Vox Clarification - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vox Clarification

2 points to make,

1: I noticed something in the rules that doesn't make sense to me so I want to confirm that I understand it right. In the rules for a basic vox caster (IG codex pg 36) it states that if both a command squad and any other squad both have a vox caster the other squad may use the ld of the officer instead of its own. On pg 35 in the entry for the master vox upgrade, it states that any number of sqauds with vox casters may use the officer's ld once per turn, a restriction that is not mentioned in the basic vox entry. Does this mean that if a guard squad uses the officer's ld for a target priority test on my turn and the HQ has a master vox, he is stuck with his own moral on my opponent's turn, something that wouldn't be the case if the HQ only had a basic vox?

2: I don't think this is legal, but I saw it in a list so I'm asking. If the HQ command squad and a platoon command squad both have vox, does the ld bonus apply to the platoon commander's leadership special rule? Can guardsmen in the platoon commander's bubble the the HQ's ld?

what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

As per main rulebook FAQ, one turn means one player turn unless specified otherwise.

For #2... I'm not entirely clear. I think the scenario is.. ld9 HQ has Master Vox, ld8 officer has vox, squad with no vox is within 12" of ld8 officer... can they roll against a 9? No, that would effectively be.... using the Vox for a test someone else is called on to make, I think is a good way to put it. The ld8 officer is allowed to use 9 for his tests. He does not *become* 9 for other people using his leadership to take tests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1 That clears that right up, the once per turn is irrelivant because it means player turn, and I dont know of any way that you would have to take more that one ld test per turn anyways. TY.

#2 That is the situation I was getting at, and your answere is what i expected. I didn't think it was legal, but then I saw a list where the HQ had a master vox, the platoon commanders had vox casters, but no troop squads had any vox. TY for a clear answere.
    what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

+ Reply to Thread