40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 2 - Battle 22 - Imperial Guard versus Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 2 - Battle 22 - Imperial Guard versus Eldar

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Mission Rules -
    Victory Points

Imperial Guard

Junior Officer
    Bolt Pistol; Power Weapon
    4x Guardsmen
    2x Lasguns; 1x Lascannon; 1x Plasmagun
    Master-Vox

Sanctioned Psyker - Attached to HQ
    Laspistol and CCW

Commissar - Attached to HQ
    Laspistol and CCW

Fire Support Squad
    3x Lasguns; 3x Heavy Bolters

Fire Support Squad
    3x Lasguns; 3x Heavy Bolters

Anti-tank Squad
    3x Lasguns; 3x Lascannons

Anti-tank Squad
    3x Lasguns; 3x Missile Launchers

10x Storm Troopers
    Drop Troops
    7x Hellguns; 2x Plasmaguns; Vox-Operator
    Sergeant w/ Hell Pistol; CCW

Infantry Platoon 1
    Junior Officer
    4x Guardsmen
    2x Lasguns; 1x Heavy Bolter; 1x Plasmagun

10x Guardsmen
    7x Lasguns; 1x Heavy Bolter; 1x Plasmagun
    Vox-Caster

10x Guardsmen
    Vox-Caster

10x Guardsmen
    Vox-Caster

Infantry Platoon 2
    Junior Officer
    4x Guardsmen
    2x Lasguns; 1x Heavy Bolter; 1x Plasmagun

10x Guardsmen
    Vox-Caster

10x Guardsmen
    Vox-Caster

10x Guardsmen
    Vox-Caster

8x Rough Riders
    Hunting Lances & CCW

Basilisk
    Indirect Fire; Earthshaker Cannon; Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter

Basilisk
    Indirect Fire; Earthshaker Cannon; Hull-mounted Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ
    Battle Cannon; Lascannon; 2x Heavy Bolter

--------------------

Biel-Tan
    Eldar

Farseer
    Guide; CCW; Shuriken Pistol

Farseer
    Guide; CCW; Shuriken Pistol

4x Rangers
    Infiltration; Stealth
    Ranger Long Rifles; Shuriken Pistols

3x Vypers
    Starcannons; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults

10x Striking Scorpions
    Chainswords; Shuriken Pistols
    Exarch w/ Scorpion's Claw; Shuriken Pistol
    Wave Serpent w/ Twin-linked Bright Lances; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults

6x Howling Banshees
    Power Weapons; Shuriken Pistols
    Exarch w/ Executioner; Shuriken Pistol

6x Fire Dragons
    Fusion Guns

10x Warp Spiders
    Death Spinners

10x Dire Avengers
    Shuriken Catapults
    Exarch w/ Power Weapon; Shuriken Catapult
    Wave Serpent w/ Twin-linked Bright Lances; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults

5x Dark Reapers
    Reaper Launchers

Falcon
    Pulse Laser; Starcannon; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults; Holo-Field; Spirit Stones

Falcon
    Pulse Laser; Starcannon; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults; Holo-Field; Spirit Stones

Tactics:
    A tribute to the old eldar codex which dominated 4th edition. Looking forward to the new one entering votewar.

The Fire Dragons and Howling Banshees are riding in the Falcons. Farseers guide the dark reapers; vypers; war walkers (relief force) and Falcons if they are in range.

Model Count=53
    Vehicle Count=7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

The IG have very little anti-tank here. The warp spiders are under threat from the plasma guns but they are normally out of sight. Basilisks will be a major threat to them and the reapers though.

But again the IG don't have enough firepower to stop the eldar vehicles. The eldar are fast enough to hit the IG everywhere, denying them their usual tactics of leaving a bait squad then shooting them as they come out of cc. its not going to work as eldar are going to have combats all along the line.

Eldar firepower will easily blow off the heavy weapons teams and fire dragons can melt basilisks and leman russ with ease.

If the rangers can survive the bassies (who will be focused on the reapers and warp spiders) then they can pin down IG squads.

Vypers will blow huge holes in the IG army. Using their speed and things they can easily assassinate command and heavy support squads.

Basically eldar can gun down vital IG squads and then they dominate the board. They can start assaults where they want and with ease and theres nothing the guard can do about it.

Eldar.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    The IG have very little anti-tank here.
    Eldar.
    i see this IG list as having 4 LC and 3 missile launchers i dont call the little anti-tank
    Last edited by [*NoCo*]; December 4th, 2006 at 21:33.

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

For an IG list it is though.

The Guard have 1 Russ (which is like a fire magnet), 3 MLs in a HW squad, and 4 LCs, 1 in a Command Unit, 3 in a HW squad.

I see the Falcons knocking out the Russ and then basically picking off any threat. Or rather, I see once the Russ gone, 1 Falcon playing fire support while the other rushes forward with the Wave Serpents. Why? B/c I see a nicely sized Banshee unit which can ride in a Falcon.

So a unit of Scorpions and and a Unit of Banshees rushing for CC, backed up by the roving jetbikes, the Falcon in support, reapers laying down fire, Warp Spiders hopping around...it'll overwhelm the Guard.

Once the Banshees and Scorpions hit IG lines, they'll amass significant casualties (Guard)

I'm holding out for a bit to see some more arguments
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I'm going with the Guard on this one.

It is the eldar who lack anti tank in their list, with only 2 bright lances on tanks which arn't very durable to provide any real threat to the Russ. The pulse lasers don't have much chance to do a lot of damage, and have a variable amout of shots on a low BS. If the fire dragons are charged up the field, they might kill one tank, but won't live to remount back into the falcon with all those heavy bolters. What this battle comes down to is the guard troops can basicaly hammer all the eldar troops off the board, and the grav falcons arn't going to win this one with a few low BS high AP shots. Plus if the guard win first turn a couple well placed earthshaker cannon rounds can spell doom to the falcons before they get a chance to move fast.

Basicaly if the guard player kills the two wave serpants, and uses it's massed fire to wipe the eldar troops off the field, I don't see how those falcons, no matter how durable, are going to win this one for the eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I agree if Guard get first bassies can lay some rounds down. But for a guard army, they are horribly lacking At ability.

The Vipers will threaten side armor with their speed and number of shots, and the range of their weapon. They have the ability to hit the Russ's side armor...or even the bassies if they can get LOS. Plus both Pulse lazers. That's 4 shots on one exposed vehicle. They also have great manueverability so I can see one of them also getting a side Armor shot.

And IIRC Guardsmen ain't exactly the best shooters. They're as accurate as Eldar. But the Eldar have an advantage in shooting in tha THEY HAVE MORE SHOTS. 1 battlecannon shot is as strong as the pulse lazer shot. Difference is its longer range and ordnance. But the Eldar get 2 Pulse shots as well as being fast moving skimmers. Which means the ordnance won't be as effective and nor will 4 paltry LC shots...2 hit...and IDK what the averages of them pen a moving skimmer but I do know they're not great.

Eldar have the speed and heavy firepower to neutralize the guard.

I'm still undecided though
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG got a good counter charge unit (rough riders with hunting lances) that will put a world off hurt on the unit they will be charging

missile launchers will also do some hurting to almost anything on this bord (mostly units)

eldars vypers will do a lot of damage on IG

and yes if IG gets first turn ouch eldar hurts

my vote will go to IG for the win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

The heavy weapons teams are all but guaranteed to either be blown off the board 1st eldar turn. That means they MIGHT get 1 round of shooting at the eldar.

With no anti-tank guns except bassies (which are VERY unreliabe with massive scatter) the eldar are free to do a basically whatever they want.

Hitting on a 5+ with scatter to try and pop tanks isn't very good. And with massive indirect ordnance scatter then any kind of scatter will take it off the centre of the tank and render the shot harmless.

Why should rough riders ever get a charge? eldar have total mobility here. The striking scorpions can just disembark and charge them.

The tanks aren't much help here. They aren't really good at anti-tank and all the eldar units will either be in a transport or in cc. Vypers and bright lances will pop the tanks after a while. After all the only weapon in the game better than a bright lance against russ is a railgun.

Once the heavy weapons platforms are down I'm not sure if eldar even need to disembark. They simply outshoot the IG.

In one of last rounds battles you were certain that 3 rhinos could survive 4 lascannons and 4 autocannons. Why are you so pessimistic that the FAR more resilient eldar vehicles (falcons are more resilient than land raiders) are going to die under much less anti-tank?

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Who me?

If you are talking to me (which I think you are, so please correct me if I'm wrong) I never said the falcons are going to die...I'm actually agreeing with everything you're saying...My last few posts were all to the point that the Guard have too few AT to knock out fast moving skimmer tanks...

I think I'm certain now, after checking the stats of the Eldar weapons on GW, the Eldar will win. I've outlined why in the previous posts so no need to reitirate.

Eldar for the win

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

Not you specifically Roland. I was talking about everyone that voted for the sisters army last round.

I will point out though that you mentioned roving jetbikes when this list has none.

Oh well warp spiders are better anyway.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast