Foot-Slogging Imperial Guard Tactica - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foot-Slogging Imperial Guard Tactica

FOOT SLOGGING INFANTRY

And so he set forth to make a tactica about the dying breed of foot-slogging Imperial Guard. Where had these regiments gone? They had given way to static gun lines, and later mechanized regiments. The art of moving infantry by foot was lost and all but forgotten. So he decided to re illuminate the world on the secrets of foot-slogging. The Emperor smiled on his task.

The Art of Foot-Slogging Infantry is a very difficult thing to master. I will not give you guys Mathhammer proofs simply because I not very good at that and its not that reliable. So lets begin our journey into the wonders of Foot-Slogging Infantry.

THE MAIN WAVE

The Main Wave is used to try to bog down enemy fire on numerous targets. It can act as a distraction for your flanking units.
    • Infantry Platoon
      • Platoon Command Squad
        • Commander Chenkov
        • Vox-caster
      • Infantry Squad
        • Grenade Launcher
        • Vox-caster
      • Infantry Squad
        • Grenade Launcher
      • Infantry Squad
        • Grenade Launcher
      • Infantry Squad
        • Grenade Launcher
      • Infantry Squad
        • Grenade Launcher
      • Special Weapons Squad
        • Meltagun x3
      • Special Weapons Squad
        • Meltagun x3
      • Conscripts
        • Additional 30 Conscripts
        • Send in the Next Wave
    Total Points- 770

The Infantry Squads will act as a combined squad and deploy next to the conscripts. The Special Weapons Squads and the Platoon Command Squad will deploy behind the infantry squads and the conscripts. Chenkov will use the Send in the Next Wave for fleeing conscripts and Get Back in the Fight for fleeing Infantry Squads. In order to move fast across the board, Chenkov will order Move, Move, Move!. When in position, the Squads will open fire and try to do as much damage as they can. They are here to cause damage and distract the enemy with a big target. Now on to the flankers.

TANITH TACTICS

This section is about your flanking troops. Their job is to stay in cover and advance on the sides. They will try to out-flank the enemy.

ELITES
    • Storm Trooper Squad
      • Plasma Gun x2
    • Storm Trooper Squad
      • Plasma Gun x2
    Troops
    • Veteran Squad
      • Sniper Rifle x3
      • Forward Sentries
    • Veteran Squad
      • Sniper Rifle x3
      • Forward Sentries
    • Veteran Squad
      • Sniper Rifle x3
      • Forward Sentries
    • Veteran Squad
      • Sniper Rifle x3
      • Forward Sentries

Total Points- 690

Each Storm Trooper Squad will deploy on either side of the board. They will be supported by two Veteran Squads each. The Storm Troopers will be given the Reconnaissance Special Operation. Each group will advance through cover and snipe the enemy. They will continue to move forward and eventually flank the enemy.

VEHICLES OF THE IMPERIUM

This section is about how to use the optional support of vehicles. In no way does not choosing vehicles make your strategy not good. Vehicles are simply here for support.

FAST ATTACK
    • Scout Sentinel
      • Lascannon
      • Camo netting
    • Scout Sentinel
      • Lascannon
      • Camo netting
    • Devil Dog
      • Multi-melta
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    • Basilisk
      • Enclosed crew compartment
    Total Points- 395

The Sentinels will stay in reserve and attempt to outflank during the game. It is optimal to have one Sentinel on either side of the board. They can act as excellent tank hunters and add much needed support to the Veterans and Storm Troopers. The Devil Dog will advance down the center of the board to support the infantry mass. The Basilisk will stay behind and add fire support wherever needed on the board. These vehicles can be good Anti-MEQ's in your army.

ALL THE REST

Now that you have the main body of your army, you can add on to it. You will need a Company Command Squad. So you can use that to support your Main Wave, or perhaps the flankers. There are endless possibilities to expanding your army, you just have to think. You can add more vehicles or more infantry. You can expand on the Main Wave, or the Flankers. The Choice is yours. So go out there and destroy the enemies of the Emperor!

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

No offense dude, but this isn't really a 'Tactica' it's: "This is how I play Imperial Guard"

A 'Tactica' needs to point out the advantages and disadvantages of foot-slogging Guard and provide us with tricks of the trade that can be adapted from unit to unit/army to army. This is an army list and a write up on how to use said army list. Nonetheless, B for effort.
    Last edited by counterwavecounter; July 20th, 2009 at 21:09.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but I actually play mechanized guard. I saw a post similar to this on another website, and took the inspiration for my first tactica.
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

That looks more like an Army List. I don't think a real foot slogging Tactica would involve your entire army moving forward as an unsupported horde. Foot slogging for Guard is more of a static approach and than marching forward to mop up, where as Mech kind of spearheads from turn one.

Foot slogging and Static are kind of the same, only some people like to hang back and never move. This isn't really possible in the new missions so a Tactica on adapting and knowing when/how to move would be helpful. :]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread