Command/Veteran Squad :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Command/Veteran Squad :)

hey guys, just a quick Q...

in the SM codex it states: if you give your sergant Termie honours at XX, you can give the rest of the squad termie honours at XX points each right? but do i have to give it to them like i do grenades? if 1 marine has them, all of them must have it? or can i just give 4 out of 7 (including sarge) termie honours and the rest stay 'normal' ? hope that makes sense,

thanks,
    Shabbhekh :happy:

In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member blood of the past's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can mix and match them as much as you want so you can give 4 out of 7 terminator honours if you want. I recomend using it on veterans armed with power weopons other wise they are a bit overpriced. Also you will need to remember which veterans you gave them to. Always notice the "MAY" in the rules sentance. ie "every other space marine in the unit MAY be given them to at a cost of ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for clearing that up
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Indeed, it can be added to any number of marines; best used on company champions exlusively.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I disagree.
    Actually reading the rules would show you that "all" (or "every") member/s of the squad may be equipped with Terminator Honours.
    To me, this would indicate that either the entire squad buys Termie Honours, or just the sergeant, or no-one.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t View Post
    I disagree.
    Actually reading the rules would show you that "all" (or "every") member/s of the squad may be equipped with Terminator Honours.
    To me, this would indicate that either the entire squad buys Termie Honours, or just the sergeant, or no-one.

-t.
    I tend to think the emphasis lays on the word "may". We have always read it this way, but one could make a point for the opposite. I don't really mind either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

no, I agree with Tom (-t), the may refers to the fact you can chooe to do it or not, but if you do it, you do it to all (hence the use of "All"), not a sub set
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Im sided with -t and Cher on this one. Its the Sergeant, all or none.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I agree with the above posters as well about all, srg, or none. There are some units that state things along the lines of "and any number of models can be upgraded with yy at xx points per model". [see harlequins with their kiss upgrades] That reads that you can choose as many or few as you want, while the command squad option reads that you can do all the regular guys or none of them.

+ Reply to Thread