charcters starting in units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

charcters starting in units

So i know that we cant deep strike Independent charcters in terminator armour or jet packs with other units equiped with the same gear. But what about starting out with a unit in a transport? In WD issue 332 the chaos player start with his Khorn lord in a rhino with 9 others khorn berzerkers. I know he started in the rhino because the IG player went first, shot the rhino and destroied it, and the berzerkers and lord had to disembarked from the wreckage. So did they get it wrong in the battle report or is it OK for us to start with our charcters attached to a unit on the table?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

4thEd rulebook, page 81, "Deploy Forces", left column, second paragraph: "When deploying a unit or independent character..." Also note the next paragraph: "When deploying an independent character..."
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

You can deepstrike them as one unit *if* they both pass their reserve roll on the same turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

IA has the current rules. you can find what he's talking about in the bgb FAQ. Prior to this, they came in seperated, but don't need to now, so long as they fulfill the requirements listed in the FAQ.

And Uzi has it right about vehicles=)

And lastly, never look to WD for correct rules=( Nor the rulz boyz.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Especially WD. The Khorne Lord and the CSM got out of a destroyed vehicle and were able to move? What happened to the entanglement rule??

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

WD battle reports have alway been notorious for little rules "misses" like this. What gets me is that they always tend to favor the army their featuring...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardeth View Post
    WD battle reports have alway been notorious for little rules "misses" like this. What gets me is that they always tend to favor the army their featuring...
    Hi,
    it amuses me to read your quote "tend to favor the army their featuring," as I would believe that its more accurate to say "always" as it is a deliberate marketing ploy to make customers purchase what is new and shiny.
    I have never seen a recently released army lose a WD battle yet (but does this mean that they are a better army, no.)
    The battles are always close, the victor the new releases and this leads me to think that the results are rigged.
    Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

I recall reading or hearing somewhere about a particular Battle Report which had had to be fought 4 times before the desired outcome was actually realised. There has been one occasion recently where the "New Shiny Stuff" didn't in fact win - I think it was the Dwarfs, but I can't remember and I'm too tired to trawl through a stack of WDs - but generally the New Stuff does appear to have the upper hand in these reports.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

yeah, i think it was the mining dwarves a few issues back against the black gobbos, bu then even though they were new, the sull pass new box was about to come out, so i guess they went, well that might just work for us...

but yes, the writers of the WD articles often make reference to the fact that they have played "test" games of the two armies.

Mind you, i guess they kind of have to, because they really don't min/max or only use one unit in a list, for instance, could you imagine thatbattle report recently if the chaos player had taken all heavy botlers and a few lascannons to shoot the guard off the board, or vice versa with plasma and leman russes... or someone would actually learn to use/make a dark eldar army for once... instead of just being the "beat up upon" army... grr... they arn't helping us with players...

editorial note. without properly looking at the new chaos codex i don't know what the most powerful combinations are, and what are just a waste of time. so i might have offered a bad selection, just take what i am saying at face value.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

+ Reply to Thread