Warp Time - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warp Time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp Time

I'm not sure about the meaning of this sentence:

If successful, the Psyker may re-roll all rolls to hit and rolls to wound
    Does it mean that I have to re-roll all dice or may I choose to re-roll only failed rolls to hit and to wound?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd say yes. But it is dreadfully worded.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

hmm, it is badly worded.

Until then I had assumed that you just re-roll the failed rolls. Now I can see some problems with people trying to apply RAW. *sigh*, why can't these things just be easy.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It means if the psychic test is successful then re-roll missed hit and to wound rolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

By the way it's worded, I'd say that you have the option to reroll any and all to-hit and to-wound rolls -- not just failed ones. Why you'd want to reroll a successful rolls is a different story, though =). I suppose if he was equipped with a weapon that did something bad to the user on a certain roll, then it might be useful.

*Shrugs*

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

The wording looks fine to me.

I'd say that you have the option to reroll any and all to-hit and to-wound rolls -- not just failed ones.
    That is exactly right. Why you'd want to re-roll a hit is another matter entirely.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

You could potentially want to not sweep your kill zone to keep a powerfist still able to swing in a later initiative step.... Or you could want to not wipe out a unit so that you remain locked in combat for your opponent's shooting phase. There are a lot of times where you do not want to kill everything you touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

check the book, near the front, they have a whole paragraph on re-rolls. If I'm not mistaken, they describe a re-roll as re-rolling failures. If this is in fact the definition of the word "re-roll" then the idiosyncrasies of how the sentence is worded are moot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, they describe a re-roll as re-rolling failures.
    --- The paragraph on 4thEd page 5, right column, "Re-rolls" doesn't mention anything about failed rolls, just about "re-rolls of the dice".
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi-99 View Post
    --- The paragraph on 4thEd page 5, right column, "Re-rolls" doesn't mention anything about failed rolls, just about "re-rolls of the dice".
    Yes but the paragraph tells you to pick up the dice you wish to re-roll and roll them again. So by that paragraph you choose which dice to re-roll. Its very clear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast