Cheesefest Votewar: Round 2, Battle 3 Witchhunters versus Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Cheesefest Votewar: Round 2, Battle 3 Witchhunters versus Armoured Company

Important Note: Since I've gone soft this armoured company is not disqualified. For this round they have lost their assassin. If the lists creator would please send me an updated list it will come into play next round (if the list survives). For now though the list has no vindicaire.

Mission: Cleanse

Special Rules: infiltrate, deep-strike, victory points, dusk

Note: It will be night fighting on the last turn of the game.

Witchhunters

HQ:
    Inquisitor Lord:
    Carapace Armour, Shotgun
    3X Heavy Bolter Servitor
    2X Chirurgeon
    Penitent

Elite:
    Inquisitor
    3X Heavy Bolter Servitor
    2X Chirurgeon
    Penitent

Inquisitor
    3X Heavy Bolter Servitor
    2X Chirurgeon
    Penitent

Inquisitor
    3X Heavy Bolter Servitor
    2X Chirurgeon
    Penitent

Troops:
    5X Inquisitorial Storm Troopers:
    3X Hell Gun
    2X Plasma Gun

Chimera:
    Turret Heavy Bolter, Hull Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Extra armour

5X Inquisitorial Storm Troopers:
    3X Hell Gun
    2X Plasma Gun

Chimera:
    Turret Heavy Bolter, Hull Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight, Extra armour

Heavy Support:
    Exorcist:

Smoke Launchers, Searchlight
    Exorcist:

Exorcist:

Inducted Guard
    Command Squad
    Junior officer, las pistol CCW
    3 X Guardsmen Las rifle
    1 X Guardsmen Plasmagun

Infantry Squad
    8 X Guardsman Lasrife
    1 X Guardsman Plasmagun
    1 X Guardsman Lascannon

Infantry Squad
    8 X Guardsman Lasrife
    1 X Guardsman Plasmagun
    1 X Guardsman Lascannon

Armoured Company

HQ:
    Tank Comander: Lemon Russ
    +HB and HB sponsons

Elites:
    Inquisitor with BP and CCW

Tank Ace Vanquisher
    +Lascannon, Heavy Bolter sponsons and Extra armour.

Troops:

Conqerer
    +HB, sponson flamers and extra armour

Lemon Russ
    +HB, HB sponsons and Extra armour

Heavy Support:

Destroyer

Destroyer

Lemon Russ Demolisher

Tactics: Kill anything that can hurt 14 armour. Vindicare kills Lascannons and Missile launchers, Destroyers kill tanks. Once those have been eliminated (most likely 2-3 turns to heavily decimate the anti tank forces) roll up and unload the heavy bolters on anything still breathing.

Last edited by LordLink; March 27th, 2007 at 08:12.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Armoured company

Two destroyers and the vanquishers will be exceptionally good at tank hunting. Which is really the biggest threat to the tanks. They hit more often the ordnance, and they also hit harder.

The remaining tanks will focus on blasting the imperial guard with lascannons. They probably wont hold out for long against such punishing firepower.

the rest of the witch hunters force cant hurt the armoured company. But will be cleaned up after the threats are destroyed.

Splitting the force into 2 sections will allow easy capture of table quarters.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Armoured Company have the very lucky glancing hit rule don't they? so if a shot rolls a 6 to hit and a 6 to break armour it gets a glance.

So yes anything can hurt the tanks (just very unlikely).
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Armoured Company have the very lucky glancing hit rule don't they? so if a shot rolls a 6 to hit and a 6 to break armour it gets a glance.

So yes anything can hurt the tanks (just very unlikely).
    That was in the first Armoured Company army list but they have now lost that rule.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Armoured Company

There are 5 things in the Witch hunters list that can scratch the Tanks front armour.

The exorcists are going to be looking at all kinds of anti tank fire from the 2 destroyers and the russ's ordanence. The likely won't make it out of turn 1 (and they certainly won't make it out of turn 1 intact without some very very unlucky rolling.

That just leaves the two lascannons. 10 guardsmen Vs 9 heavy bolter shots from several of the russ's (and blast templates from the rest) just doesn't look good.

After those threats have been dropped it'll be easy to clean up the remaining witch hunters and go pick up table quarters.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Just wondering, can't exorcists fire from behind cover much like vehicles with indirect fire? If they can then why wouldn't they survive past turn one, much less turn two or three?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

if they can I wasn't aware of it (I just know the missile on them hurts). However, even if they can do that it just means that on turn 1 the tanks blow away the lascannons while closing\moving to obtain LOS on the exorcists (who don't have the crazy range of bassies and so will have to set up more centrally). Then they will take heavy fire on turn 2 instead of turn 1. And, the missiles still need 6's to glance the russ's front armour.
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

I think in votewar it can be argued that up to four tanks can be safely hidden behind cover, three should be no problem for more than two turns. (Besides, you will not be able to get many guns in sight of three tanks with just six inches of movement.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armored Company

Wow, its a shame almost all of the witch hunter units can't do a thing to the armored company unless their rear armour is presented.

The excorcists do need line of sight to fire their missile launcher like gun, but remember that it can fire between one and six shots so each one probably stands a decent chance of causing some glancing damage.

The witch hunter armies doesn't have enough of the right guns to deal with the armored company while the armored company have more than enough to deal with the witch hunters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x2)

The Exorcists can move and fire without penalty, and they get 1D6 missiles at AP 1, so there isn't any glancing going on without smoke/hull down. As this is a clense, the exorcists will probably start out of LOS behind cover and drive out of the quarter they start into the two side quarters forcing some of the tanks to expose side armour to one of them. Drive the chimeras up and use the plamsa on side armour, and then block LOS with the chimeras. The Guard deploy in cover and dispearse as much as possible. There aren't a lot of HBs on those tanks for a guard list, and the battle cannons shooting into cover at a dispersed target often don't get a lot of kills. Then just use the inquisitors to run around and claim quarters.

I'm not convinced that the armoured company has this one as easily as people think.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast