Transport & Close Combat Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transport & Close Combat Questions

I recently had a battle with an ork player and on the first turn he got 30 orks out of this small wartruck right next to my squads shot and assaulted after going like 24 inches or something like that. I thought that when troops deployed from a vehichle they could only deploy 2 inches around the vehichle. Also in CC when he attacked me he said that all his attacks could hit all my dudes and the models that werent in base to base contact with my models could still hit my units. I would like to know if what he did was legal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Ok, trukks are open topped so they get a slight benefit. he can only go 12" and jump out and charge you (no ork movement, just trukk). he can go 24" if he wants but he can't disembark that turn.

Any model within 2" of another model in base to base contact may fight, if he was close up and charging a big squad he could fit them all.

Lastly you can only fit 10 orks inside a wartrukk, 20 if he paid for an expensive battlewagon.

PS: you know if your vehicles didn't move you can get out, move and charge right?
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Lordlink hit on almost every point.

one other answer to your questions is that YES, all disembarking models MUST be within 2" of the vehicle when they disembark.

Sadly, he can move the OPEN TOPPED vehicle 12", disembark, CANT MOVE, can shoot you, then assault the SAME unit so long as you are in charge range 6").

And check under assaults as to who can fight (the difference between being locked, and ENGAGED).

And LL, nice point on the non moving vehicle, something many forget=)
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

we had a similar problem with an ork speed freaks player at our indie store, he was moving 31 inch charges till we stopped him.

He can move 12 inches, he can get off the vehicle, adding 2 inches to it, he can then charge 6 ches, giving him 20 inches, if he uses speed freaks he can roll a dice and add up to 3 inches to this, but he runs the riks of rolling 4 or more and not being allowed to diembark
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    He can move 12 inches, he can get off the vehicle, adding 2 inches to it, he can then charge 6 ches, giving him 20 inches, if he uses speed freaks he can roll a dice and add up to 3 inches to this, but he runs the riks of rolling 4 or more and not being allowed to diembark
    Any ork player can take turbo-boosters for the extra movement on a trukk / battlewagon.. Also remember virtually every ork trukk will have red paint job, so they'll get to go just a little bit further before disembarking. And the picture in the BGB for disembarkation shows clearly that only a portion of the base needs to be within 2" of the access point (or entire vehicle if open topped) - so you can actually gain another (almost) inch.

So yeah, be careful.. As orks with red paint job and turbo-boosters can charge just further than bolter range if they roll a 3 with the boosters. And even a little more so if they have a warboss on a bigger base!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

but I thought that red paint job added to the trucks movement-so any movement over 12" would mean no disembark, no?
    My armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen View Post
    but I thought that red paint job added to the trucks movement-so any movement over 12" would mean no disembark, no?
    You would think, but I seem to remember that it's actually stated somewhere that you can still disembark. But not being an Ork player, I don't remember where it says this. The FAQ maybe? or maybe in one of the many 'clan' updates the orks have had?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    You would think, but I seem to remember that it's actually stated somewhere that you can still disembark. But not being an Ork player, I don't remember where it says this. The FAQ maybe? or maybe in one of the many 'clan' updates the orks have had?
    I think that's the case for speed freaks, but not on the red apint. Guess I'll have to grab my codex when I get home tonight.
    My armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

In the Ork Codex (p37, lower right corner), it mentions still being allowed to disembark even with the extra move from RPJ.

And remember, even Orks don't get to charge after firing Rapid Fire weapons. =)

Need to update my reader to check errata, comp did a fatal crash and I've needed to reinstall most of my programs.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread