Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ok welcome one and all to LordLink's votewar. Be aware that I'm only 16 years old so theres every chance me (or my parents) are going to screw this up horribly.
I am now accepting 1500 point lists for this votewar. It is going to be single elimination so a lot of it's going to come down to luck of the list matchups. I haven't quite decided when the actual rounds will begin. Need to talk to Caluin about that. There could be gaps in which I'm banned from the computer. :cry:
Rules: [Read them carefully some are different!]
1. Please enter an army you believe is cheesy. I know there are many interpretations of cheese but make it what you believe to be cheese. There is no place for fluffy/balanced lists in this votewar!
2. Anything produced by games-workshop is allowed as long as it is the most current version (i.e. no using 3rd ed codicies). Extremely old things such as codex assassins are not allowed. So yes armoured company, kroot mercenaries, harlequins, ork clans etc. are allowed. For harlequins please use the official GW one and not the mime/wraithlord version.
3. Armies will be 1500 points. No exceptions.
4. If your army is found to be illegal throughout the votewar you are instantly disqualified. Anyone you knocked out are instantly reinstated. Pay VERY careful attention to your army composition. I will go through the lists beforehand and give you a chance to fix them but if I miss something...
5. I am going to try something different with the votes this time. All votes are to be put in the TITLE of the post. Yes this can be edited if you change it.
6. Fluff votes aren't in this votewar. This is cheesefest mate.
7. All votes must be explained as to why you voted. Even if it's basically repeating what someone else said. If we wanted a simple poll we'd add one. This is more than a poll.
I'll add rules as I remember them and people remind me. I'll be accepting however many lists I get so it could get big. Singe elimination should keep it short though.
Last edited by LordLink; March 14th, 2007 at 05:56.
So no dark eldar or Orks (and probably some others)?(i.e. no using 3rd ed codicies)I hope to god thats a typo and you mean "illegal".4. If your army is found to be legal
Lord Link, may I suggest that you put up links to the codices or units that are online. Some of these are obscure and hard to find. For example, the harlequin one isn't even on the UK website as far as I can tell and many people may need to see the codex to judge the list because other wise they would judge them on the eldar harlequin rules which are very different.
Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
New Dark Angels okay?
1. lol when I said no 3rd ed codicies I was just clarifying my previous statement of ANY codex is allowed. You can't use the 3rd ed eldar or space marines for example. Of course orks and dark eldar are allowed. :yes:
2. Online Lists:
If theres any other online/white dwarf recourses you want to use just PM me and I'll probably give you permission. That's going to be the only harlequin list allowed though.
3. No Forgeworld. Imperial Armour is fine.
4. New Dark Angels are being used. Anything thats completely new though please give people a description of what it does. New stuff can just be explained in the battle. Also if you are entering dark angels I don't own it so I can't check your list, I'll have to rely on someone else to overlook them for me.
Last edited by LordLink; March 13th, 2007 at 22:55.
let it be known that i believe that there is no such thing as cheese, if its in the codex.
but just for fun, ill enter a list i think would be ah...'weighted' at 1500 points.
armored company eh? fun! hope someone enters one.
so we can begin pming you now link?
Standard missions only. All Gamma level. Dusk and Dawn may occur.
Ok in response to Caluin's PM:
1. Chosen of Ahriman are allowed as long as you can explain to people what they do.
2. I am kinda undecided about swooping hawks and their rubber band abilities. I'm going to allow them but say this: All armies must be at least 1400 points. No going for minimum hawks and baharroth. At least this way all armies should have something to shoot at against them.
3. Tzeentch IC's may take veteran skills (sorry but I argued and lost this one against Caluin ages ago ).
4. Double dear of the darkness for -4 morale... I'd never really thought about that. I'm going to say if they are in the same squad (and hence used at the same time) then yes the Ld is lowered by 4 instead of 2. If someone can show me a conclusion to a debate that says otherwise it could change.
Yes you can all begin PM'ing me with lists now. Standard votewar format. I don't really care as long as its clear how many models are in a squad. No saying 9 banshees, exarch /w executioner as that is unclear as to 9 or 10 models. Something I have always found is good is to bold actual models but if you want to use standard votewar format thats fine.
I probably should fix up the typo's in the original post... right now it says I'm disqualifying legal lists.
as far as i know link, tzeentch IC's cant take veteran skills, or is that if they are only 1K sons?
...hmm looked it up, i can see how he would think they could. it says characters, but the last bold heading before it says that is 'chaos space marines'
is this where the logic is drawn from?
and what about rubber banding swooping hawks?
if you are referring to the interpretation of their DS rule that interprets they can deepstrike and then leave again in the same movement phase, id argue against that one quite heartily.
Any rules debates are for different threads, not this one. Hawks may indeed skyleap the same turn they arrive.
Rubber banding hawks shouldn't be to much of a problem. I put a minimum limit on the army so you will at least always have something to shoot at.
As for Tzeentch veteran skills do a search in the chaos forum. I THINK Andusciassus started the thread. It was one of the best rules fights I've ever had and I'm acknowledging Caluin beat me so Tzeentch skills are in.