Cheesefest Votewar: Round 1, Battle 4 - Harlequins versus Tau Empires - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Cheesefest Votewar: Round 1, Battle 4 - Harlequins versus Tau Empires

Mission: Seek and Destroy

Special Rules: infiltrate, deep-strike, victory points

Harlequins

HQ
    Shadowseer
    Harlequin’s kiss
    Power blades
    D-field
    Shuriken pistol
    Bio-explosive ammunition

Elite
    3 Death Jesters
    3 brightlances

3 Death Jesters

Solitaire
    D-field
    Harlequin’s Kiss
    Power blades
    Phase Field
    Rive blades

Troops
    4 Harlequins
    1 Troupe Leader
    1 neuro-disruptor
    Haywire grenades

4 Harlequins
    1 Troupe Leader
    1 neuro-disruptor
    Haywire grenades

4 Harlequins
    1 Troupe Leader
    1 neuro-disruptor

Fast Attack
    2 Harlequin Jet bikes
    2 harlequin’s kiss
    1 Troupe Leader
    Neuro-disruptor

Heavy Support
    Venom
    holo-field
    fusion gun

Venom
    holo-field
    fusion gun

Venom
    holo-field
    fusion gun

Tau

Commander Farsight
    Plasma Rifle; Dawn Blade; Shield Generator; HW Target Lock; Bonding Knife
    Shas'vre Bodyguard
    5x Crisis Suits w/
    Plasma Rifles; Missile Pods; Targetting Array; HW Target Lock; HW Multi-tracker; HW Drone Controller; 2x Shield Drones
    2x Crisis Suits w/
    Twin Linked Fusion Blasters; Missile Pods; HW Target Lock; HW Multi-tracker; HW Drone Controller; 2x Shield Drones

Shas'O Commander
    Plasma Rifle; Missile Pod; Positional Relay; HW Multi-tracker

1x Crisis Suit
    Airbursting Fragmentation Projector; Flamer; Multi-tracker

6x Firewarriors
    Pulse Carbines

6x Firewarriors
    Pulse Carbines

8x Pathfinders
    Pulse Carbines; Markerlights; Scouts
    Shas'ui w/
    Bonding Knife; HW Target Lock
    Devilfish w/
    Smart Missile System; Burst Cannon; Decoy Launchers; Multi-tracker; Targetting Array

Tactics:
    Pretty much putting all your eggs into one basket. Everything rides upon Farsight and his uber-unit. They'll typically Deep Strike, though that's not always necessary. When they arrive, they can all target different units. At best they can level 12 Plasma Shots, 14 Missile Pod shots, and 2 TL Fusion Blaster shots, all at differing units if need be. Return fire will be dealt with by the 14 Shield Drones, all with MEQ stats and an additional 4++ save.

The Shas'O commander's only real goal is to live. He uses the Positional Relay on Turn 2 to bring in the uber-unit, then runs around blowing things up.

The Pathfinders use their Devilfish to help bring the uber-unit on target. Otherwise, they Markerlight stuff, allowing the uber-unit to negate Cover saves and enhance their BS.

The Firewarriors are there to catch bullets and capture objectives.

The lone suit simply tries to be as much of a pain in the ass as possible.

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

anyone have a link to the old harlequin rules? I can't remember what half of their stuff does...
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Farsight Enclave Tau

Some of those wargear combo's, rive blades and power blades for example, technically do nothing. I do recall it being confirmed in that ancient harlequin FAQ that a combo like that does not work even though power blades are attached to the arm while the rive blade is held.

Damn though, six plasma rifle toting battlesuits as one unit with five missile pods; thats probably just enough to take down a squad or vehicle per turn.

With no armour, the death jesters with bright lances are not of as much use since their prime targets are nowhere to be found; and with such small troupe sizes those three squads may end up easy pickings for the fragmentation monat. (As long as flip belts offer a cover save that is.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

If one unit though gets into cc and can last past the charge, the effectively stops almost all of the shooting. Then other units could move in. Everything is very mobile and if they aren't there are transports. I think the harlies could get into cc after the first turn that the super tau squad is in.

The tau do have some amazing fire power though, but if the haries can get into cc with a shadowseer, solitare or jet bikes, I think it is over for the tau. If they can't they are as good as dead.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

farsight enclave

the pathfinders will be in serious trouble trying to get close enough to markerlight, and i think personally it was a mistake to use pulse carbines over the longer ranged rifles.
    with jet packs, it will be more difficult than usual for the harlies to catch that suit squad, and i believe they will, but at such small strength to be unable to kill the resilient warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Harlequin rules can be found in the recruitment thread.

I believe for combining riveblades and harlequins kiss you can't wound on a 2+ AND ignore armour saves. You choose which you want to use at the start of the assault phase (so you could choose 2+ for orks and ignore saves for marines).

Powerblades and riveblades do basically the same thing right? powerblades are only there for the extra attack. Adobe has killed itself on my computer recently so I can't download the codex to double check. (
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Ok riveblades can't be used with powerblades, or kisses. Also if the harles list is taliored you wouldn't need the kisses anyway because tau is only t3 so you wound on 4's anyway it would be better to ingore armour at that point.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

ah but the battlesuits are T4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Tau Empires

Quote Originally Posted by necronoob View Post
    Ok riveblades can't be used with powerblades, or kisses. Also if the harles list is taliored you wouldn't need the kisses anyway because tau is only t3 so you wound on 4's anyway it would be better to ingore armour at that point.
    Except the Battlesuits and their Drones, which have a higher Base Toughness. Not to mention invulnerable saves. If any Harlies do make it into combat, they'll be mired.

What I find most funny is the lack of Grenades on the Solitare. He can be easily dealt with by defending cover and killing him before he gets a chance to strike.

Venoms are neat - transports and with decent firepower. Pity they're Open-Topped and have the armour of a Landspeeder - perfect pickings for Missile Pods. Too dangerous to transport the Harlies, IMO. All three could be downed in a single turn with little trouble.

What's really neat is that Harlies rely upon perma-cover saves. I think the Airbursting/Flamer combination weapon was a nice addition. Though, Harlies can spread out so only one would be caught per turn. So that's good on the Harlies end.

I think that by the Harlies make it into combat they'll be so battered and bruised by Tau firepower that they'll not have enough bite to chew through that huge Crisis Team. They'd have to kill 12 MEQ equivilants that have 4++ saves just to get half victory points. And Crisis suits aren't horrible in Close Combat - the regular ones wound on 2+ with a fair number of attacks.

Closed Thread