Mixed Votewar: Round 2, Battle 3 GK/Tau vs Orks/Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Mixed Votewar: Round 2, Battle 3 GK/Tau vs Orks/Tau

Mission: Gamma Take and Hold

Special Rules: infiltrate, deep-strike, victory points

Grey Knights and Tau

HQ:
    Shas'el
    Cyclonic ion blaster; burst cannon; targetting array; hard wired multi tracker

Elites:
    2x Shas'ui
    2x twin linked missile pod; 2x targetting array; 2x hard wired multi tracker; hard wired target lock

2x Shas'ui
    2x plasma rifle; 2x missile pod; 2x targetting array; 2x hard wired multi tracker; hard wired target lock

5x Stealth team

Troops:
    12x Firewarriors
    Devilfish
    Smart missile system; decoy launcher; disruption pod

12x Firewarriors
    Devilfish
    Smart missile system; decoy launcher; disruption pod

Fast Attack:
    7x Grey Knights; 1x Justicar

7x Grey Knights; 1x Justicar

Heavy Support:
    Hammerhead
    Railgun; smart missile system; decoy launcher; disruption pod

Hammerhead
    Railgun; smart missile system; decoy launcher; disruption pod

Orks and Tau

HQ

Shas’O

Burst Cannon
    Missle Pod
    Targetting Array
    Hard Wired Multiracker
    Hardwired Blacksun Filter

Troops –

1st Firewarrior Squad
    12 Fire Warriors

Devilfish Transport
    Decoy launchers
    Targetting Array

2nd Firewarrior Squad
    12 Fire Warriors

Devilfish Transport
    Decoy launchers
    Targetting Array

1st Trukk Boyz Squad

10 Trukk Boyz
    3 Burnas
    Nob
    PK
    Iron Gob
    Kustom Job – More Shootier

Trukk
    Big Shoota
    Grot Riggers
    Red paint
    Armor plates

2nd Trukk Boyz Squad

10 Trukk Boyz
    3 Burnas
    Nob
    PK
    Iron Gob
    Kustom Job – More Shootier

Trukk
    Big Shoota
    Grot Riggers
    Red paint
    Armor plates

Burna Boyz Squad

10 Boyz
    4 Burnas
    Mek Boy
    Kustom Force Field
    Power Klaw
    Supa Stikkbomb

Trukk
    Big Shoota
    Grot Riggers
    Red paint
    Armor plates

Fast Attack

1st Pathfinders team – 8 Pathfinders
    - 3 Railrife and Target lock

Devilfish Transport
    Decoy launchers

2nd Pathfinders team – 8 Pathfinders
    - 3 Railrife and Target lock

Devilfish Transport
    Decoy launchers

Ork Fighta Bomba Raid

Heavy Support

Hammerhead gunship
    Railgun
    Smart Missles
    Decoy Launchers
    Target lock

Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Grey Knights and Tau

I think the orks and tau may have some problems here; especially with that fighta bomba being just as likely to hurt its own side as it is the enemy. (Fighta bombaz roll against every squad and unit on the field after all, has to be some sort of downside to a cheap prelim bombardment)

Two railheads against one; the two have the upperhand there on top of being able to pop ork armour easier than popping fellow tau armour.

The grey knights can also be a big problem later as well, what with deep strike allowing them to come in where they are needed for a quick bonus of storm bolters and close combat hell if they are ignored or not dealt with soon enough.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Tau/Orks

Correction to Darkreever, the Fighta bomba is not as likely to hit its own side. remember, you have to roll a seperate roll to see if your own side gets Strafed, and that must be a 1. so there really is a 1/6 chance that you actually have to start rolling for your own side. you dont automatically start rolling for everybody.

I am confident that the Orks/Tau can win this, although They lack the two Hammerheads that the opposing side has, they have the great big Benefit of a couple other goodies, that being the Pathfinders, The Fighta bomba raid (read first part of my post), and The Mek boyz KFF. The mission is Take and Hold, and although both sides are generally Mobile, the Heavy firepower, being the Grey Knights, will either have to Deepstrike or Slog it to the center. and assuming the Tau/Ork player keeps his Trukks back, they can rapidly deploy to attack the Grey Knights. (remember those lovely Choppas, your 2+ saves now become 4+ saves, and were most likely both striking at initiative). Although this is going to be a very close game, im confident that the Tau/Ork can pull it off with there superior Numbers, and use of Pathfinders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Orks and Tau

Well the Rail rifles are well suited to killing the gray knights, if they both get a chance to zoom up to them then they may even wipe the whole squad out. The ork and tau list lacks enough anti-tank but once a transport is taken out then the very mobile orks will be all over them before they can say "Oh bugger"

Missie Pod and railgun fire should be focused on any transports to stop the tau troops from contesting any objectives. The battlesuits will have real problems keeping the orks at bay unless the knights baby sit them and even then the ork fast transports allow them to get the charge most of the time. Choppas make short work of marine armour and i doubt that the knights will be able to get a shot off unless something forces the orks out. The hammerhead will die vs the 2 enemy tanks but it should use its time to pin the tau troops on the ground to allow the orks to get dem da blue boys in armz length.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Dont forget that those grey knights do have the option of deep striking rather than starting on the field, on top of those firewarriors being inside devilfish's. Makes them a tad harder for the orks to crack.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

GK/Tau

The GK/Tau list has a huge advantage in armor popping over the Ork/Tau list. The Ork armor is much easier to pop than the Tau armor and they have twice the railguns. The Tau firepower will make quick work of the Orks after they lose their Trukks, and those Grey Knights will basically come in and mob up whatever is left. I think GK/Tau wins this one pretty handidly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK/Tau

I don't see the any of the Ork Trukks surviving turn 1. There is a lot of str 5/6/7 weapons in the GK/Tau list to ensure that the Railguns not be shooting Ork Trukks and will be shooting down the Hammerhead first then moving over to sub-munition the soon to be footslogging orks. The GKs could easily Deepstrike in position to take out the Pathfinders unless there are some Orks left back to defend against this. I foresee the Ork Boyz getting stuck between the Tau mobile fire-base and the GKs who have dropped behind their lines. The Tau/Ork side's Fish of Fury will not have many targets to choose from if the opposition chooses to mount his Fire Warriors and Deepstrike the GKs. The Stealth team can deepstrike also, which allows them to get rear shots on Devilfish and Hammerhead rear armor. Sacrificing the Stealth team in order to limit the Fire Warrior's mobility and access to the FoF tactic is worth the loss, IMHO.

Closed Thread