A WBB query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A WBB query

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

A WBB query

While answering another WBB thread, the following query came to the surface in my mind.

If a Necron suffers a wound that is x2 Toughness and has a) been killed due to being prevented from making his armour save, b) is the last guy in his own unit and c) the closest unit of a like type is over on the other side of the table, can he attempt to make a WBB roll if the following conditions exist:

1. A Necron Lord with a Res Orb is within the prescribed range
    2. A Tomb Spyder is also within the prescribed range?

In other words, can the presence and effect of the Res Orb which augments the standard WBB roll be added to the presence and effect of the Tomb Spyder in order to allow this Necron to attempt a WBB roll?

I *think* it can but I just wanted some feedback on this one.

Thanks for any replies.

E.

"Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    While answering another WBB thread, the following query came to the surface in my mind.

If a Necron suffers a wound that is x2 Toughness and has a) been killed due to being prevented from making his armour save, b) is the last guy in his own unit and c) the closest unit of a like type is over on the other side of the table, can he attempt to make a WBB roll if the following conditions exist:

In other words, can the presence and effect of the Res Orb which augments the standard WBB roll be added to the presence and effect of the Tomb Spyder in order to allow this Necron to attempt a WBB roll?

I *think* it can but I just wanted some feedback on this one.

Thanks for any replies.

E.
    Yes pretty sure you are right.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    As long as both those conditions are met for the mentioned "Necron", yes, it can make a WBB roll. He can both overcome the WBB denying death blow and will meet the criteria for WBB on its next turn (assuming the TS is still around; the Lord could have moved on by now).

As a note to anyone reading this thread: You only check RO status (as a WBB denying wound is assumed) at the time the killing blow is made. WBB criteria are check at the time rolling is about to take place. This keeps things simple.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Yes you have it spot on, though note that the denial of WBB from a necron not getting an armour save only applies in Close Combat. AP3, 2 or 1 ranged attacks still allow WBB.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

596 (x8)

Thanks, Deceiver, I hadn't made that clear in my OP.

Thank you all for your input. Case solved, I believe.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread