Turbo Boosta's and Scouts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turbo Boosta's and Scouts

The rule Scouts says that it is a free movement at the beggining of the battle, can I use Turbo Boosters here, "Using all normal Movement rules that apply", I believe that Turbo Boosters is such a rule that it can be used for movement in that phase but rather that "normal Moverment rules" apply to terrain I think this wrong? Correct me please.

If then I see an exploit in the rules of Turbo Boosters, it says in the following opponets shooting phase your save is invulnerable, thusly its a free movement, then if you get first turn then you can assault first turn and if you don't make it then you can have a 3+ invul save, of course this is really unfriendly, lol.

What I got this from, Dark Angels Bikes have the Scouts rules, as well as Turbo Boosters.

Best Regards

~ lord0chaos

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

I'm pretty sure it only gives them a normal move, and not a turbo boost.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Im sure its only a normal move too, the Turbo boosters would make to much noise for it to be a scouting move anyway!!!!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by lord0chaos View Post
    The rule Scouts says that it is a free movement at the beggining of the battle, can I use Turbo Boosters here, "Using all normal Movement rules that apply", I believe that Turbo Boosters is such a rule that it can be used for movement in that phase but rather that "normal Moverment rules" apply to terrain I think this wrong? Correct me please.

If then I see an exploit in the rules of Turbo Boosters, it says in the following opponets shooting phase your save is invulnerable, thusly its a free movement, then if you get first turn then you can assault first turn and if you don't make it then you can have a 3+ invul save, of course this is really unfriendly, lol.

What I got this from, Dark Angels Bikes have the Scouts rules, as well as Turbo Boosters.

Best Regards

~ lord0chaos

So if you got this from the DA codex, why didn't you read all their rules? There is a note that no model can make a turbo boost whilst making the scout move...
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Glad that's settled, as a loophole allowing this kind of thing would be crazy!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was for determining "normal movement rules apply" in the Scout rules, it does not establish normal movement rules compared to abnormal movement rules and I know that they would be to loud I'm fairly sure that, that may have said that in the last edition (but they don't state that), but I just started back up from not playing for like 9 months. And, I was thinking to myself that Raven Wing was special for their bikes having Scouts. isn't Turbo Boosters a normal movement since it doesn't establish its "special" in any way and its under the rules for bike movement, so it is an option for their standard movement to do so or not.

"Glad that's settled, as a loophole allowing this kind of thing would be crazy!"

I'm not giving up ^.^ I believe that it is the way it is since it doesn't establish what I can and can't do in the Scout phase.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Wouldn't any movement that was in any way different from the standard movement of the model qualify as "special"? I was not aware that GW specifically marked each and every thing they did so that every detail was covered, and in fact have been made aware many times of just the opposite. If you really need a rule that fits this exactly, aside from the ones quote above, I would refer to the GW first rule, the Golden Rule. As you stated:

"If then I see an exploit in the rules of Turbo Boosters, it says in the following opponets shooting phase your save is invulnerable, thusly its a free movement, then if you get first turn then you can assault first turn and if you don't make it then you can have a 3+ invul save, of course this is really unfriendly, lol."

Clearly, you're aware that this is an exploit to be used; i.e., an unintended and overpowered consequence, and you're aware that using it would be "really unfriendly". This would answer the question for me.

At the end of the day, I cannot ultimately vindicate my position in clear and precise writing without calling GW up to clarify (which may be the way to go). Therefore, I wish you the best of luck in using your interpretation of the rule, and in finding opponents willing to repeatedly accept such an interpretation as well.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Sorry, I just look for loopholes, I know it's un friendly I was just talking for tourney play, But it's cool that you live in NC, Raleigh is right by me too! I live in Morrisville do you play at "all fun and games"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lord0chaos View Post
    lol Sorry, I just look for loopholes, I know it's un friendly I was just talking for tourney play, But it's cool that you live in NC, Raleigh is right by me too! I live in Morrisville do you play at "all fun and games"?
    Sure do, over in Apex. Play Space Marines there in the league, yourself?

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, lol I mostly play fantasy and am starting up 40k, I was thinking of a Raven Wing army and was just looking for a few loops, but that's cool, I'll probaly see you Monday, I'll just come to watch some battles and just curious would you mind if you played a proxy of my army, it's a very unconventional concept that sounds great on paper but am unsure if it would be a viable idea. ^.^

Curious, do you work there, we may have met then, lol I just went there yesterday to pick up a codex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast