40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 2 - Battle 28 - Witch Hunters versus Death Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 2 - Battle 28 - Witch Hunters versus Death Guard

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Recon

Mission Rules -
    Victory Points

Witch Hunters

Cannoness – Attached to Celestian Bodyguard
    Power Weapon; Stormbolter; Auspex

9x Celestians
    6x Boltguns; 1x Multimelta; 1x Stormbolter
    Veteran Sister w/ Power Weapon; Bolt Pistol
    Rhino w/ Smoke Launchers; Extra Armor; Searchlight

Inquisitor lord
    Power Weapon; Inferno Pistol; Scourging
    3x Acolytes; 2x Chirurgeons; 3x Crusaders
    Land Raider w/ Extra Armor; Searchlight

Vindicare Assassin

10x Celestians
    7x Boltguns; 1x Multimelta; 1x Stormbolter
    Veteran Sister w/ Power Weapon; Bolt Pistol; Auspex

10x Celestians
    7x Boltguns; 1x Multimelta; 1x Stormbolter

10x Battle Sisters
    7x Bolters; 2x Storm Bolters

10x Battle Sisters
    7x Bolters; 2x Storm Bolters

Melta Torpedo Strike

Tactics:
    the general idea is to swarm over to bolter range and let rip I use the inquisitor hq on foot as they are mostly a "counter charge"/ assassin protection unit. I hope that the assassin will be able to take out all the "hidden" lascannons in the woods/houses (or anything else that gives a 4/3+ cover save bleh...) 7 faith points in the army to be used as cc countermeasure/invo saves.

Faith Points - 7

----------------------------

Death Guard

Chaos Lord:
    Mark of Nurgle; Manreaper; Demonic Mutation; Terminator Armor; Spiky Bits; Nurgle’s Rot; Furious Charge

6x Chosen Terminators (Retinue for Chaos Lord)
    Mark of Nurgle; Furious Charge
    4x Power Weapons & Combi Bolters; 2x Chainfists & Reaper Autocannons

7x Chosen Terminators
    Mark of Nurgle
    Aspiring Champion w/ CCW; Plague Sword

7x Chosen Terminators
    Mark of Nurgle
    Aspiring Champion w/ CCW; Plague Sword

7x Plague Marines
    Mark of Nurgle; Infiltration; True Grit
    4x Bolters & CCW; 2x Plasma Guns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Powerfist & Bolter; Teleport Homer

7x Plague Marines

7x Plague Marines

3 Nurgling Swarms

3 Nurgling Swarms

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

No infiltrate and no deep-strike just tears this death guard list apart. Especially for recon. They now have to be constantly moving which is going to cut down the firepower to shoot at the sisters.

Whilst I have no doubt reaper autocannons can blow the hell out of rhinos I still think the sisters have the advantage. Faith points and the melta strike can give sisters a chance in a straight fight. As long as the land raider keeps moving fast so that chainfists can't hurt him he will deliver an awful lot of points into the chaos deployment zone.

I'm voting Sisters of Battle.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I missed the fact that there was no infiltrate or DS when I first looked over this battle

Chaos has nothing that can scratch the Landraider at range and without infiltrate they'll never have a chance at getting close enough to charge. Over the course of 6 turns the raider can kill 11 plague marines or 7 termies. Combined with the vindicare assassin these two units can knock 2 of the termies squads below scoring strength easily. The vindicare can also earn a pile of easy VP's by wounding the lord.

As the land raider drives across the board unopposed it can use it's bulk to sheild the canonesses rhino from reapercannon fire. Thats a ton of VP's that chaos really can't do anything about.

The sisters can leave a couple of squads behind to wait until chaos walks into 24" range then unload with a bunch of Multimelta's and bolter fire with the semi-rending faith option(AP1 on a roll to wound of 6 I think). While having a couple of other squads make a run for the chaos deployment zone (using the rhinos from the squads that were left behind as mobile cover that can blow smoke)

When you look at the small squad sizes in the chaos army it doesn't take much for the sisters to knock them below scoring strength.

A lucky hit with a melta strike would be icing on the cake, able to knock a marine squad below 50% in one go.

A quick question about scoring. If the inquisitor manages to score does the cost of the land raider count for him? It's a dedicated transport so it can't score on its own but i don't know if it's cost is included when the inquisitor scores.

Sisters have this one I think.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Agree with LL and Bugs, No Infiltration will hurt the Death Guard severly

And I think both of them summed it up nicely, I have no new arguments to add.

Sisters
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs_n_Orks View Post
    A quick question about scoring. If the inquisitor manages to score does the cost of the land raider count for him? It's a dedicated transport so it can't score on its own but i don't know if it's cost is included when the inquisitor scores.
    Dedicated Transports are considered 'Lost Points' when it comes to objectives like Recon and Take and Hold. The opponent can score points from them by destroying them, but they'll never give you points back.

However, Land Raiders always count as scoring units, even when acting as a Dedicated Transport. At least, they do for Space Marines - will have to look to see if that transfers over to all races.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

There are still heavy support slots available. Can't we just say the sisters player was smart and took it as heavy support?

Then I know it counts as scoring.

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    There are still heavy support slots available. Can't we just say the sisters player was smart and took it as heavy support?
    Witch Hunters may not get Land Raiders as Heavy Support - only as Dedicated Transports. You're thinking of Daemonhunters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

Ok. My mistake.

Well its up to you to find a ruling on whether or not its scoring then Caluin. An extra 250 odd points makes a big difference to a game.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

I should clarify. These Witch Hunters may not take a Land Raider as Heavy Support. Some Witch Hunter armies may, but this particular one may not.

Since the rule is found only in the Space Marines codex, then I say the rule applies only to Space Marines Land Raiders. Sort of silly, since they're basically the same exact thing, but I think it's the same situation as the Assault Cannon difference between SM and DH Codecis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Well the sisters may have the faster squads nearly all there firepower has a 24" range so the choas troops are going to be able to get very close before the sisters with be withing firing range. After that the choas Chosen Terminators can teleport to wherever they are needed and the sisters have only melta guns to get past there armour apart from the landraider.
    So thats 4 metla weapons firing on the Terminators which are T5 and one of them is a pistol.
    I cant see bolters causeing any damage to the choas foot troops unless they spend a turn standing still.
    The Vindicare Assassin will have a fun time killing off Champions. Well i really dont know who to vote for here as i can't see the sisters causing much damage to the choas marines but the sisters can just run off in there rhinos and snipe them off.
    I think it comes down to the Terminators,if they can take out 3 or more rhinos then the choas troops can assault them or blast them with plasma (Or both)
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast