40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 4 - Battle 48 - Word Bearers versus Flesh Tearers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 4 - Battle 48 - Word Bearers versus Flesh Tearers

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Mission Rules -
    Infiltration; Deep Strike; Victory Points

***REMATCH ALERT***
    This fight is a rematch. Relief forces have been added to the end of each list. These forces will always enter the fight via reserves, regardless of what other special rules they may have.
    ***REMATCH ALERT***

Word Bearers
    Chaos Marines

Chaos Lord:
    Mark of Chaos Undivided; Accursed Crozius; Daemonic Strength; Mutation; Teleport Homer; Chaos Marine Bike

6x Daemonettes
    Summoned; Warp Scream; Daemonic Talons

6x Daemonettes

6x Daemonettes

6x Daemonettes

6x Daemonettes

8x Bloodletters
    Summoned; Hellblades

8x Bloodletters
    Summoned; Hellblades

8x Chaos Space Marines
    Infiltration; Mark of Chaos Undivided
    5x Bolters; 2x Plasma Guns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist; Bolt Pistol

8x Chaos Space Marines
    5x Bolters; 2x Plasma Guns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist; Bolt Pistol

8x Havocs
    4x Bolters; 4x missile launchers

3x Obliterators
    Deep Strike; Body Weapons

Relief forces:
    Defiler
    Battle Cannon; Reaper Autocannon; Daemonic Possession; Indirect Fire

5x Chaos Bikers
    Mark of Chaos Undivided
    2x Twin Linked Bolters; 2x Meltaguns
    Aspiring Champion w/ Power Fist; Twin Linked Bolters

--------------------

Flesh Tearers
    (Blood Angels)

Note: All models have the Furious Charge Skill.

Death Company Reclusiarch Chaplain
    Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades; Crozius Arcanum; Melta-bombs; Grail; Jump Pack; Death Mask

Zx Death Company Marines
    Feel No Pain; Jump Packs; Bolt Pistols & CCW
    (Z = Number of generated Death Company Marines.)

5x Tactical Marines
    4x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

5x Tactical Marines
    4x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

5x Tactical Marines
    4x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

5x Tactical Marines
    4x Bolters; 1x Lascannon

8x Flesh Tearer Scouts
    Infiltration; Move Through Cover
    7x Bolt Pistols & CCW
    Veteran Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol & Power Fist

8x Flesh Tearer Scouts
    Infiltration; Move Through Cover
    7x Bolt Pistols & CCW

8x Assault Marines
    Meltabombs; Frag Grenades
    7x Bolt Pistols & CCW

8x Assault Marines
    7x Bolt Pistols & CCW

8x Assault Marines
    7x Bolt Pistols & CCW

Dreadnought
    Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers; Searchlight

Dreadnought
    Twin-Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers; Searchlight

Relief Forces:
    5x Terminators
    2x Storm Bolter & Power Fists; 2x Assault Cannon & Power Fists; 1x Storm Bolter & Power Sword

Furioso Dreadnought
    2x DDCW; 1x Meltagun; 1x Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers; Drop Pod

Tactics:
    Act like a Flesh Tearer. Get in my enemies face as fast as possible and tear their throats out with Furious Charging Assault Squads and Death Company. The Scouts are there to put pressure upon the enemy right away (if they get to Infiltrate, that is), and the Tactical Squads stand back and fire their lascannons at enemy armor, helped by the Dreadnoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

its a cc war and the marines are plain outmatched. They are even outshot thanks to obliterators and havocs and the tactical marines only targets are deep-striking. They can get killed before the oblitz come in.

Rending means even the dreads aren't safe and with their superior initiative the daemonettes are going to cut through anything. Bloodletters will help against the assault marines and death company too.

Basically Flesh Tearers are outgunned and outclassed.

Chaos
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Like LL said, this is a pure CC orgy, the bloodletters and daemonettes outclass the flesh tearers in cc. At worst the daemonettes will be striking simultaniously, and the blood letters have power weapons. All the lascannons the FT has are pretty much useless in a list that has one vehichle, and that vehicle is hiding behind cover with indirect firepower.

Word Bearer's for the win.

Taking Caluins advice on fluff votes:
    Word Bearer's for fluff.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'm also voting Word Bearers. The Flesh Tearers will be rushing into combat, which takes away half the challenge of a Word Bearer army. Both daemon kinds will be able to handle those terminators, and the defiler should wipe out at least one or two units. Once the combat has cleared, I don't think the Flesh Tearers will be able to save enough points to win the mission.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x4)

I'd go with the Word Bearers too. They have plenty of MEQ nailing stuff, and with the new Defiler, winning shouldn't be too hard for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x4)

Park the 3 Dreadnoughts up front and there no way that the choas army can take them out frist turn giving the Flesh Tearers the charge.

Daemonettes are powerful but weak and a charge from any of the Assault Marines squads would wipe them out,maybe even the scouts as thats a lot of attacks.

The Terminators would need to shoot at the Bloodletters as these two squads will be a big problem for the Flesh Tearers once they hit combat.

The Tactical squads don't have much use this fight but can still take out 5 odd Bloodletters out of combat.

The Death Company,Assault Marines and scouts could i feel wipe out all the Daemonettes after the Dreadnoughts hold them up and then work there way past the Bloodletters, maybe not all the demons would be summoned that turn?
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

I don't see demons too much in game so i'm not quite sure what their stats are :

I'm guessing demonettes have a higher than marine WS, 2A plus 1 for 2CCW(talons), higher than marine I (due to warp scream), lower than marine S and T, and maybe a 5++ save?

Blood letters are similar but have an I similar to marines, and a have Power weapons and a 3+/5++,
    and S and T equal to marines?

Also do you still have to roll for reserves for demon summoning or do they all automaically show up? only having to fight 1 bloodletter and 2 demonette packs rather than 2 and 5 make a huge difference.

Also I'm not sure what a Grail and a Deathmask do.

Please help me out a bit here as it makes quite a difference in this battle.

to be honest I don't see this as being quite so bleak for the Flesh tearers. Thier relief force is much more effective than the Word Bearers (the Defiler battle cannon is ordinace Barrage so can't fire the turn it arrives, it arrives on turn 2 at the earliest so will have 3 turns shooting max. quite possibly only 2, either way with scatter it will only get a "HIT" once per game on average and by the time it arrives the only thing not it CC will likely be the mini-Las squads. Not exactly a game changing kill for Chaos.

the bikes are ok but their low numbers and the furious nature of the FT's means they'll likely get killed before doing much damage.

The termies on the other hand can DS into storm bolter/ass. cannon range of anything not in CC and do some serious damage to it, and will give anything other than the bloodletters a run for their money in CC.

The furioso is awsome in this battle, he can safely pod into the middle of the demons, using his drop pod to sheild him from the Havoc/Oblits, then unload a heavy flamer and melta into the demonettes or whatever is close. After that he is a God in CC, the bloodlettes can't hurt him and the demonettes have to get pretty lucky to do any appreciable damage.

The speed of the Assault marines means they'll likely get the charge, and swinging at the same time as the demonettes will mean the marines will win against such small squad sizes.

The death company is still pretty crazy in CC and thier speed should allow them to avoid the bloodletters long enough to charge a softer target like the chaos Tac squads or even the demonettes.

I'll have to wait on some of the info I'm not sure of but for the moment I'm leaning towards Flesh Tearers
    Last edited by Bugs_n_Orks; December 12th, 2006 at 13:37.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'm guessing demonettes have a higher than marine WS, 2A plus 1 for 2CCW(talons), higher than marine I (due to warp scream), lower than marine S and T, and maybe a 5++ save?
    Keep in mind that deamonettes have rending cc attacks.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Blood letters are similar but have an I similar to marines, and a have Power weapons and a 3+/5++,
    and S and T equal to marines?
    One more strength the marines, they are perhaps the most under priced unit in all of warhammer.

They also have +1 attack when compared to a marine (but arent holding 2 CCWs)

They also have the same LD as an aspiring champion.

Same WS as a marine, an attack bonus for 2 weapons, but have the same base value attacks as a marine.

Same strength as a marine, one less toughness.

Also do you still have to roll for reserves for demon summoning
    Yes, however the demons can assault they turn they arrive.

I Agree that the flesh terrors have a much better reserve force this round. The dreadnought is protecularly nice for wraping up the blood letters - since they have to charge at any and everything, even if they cant hurt it (which they cant.)

Leaning fleshing terrors.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

The Bloodletters could be held up quite easily by the Dreadnoughts, since their Strength isn't high enough to harm its front armor. If the Dreadnought manages to squish one, then the Bloodletters would be taking an Instability test at 9 (-1 due to being outnumbered by the Dreadnought).

The assault cannons of the Terminators would wreak havoc on the Daemonettes, and the sprinkling of storm bolters wouldn't hurt, either. Power fists could also put serious hurting on the Chaos Space Marines.

I figure that the Furioso could be used to Drop Pod right amongst the enemy and then use its Smoke Launchers. Due to extra armor, it cannnot be stunned, so the enemy will have to Immobilize or Wreck it to stop it from charging, which still wouldn't silence its meltagun or heavy flamer. Speaking of the heavy flamer, the Furioso could use that to great effect on a Daemonette pack. Any survivors would likely have to take an Instability check.

Hmm...

Edit: Oh, also:

The Death Mask forces a -1 penalty to the Leadership of enemies that are beaten by the wearer and his unit in close combat. That means that anyone who loses combat to the Death Company could very well break (or suffer wounds, in the case of Daemons).

The Grail allows the Death Company to roll 2D6 instead of 1 and then move that far on a Massacre! result.

EDIT: Just throwing in my lot with the Flesh Tearers.
    Last edited by Katie Drake; December 12th, 2006 at 13:31.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast