Newbie question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie question

I was using a ven dred in a game yesterday and it has 3 attacks, weapons include an assult cannon 4, ccw, and flamer. My question is: Do I roll 12 dice when trying to hit when using my assult cannon 4?

Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Heavy 4 gets 4 shots. You only use your A stat in hand to hand combat. Only Hive Tyrants get to engage in ridiculous multiplication games resulting in 12 shots per turn that always hit and always wound (not that I'm bitter or anything =) )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im afraid not. The Assault Cannon only gets 4 shots, and the A characteristic is merely for melee, as was stated above. And as was stated above, only the hive tyrant is able to have so many shots avaliable to it, may it burn in the fires of plasma (you may not be bitter Affe, but I am )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

If this comes off as being overly harsh, I'm sorry, but GET THE RULEBOOK. And if you have it, READ IT.

Your question is very explicitly spelled out in the rule book. The wording is very plain, and I find it difficult that anyone could be confused by it. It is against Forum Rules to troll for rules. We are here to help you, not hold your hand so you don't need to buy the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    If this comes off as being overly harsh, I'm sorry, but GET THE RULEBOOK. And if you have it, READ IT.

Your question is very explicitly spelled out in the rule book. The wording is very plain, and I find it difficult that anyone could be confused by it. It is against Forum Rules to troll for rules. We are here to help you, not hold your hand so you don't need to buy the rulebook.
    Well I must be stupid because I have the rule book and I read it over and over again, and I didn't understand it, so I asked. And you are coming across as Harsh, I wasn't asking anyone to hold my hand, just wanted to play this GAME correctly! Sheesh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    While I don’t doubt the veracity of the above answers provided I find that most rules answers are best done by providing page references thereby “forcing” the questioner to refer back to a rules book. This will also provide a better and more informed answer.

We must always assume that the question posed must have come from an educated viewpoint to start with as it could not otherwise qualify for an educated answer, and so I see Macroni’s point as more than valid.
    Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macroni View Post
    Well I must be stupid because I have the rule book and I read it over and over again, and I didn't understand it, so I asked. And you are coming across as Harsh, I wasn't asking anyone to hold my hand, just wanted to play this GAME correctly! Sheesh
    Nah, don't feel stupid. Weapons use the number of attacks provided on the weapon's profile (note SHOOTING phase). For close combat attacks (note ASSAULT phase) you use the attacks (A) on the models profile + modifiers (charging, etc.). Simple, eh?
    ~the machine god

{secretly the machine god plays Tau and CSM ...shhhh...don't tell the adepts!!!}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

And to provide the rulebook references:

For ranged weapons, see page 28 of the main rulebook, right column, "Weapon Type". Also note the following entries on page 29: Rapid Fire, Pistol, as these fire the amount of shots detailed in their rules.

The Tyranids have the clearest exception with some of their weapons being Assault X. You can check your opponents Codex, page 30, left column, "Rate of Fire".

For close combat, main book page 40, left column, "Attacks". Again, some special close combat weapons affect this so if you're unsure you need to check the Codex in question.

Now, if there's any particular rule within the above you don't seem to grasp, just point it out. Even though people have answered the question, I'd think it useful to know exactly which points were problematic and to set them straight in order to increase one's understanding of the rules themselves, not just on people's claims (no matter how correct) on those rules. ;Y
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread