survive too well vs. all of that shooting - sure, they'll down a few Kans, but eventually they will die, leaving the rest of the Kans to mop up the remainder of the CSM army.

The Alpha legion has 4 weapons that have a decent chance of hurting the kans.
    These four weapons are, as said, placed in squads that are way too small. Five Marines per squad can't stand up to the hail of fire that can potentially come from the Kans, and the Mekboy can always fix a Kan or two if they are able to be fixed. That's something people haven't been taking into account.

The Lt' can take hold up the kans ut I don't think he'll survive long if he doesn't kill them right away.
    Can he hold them up? Do Walkers get caught in CC like infantry, or are they like vehicles and can move out whenever they want?

The Kans count as 5 models I think, so the cultists can inflict a glancing hit in cc as long as they stay above 10 models. I'll hold off ubtill more arguments are made.
    Why do the Kans need to get into CC with the Cultists, though? Big Shootas will do more damage than CC, I think, and the Orks themselves could fight some Cultists off. Not to mention, a single glancing hit isn't exactly the end of the world, unless the Ork player happens to roll horribly.

I'll have to say Orks win here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

You said exactly what will be killing the Marine squads - low numbers, vs. a hail of bullets. Never a good mix, to be honest. I don't think the two squads can survive too well vs. all of that shooting - sure, they'll down a few Kans, but eventually they will die, leaving the rest of the Kans to mop up the remainder of the CSM army.
    Thats what I was thinking.
    Can he hold them up? Do Walkers get caught in CC like infantry, or are they like vehicles and can move out whenever they want?
    If they have a weaponskill like dreadnoughts then they count as infantry in cc.

Orks for the win.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Sure do. But not sure how long he'll hold them up when he's instant killed by a single whack from a Kan.

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht
    The Kans count as 5 models I think, so the cultists can inflict a glancing hit in cc as long as they stay above 10 models.
    That only happens if the Cultists win the combat. Since they can't hurt the Kans, even with Furious Charge, then that will never happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Y

Thought id show up here :shifty:

Yes Walkers can get locked in CC against a foe, which also means that they may not be shot while in CC.

Hope That Helps. ( If needed i can easily get a BGB page reference.)
    Last edited by SilverMane; October 28th, 2006 at 23:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    Yes Walkers can get locked in CC against a foe.
    Thanks, that got answered twice before your post.

Thanks for the Walker clearup there - I don't have much experience with them as of yet, so I wasn't sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

Damn getting distracted while posting!

Curse you baked cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Would like to also point out, as Caluin has done the past few battles for the Orks, to any of those would-be Alpha Legion voters:

The Killa Kans will mostly be counted as if they are in cover, and count as Obscured Targets, due to the Kustom Force Field and all that jazz. Keep that in mind when trying to tally up how much damage the four total guns that can hurt them can dish out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x4)

Well the choas sinper squads can depoly right back and it would take a good few turns for the orks to get to them at the speed that they move.

Kustom Force Field? Whats that a cover save no better then normal i would guess and he cant cover all of the kans or if he did then they would get in each others way so the choas player sould target the kans that are out of range and then go for the kans that are under the Force Field.

Now what about the Cultists and Lieutenant? Im sure that the Lieutenant could down a kan if he gets there but the real use of this unit would be to tie up the orks so that the choas player can get in a few more rounds of shooting or if they can get to them kill off the ork squad with the force field.

So the choas player can deploy last and in doing so can give his two squads the LOS that they need to pick off the kans one by one until they are forced to shoot at the kans under the force Field which the Cultists and lord sould be at lest holding up and if the kans shoot at them then that will keep those autocannons going even longer.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast