Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This is the official Info Thread for Mk VI. Submissions are now open. Please read the rules and composition sections for information on what armies are legal. All entries should be submitted to me.
The games start tenatively on December 1st. That's about a month from now. I do reserve the right to push it back a few weeks if I deem it necessary. I will update this post if I do so.
1) Anyone with an active forum account may enter an army. Participants will keep their list anonymous through out the tournament, however. This is to keep people from voting for a list based upon the creator's popularity. If an entrant's list is disqualified (say, due to losing two battles) then s/he may claim their list in this thread.
2) Army lists will be made out to 1850 points, no more than that. Also, a "Relief Force" will be created for 400 points. Talk of the Relief Force will be covered later. All standard Codex armies are allowed. Eldar players will use the older Eldar Codex. All campaign armies are allowed unless their parent Codex has been redone since their creation. For instance, Kult of Speed are okay, but the Salamanders are not. Banned armies also include the Armoured Company and Harlequins.
3) Chapter Approved and Forge World rules are not allowed. This is for ease of gameplay and fairness to all involved.
4) Special Characters of any kind are not allowed.
5) Units should be formatted for easy reading. The exact format can be found at the end of this post for those not familiar with the formatting model.
Important - If your army list is not formatted to my liking, I will reject it. I find that most of my time is spent simply error correcting and formatting people's lists. I'd like to cut this time down dramatically so I can spend more time enjoying the games.
6) The tournament will be a double-loss elimination style. This means that if your list loses any two battles then it is disqualified and removed from the competition.
7) The winner will be decided by votes on the mission. Anyone is free to vote upon the mission as they see fit, even those who don't have an army entered, but I ask that people try to take into account the mission rather than a simple "Who will kill who" scenario. The list with the most votes will score a win and the other list will score a loss. List owners may vote for their own list.
8) Fluff votes may also be cast, if the voter wishes. In the case of a tie number of votes for the mission, the list with the larger amount of fluff votes will claim victory.
9) All votes must be in bold - no exceptions. Please try to bold more than just a few letters in the middle of a block of text. If the vote is hard to spot, I may miss it and it won't be counted. Mission votes require a valid reasoning behind the vote, usually consisting of two or three proper sentences. "I agree" statements are not enough - even if you're simply repeating someone, the act of rewriting the reason into your own words often conveys more meaning upon the list creators. Fluff votes are exempt from this rule, but still need to be in bold.
10) In the case of two lists being tied for both missions votes and fluff votes, I will cast the final vote as I see fit. I do not play favourites, and often times don't even know who's list belongs to who after I have started the rounds, so I can be an impartial judge. In the case of one of the lists in question being of my creation, I will have xxxnumberofthebeastxxx cast the deciding vote, if he has not already. If he has cast a vote already, then the list he voted for earlier will score the win. (Note - this is to remove any chance of two lists both scoring wins from the same battle, which throws off a number of stats I run)
11) Since this is double elimination, the chance of an uneven amount of lists appearing is quite high. As such, I will be making use of a Seed List. The Seed List will be of my own creation. The Seed List will be as balanced as possible and not designed to take on any specific form of army. The Seed List cannot win the tournament, but can knock you out of it if you lose to it. In the case of a complete tie (see rule #10) with the Seed List, the Seed List will automatically lose without a power vote being invoked.
12) Rounds last for three days and will always end at 1pm Pacific Standard Time, whether I have locked the thread or not. I will try to be prompt about posting new rounds, but sometimes real life interferes. I reserve the right to extend the length of a round if I deem it necessary, but will always make a post with my reasons as to why.
13) Missions will be decided before each round starts and before any armies are matched up to keep it random. Possible missions include all five of the Standard Missions, as well as three special missions - Rescue, Night Fight, and Patrol. If the mission being played is one of the five standard missions, then it will be assigned a random level - either Alpha or Gamma level. There is a 2/3 chance that the mission will be Gamma, and 1/3 chance it will be Alpha.
14) All current GW FAQs for armies will be adhered to. If a rules issue arises, the AdeptiCon FAQ and the GT FAQ can both be used to offer a ruling. In the case of contradicting clarifications, the precendence order will always be - Official GW FAQ; GT FAQ; AdeptiCon FAQ.
15) There shall be no cries of cheese. There are only two types of lists - Legal, and Not Legal. We shall strive to keep all lists of the Not Legal variety out of VoteWar. If the list is Legal, then it will be accepted, cheese or no cheese. Any cries of cheese shall be summarily deleted without prior warning and the vote with it discarded.
If you think a list is cheesy, then your fluff vote should indicate this. Please try to avoid the use of the "C" word, though, and instead focus on the positives of one list or how the less appropriate list could improve.
16) The Organizer reserves the right to ammend, alter, or remove rules at any time. I will, however, make a note of whenever I do so.
Submissions are open right now. Please remember the appropriate format when you submit a list. I don't mind doing a bit of formatting, but it makes my life much easier if you do most of the work yourself. Remember to leave off points costs for models and upgrades, as appropriate of LO rules. Please leave unit costs in, as they make my error correcting job quite a bit easier.
Spots are limited. I will accept no more than 32 lists, period. I also can not save slots, so if you want in, submit a list. The only exception to this are the people who won the last Official VoteWar and any Mini VoteWars since then. They always have an open slot. If they pass on this (or are unreachable) then this courtesy extends to the second place winners.
After you have submitted a list, you are free to change it out or alter things as you see fit. However, this offer only extends until November 24th. After that date, any lists submitted are considered final. If all spots fill up before Novermeber 24th then anyone changing their list risks forfeiting their spot. I will keep everyone updated as to the number of avaliable slots.
After you have submitted a list, I will send you a PM in the next day or two confirming that I recieved it, or informing you of the lack of spots. Unlike last time, I will start error correcting as time makes itself avaliable to me. After I finish each person's list I will send another confirmation PM informing you that I have verified your list and you are promised a spot. If there are errors in the list, then I will work with you to fix them.
Relief Forces -
The relief forces are designed to allow two lists to face each other again without the fight being exactly the same as before, allowing for a bit of diveristy between matches. The rules for Relief Forces are as the following -
1) Relief Forces are to be 400 points, and no more than that.
2) Relief Forces may consist of up to two units.
3) Relief units may not break any Force Organization Chart rules. This means you may only use slots not already being used by the main list. If the entire FOC has been filled (or no more eligable slots are avaliable, AKA Imperial Guard...) then the Relief Force units must be taken from the Troops options.
4) Relief Force units always arrive via Reserves, though any method of Reserves is eligable. For instance, Daemons are still summoned, Marines may Drop Pod if they wish. Units which have special rules which contradict this will have those special rules rescinded. For instance, Scout Bikers may not use their Scouts special ability.
5) The Relief Force is only used in the off chance that two lists face each other again, which is often rare. Most people's Relief units will never be seen, if any.
6) The Seed List may never play the same list twice.
7) The mission type will always be of a different type than the one the two lists fought previously.
Below I have included a few example units to use as guidelines for formatting of your army lists. Please include basic weaponry options. If basic weaponry options are not listed and the unit has a choice, I will make an assumption. My assumptions are usually wrong. Fair warning.
A simple vehicle -
Twin Linked Assault Cannon; Heavy Bolter Sponsons; Extra Armor
Now, a lone character -
Master of Sanctity Chaplain (Attached to Death Company):
Bolt Pistol; Crozius Arcanum; Rosarious; Frag Grenades; Terminator Honors; Jump Pack
Now, a full sized unit -
10x Scout Squad Marines:
Infiltration; Move Through Cover
9x Bolt Pistols & CCW
Veteran Sergeant w/ Powerfist; Bolt Pistol
Summary for returning players -
- Missions have a chance at being played at the Alpha Level.
- Night Fight and Patrol are possible Missions, as well as standard missions.
- Relief forces are up to 400 points now.
- Old Eldar Codex. Not the new. Next VW, promise.
List of current entrants:
5) Adrian MalSeraph
6) Roland Durendal
7) Inquisitor Hause-
8) Lt. Smash
25) Lost Nemesis
27) Slick Willy
Last edited by Caluin; November 30th, 2006 at 00:45.
Does anyone else notice that these things are getting longer and longer each time?
Before long, I'll be having people print off multi-page PDF files and having them sign them before faxing them back to me.
Added in rule #14 concerning rules FAQs from the GTs and AdeptiCon.
About Night Fight doesnt this just give a free win to any assault based army? What is the point of a Mission that gives one army a overwhelming advantage and at the same time guting other armys.
How about this match up - Tau vs World eaters
Mission Night Fight
Oh too bad tau looks like your done for in this match,its not that your army can't win its just that you were a bit unlucky with the Mission thats all. Better luck next time.
Now my list in the team votewar only made it past round one because of night fight now i was happy that my list made it past round one a winner but at the same time i knew that it wasnt my list that had won it was night fight.
Why sould we make things any easier for mass skimmer lists or Chaos and give half the lists a chance of a guaranteed loss?
EDIT - This is a Suggestions thread as well right?
Last edited by KOS-MOS; October 30th, 2006 at 16:47.
Count me in Cal, I'll have a list for you later.
A question regarding Eldar...
Since some people already have their hands on the new Eldar Codex, would you prefer that we use the new codex, or is the older one still viable for use?
Its all there.Originally Posted by Caluin
You bring up a valid point about the Night Fight. But I ask you this - in the fight between Tau and World Eaters, would anyone ever vote for the WE if the Tau always had the option to be able to bring their full firepower to bear first turn and beyond?
Well the tau sould never be able to bring all their guns to bear unless the tau player is very skilled or we would all be playing shooty armys.
The would eaters have things going for them like cover and blood rage ect. but when games workshop were making the tau army list they did not half the range of all of there weapons and hope that the tau's speed would make up for this.
Votewar can be a very unforgiving place with most lists geared for winning which is fine as we all what to see how our lists would cope fighting other powerful armys but night fight dosn't really make things fair and makes voteing very simple most of the time.
Fast armies have an advantage at recon, and secure and control
Resilient armies have an advantage at take and hold
etc. etc. etc.
really the only one that presents no advantages is Seek and Destroy, and even that favors armies with pure killing ability over armies with tactical flexibility.
If anything I'd like to see more of the alternate missions to make things more interesting for the list writers.
The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed
Your nearly a lawyer at this point.Does anyone else notice that these things are getting longer and longer each time?Define chance.Missions have a chance at being played at the Alpha Level.So Rescue will not be played with?Night Fight and Patrol are possible Missions, as well as standard missions.
I'll add it into the list.