40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 4 - Battle 47 - Eldar versus Lost and the Damned - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

40K VoteWar MkVI - Round 4 - Battle 47 - Eldar versus Lost and the Damned

Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Mission Rules -
    Infiltration; Deep Strike; Victory Points

Biel-Tan
    Eldar

Farseer
    Guide; CCW; Shuriken Pistol

Farseer
    Guide; CCW; Shuriken Pistol

4x Rangers
    Infiltration; Stealth
    Ranger Long Rifles; Shuriken Pistols

3x Vypers
    Starcannons; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults

10x Striking Scorpions
    Chainswords; Shuriken Pistols
    Exarch w/ Scorpion's Claw; Shuriken Pistol
    Wave Serpent w/ Twin-linked Bright Lances; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults

6x Howling Banshees
    Power Weapons; Shuriken Pistols
    Exarch w/ Executioner; Shuriken Pistol

6x Fire Dragons
    Fusion Guns

10x Warp Spiders
    Death Spinners

10x Dire Avengers
    Shuriken Catapults
    Exarch w/ Power Weapon; Shuriken Catapult
    Wave Serpent w/ Twin-linked Bright Lances; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults

5x Dark Reapers
    Reaper Launchers

Falcon
    Pulse Laser; Starcannon; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults; Holo-Field; Spirit Stones

Falcon
    Pulse Laser; Starcannon; Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults; Holo-Field; Spirit Stones

Tactics:
    A tribute to the old eldar codex which dominated 4th edition. Looking forward to the new one entering votewar.

The Fire Dragons and Howling Banshees are riding in the Falcons. Farseers guide the dark reapers; vypers; war walkers (relief force) and Falcons if they are in range.

Model Count=53
    Vehicle Count=7

-------------------------------

Lost and the Damned
    Allied with Black Legion

Sorcerer Lord
    Mark of Tzeentch; Bolt of Change; Warp Blade; Bolt Pistol; Terminator Armor; Demonic Strength; Eye of Tzeentch; Talisman of Tzeentch

Aspiring Champion
    Mark of Tzeentch (LatD version); Bolt of Change; Powerfist; Bolt Pistol; 4x Thralls

Aspiring Champion
    Mark of Tzeentch (LatD version); Bolt of Change; Powerfist; Bolt Pistol; 4x Thralls

Aspiring Champion

1x Obliterator
    Body Weaponry

30x Mutants
    Frag Grenades
    27x Firearms; 2x Flamers; Icon Bearer
    Boss w/ Powerfist; Firearm; Frag Grenades

30x Mutants
    Frag Grenades

30x Mutants
    Frag Grenades

5x Traitors
    Infiltration; Frag Grenades
    4x Lasguns; 1x Lascannon; Icon Bearer

5x Traitors

5x Traitors

Leman Russ
    Battlecannon; 3x Heavy Bolters

Leman Russ
    Battlecannon; 3x Heavy Bolters

Basilisk
    Earthshaker Cannon; Heavy Bolter; Indirect Fire

Tactics:
    Pretty Basic footslogging horde: Mutants advance on the enemy to engage in close combat; Firearms are used only when assault is not an option. 7 bolts of change; the traitor's lascannons; and the Obliterator fire at problem targets (big things). And the ordinance from the 3 tanks provide cover fire and thin enemy numbers down.
    One quirk of this list is that the Sorcerer is set up to run psychic interference. Make a note of the Warp Blade and Talisman of Tzeentch. This will make it very risky to attempt things like Fear of Darkness against this army.
    Model Count (without reserves): 125; 3 or wich are tanks; 4 of wich are psykers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

ok so a lascannon on the obliterator, 3 BS3 lascannons on the traitors and 6 bolt of change shots per turn.

1st thing to remember is that lascannons are S8 against wave serpents and no melta effect from the obliterator.

The obliterator will be deep-striking and will only get to pull off 1 shot in the game before it melts under ap2 firepower.

traitors are low BS and get wiped off the board easily with eldar shooting. Their morale sucks too.

Russ/bassie hate fire dragons. The dragons just have to pop one and they make back their points. And pulse lasers/starcannons in the back hurts them a lot too.'

Ok eldar are outclassed in cc here. With their tanks they don't ever have to go into close combat though. They can dance around shooting stuff.

Bolts of change are the issue here. 6 shots, 4 hit, 2 break armour. 2 glances isn't that great and a falcon can all but shrug it off. The wave serpents are the only things trying to hide so they can avoid some champions.

Dark reapers kill traitors and mutants with ease until russ/bassie gets lucky with hitting and cover. Then they are gone.

warp spiders can play havoc with this game. If the fire dragons melt bassie while it is busy taking out the reapers the warp spiders can keep blinking back and forth unleashing 20 S6 shots into the mutants. They are also great for grabbing table quarters.

Vypers can wipe traitors off the board. Dire avengers can wipe out any stray mutants or traitors.

LatD are also going to have a tough time shooting off any rangers that infiltrate deep into table quarters. The rangers can fleet around if necessary.

2 fast twin-linked bright lances are great against russ.

Eldar get an advatange from the mission, warp spiders, rangers and fast vehicles are all brilliant at capturing or contesting objectives.

Basically I think it all comes down to a shooting match with the mutants assaulting whatever wave serpents (notice I didn't say falcons) fall out of the sky. Eldar are fast though and can run away. This looks like a perfect battle for eldar fluffwise. They are striking constantly at the flanks tearing away at a much slower force and then retreating when 1 unit gets stranded. Back to the battle though its a massive shooting battle and with the exception of the bolts of change (limit of thralls) all the LatD firepower just falls away too easily.

wow that was longer than intended.

Eldar
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

what does a warp blade and talisman of tzeentch do?
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

A warp blade causes anyone casting a psychic power within 12" to roll a dice when they cast - if they roll a 1, 2 or 3 they suffer perils of the warp.
    A talisman of Tzeentch causes all enemy psychic powers to be at -1 LD.

As far as voting is concerned, I'm leaning towards Eldar, but I want to hear some arguments for the LatD first....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

As always the falcons are going to be really hard to put down, but I count 11 anti tank shots a turn out of this army, and that isn't including ordance. Really I see the LaTD start the trators just inside the two side quarters, and then driving one LR into each side quarter at some point during the game holding or contesting them without much effort. Meanwhile the mutants will walk up, probably blasting the wave serpants as the scorps or dire avengers will be meat for a ordance shot once forced to depoly out the small back hatch, and getting into CC. With clense they don't start that far away, and 90 mutants takes up a LOT of table space for the eldar to dance around.

My main question is how are the eldar going to deal with 90 mutants that will beat them in CC, 3 ordanance blasts, and a high volume of high str fire for their transports?

Anyway LaTD for this win
    Last edited by xrix1; December 12th, 2006 at 17:13.

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I would double check your numbers b/c the LatD only have:

1 Oblit, 3 LCs, and 5 BoC....at most 9 ordnance shots. But BoC don't have great range...so in reality only 4.

With ordnance it goes up to 1Oblit, 2 BC, 1 ES, 3 LCs, and the BoC for closer stuff.

Problems I see w/ your argument Xrix1:

1). mutants blasting a WS won't do much harm. It'd be a waste of fire. WS can shrug off all those shots and keep going, since its a moving skimmer.

2). The "high volume of high str fire" isn't all that high. Unless ordnance is included.

Anyhoo rangers can pin squads, such as the LC squads, thereby negating there fire. Both Falcons can take out the Lemans...cuz if the Flacons are in range and LOS, so are the Lemans...and Falcons are a heck of a lot more survivable. Lemans will go boom if they try and fight the Falcons.

I agree though that the Eldar seem to lack the fire power to take down 90 mutants. Which is why I'm leaning LatD.

The Eldar have the ability to shut down LatD AT shooting with ease...but against masses of mutants...I see them having some trouble. On the fence for now.
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

3 las cannons in traitors, 1 las cannon on the oblit, the BoC on the Lord, and 6 BoC off the champs (the thralls allow the champs to use two psi powers a turn in exchange for stabbing a thrall in the face). That makes 11 str 8 or 9 shots. In a cleanse mission the mutants will be starting 18 away from the eldar, and with move and fire on the BoCs, I don't see them having much range issues. By mutants blasting the wave serpents I meant the asp champ in the mutant squad with two str 8 shots. I think that if the falcons and the Russes have a fight it will be kind of pathetic really, as neither of them can reliably hurt the other. It won't be hard for the battle cannon to get a glance due to the size of the falcon and the nice bonus to ordnance penetration, but as we all know 1 glance won't kill a falcon unless you can roll at least a 10 on 2D6. In return the falcon is getting a random 1-3 shots on a not so hot BS, which need 6s to glance. The wave serpents have the only real ranged anti tank firepower, and they arn't nearly as durable as the grav falcons and should be the first target for the LatD player.

As for the rangers pinning the mutants, well that is less likely then 1 glance killing a falcon. If someone wants to give the eldar an hypothetical dead falcon, I'll give the LatD a hypothetical pinned mutant squad. As for pinning the LC squads, its not a bad use of the rangers, but doesn’t really reduce the LatD firepower that much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I think the eldar are going to have a very hard time dealing with those LRBTs with no lances. Getting the fire dragons close enough will be tricky even with a falcon, all the LatD has to do is consolidate and move towards the center every turn and last turn, when in the middle just spread out to contest everything to counter the zippy-dar.
    Battle: LatD
    Fluff:Eldar2 farseers, probably there to interfere with tzeench's twisting plans somehow.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

This LATD list is both better in shooting, and better in close combat. THe falcons can be relivetly ingored, since the mutants will swarm anything and eventually kill them, since they start decent in CC, and witha powerfisted champ, are quite good in CC, there are 90 of them.

But before CC the wave speremnts will be hating a huge ammount of fire power, further disrupting the ablity of the eldar to launch an attack. Wave serpents dont have halo fields, and i dont even think they have spirt stones.

Thus they will die much more easily.

For every 3 glancing hits one should die.

6 BOC: 4 hits, 2 glances.

Lord, .84 hits, .42 glances.

3 lascannons, 1.5 hits, .75 glances.

1 auto cannon (oblit, since energy field caps max streath of weapons, which i think thye get for free)

2 shots, 1.33 hits, .44 glances.

Total: 3.61.

So they can easily down 1 serpent per turn, or they could split fire power, and just go for stunned results. Stunnned would more easily allow a destoryed result next turn. (as you could get penetating hits) Thus both wave sperpents would be out of the game pretty fast, and there crews pretty darn hammered + out of the fight for a couple of turns.

LATD

Neither list is fluffy IMO.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

ahh thanks for the clarification Xrix1.

Good point too.

Due to superior fire and superior AT ability and the mutant horde which the Eldar havbe no hopes of chewing through in 6 turns, I give this to Lost and the Damned

Plus everyone else hit all the main points
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast