a few random questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few random questions.

1- Is the +1 toughness from the destroyer' jetbike special rule included in their profile?

2- If a skimmer is next to a piece of terrain that is large. Lets say 1 ft tall, and it is directly next to it do you measure 1 ft and place the skimmer on top of it if you wish to move on the piece of terrain?

3- If a hive tyrant has the shadow in the warp and a farseer has runes of witnessing what happens... lol...

4- can you assault out of drop pods or not? Some codex dont say you can and some do.

5- If tyranid deep strike spore mines and they land on an opponents model do they explode?

6- Can someone clarify Black templars "righteous zeal" special rule? (do you have to move at all?)

7- Can I bring 2 broodlords in?

8- Do urien rakarth's weapons automatically wound even in close combat?
    If so would that wound a wraithlord who he could not normally wound?

9- Do mandrakes get their cover save in close combat?

10- The talos isnt called a monsterous creature in the codex. In the rulebook they use him as an example for a monsterous creature. Is the talos a monsterous creature?

11- What armies are at the largest disadvantage and which are at the largest advantage when playing cleanse or pretty much any other mission that is basically kill all your opponents models?

12- Is the monolith effected by a powerfist?

13- Hellions, mandrakes, and scourges.... WTF!!??

14- How much wood does a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood??

15- Could genestealers rape any more in cc than they already do? Would that be asking too much??? lol...

16- If grimaldus is reduced to 0 wounds and passes his leadership test under the "only in death does duty end" special rule can he continue to take leadership test and stay on the table as long as he passes them or can he only do this once??

I know its a lot of questions, but I would be very happy if someone would take the time and awnser them. Some of them are things me and my friends have wondered and other are just for me. kk ty ty...

Last edited by MasterClass; October 18th, 2007 at 09:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterClass View Post
    Is the +1 toughness from the destroyer' jetbike special rule included in their profile?

If a skimmer is next to a piece of terrain that is large. Lets say 1 ft tall, and it is directly next to it do you measure 1 ft and place the skimmer on top of it if you wish to move on the piece of terrain?
    I don't think skimmers care about height too much. You move on top of it. I would however clarify rules about the piece of terrain with my opponent.

If a hive tyrant has the shadow in the warp and a farseer has runes of witnessing what happens... lol...
    Hm... that's a good one. I'd say roll a D6 (on a roll of 4 or higher Shadows in the warp count on 3D6 on 1, 2 or 3 the Runes of Witnessing count)

can you assault out of drop pods or not? Some codex dont say you can and some do.
    What codex states you can and which state you cannot?

If tyranid deep strike spore mines and they land on an opponents model do they explode?
    I don't think so, models need to be deployed 1" either way, so deepstriking mines on your opponent doesn't work.

Can someone clarify Black templars "righteous zeal" special rule? (do you have to move at all?)
    Well, it states you MUST

Can I bring 2 broodlords in?
    No, Broodlords have a 0-1 cap.

Do urien rakarth's weapons automatically wound even in close combat?
    Yes it would. Otherwise it would state something like "models that normally could be wounded cannot be wounded either".

Do mandrakes get their cover save in close combat?
    I'm not sure on this one, but I don't even think you get a cover save in Close combat

The talos isnt called a monsterous creature in the codex. In the rulebook they use him as an example for a monsterous creature. Is the talos a monsterous creature?
    Follow codex Dark eldar.

What armies are at the largest disadvantage and which are at the largest advantage when playing cleanse or pretty much any other mission that is basically kill all your opponents models?
    I'd suggest checking out the various subforums on different armies on LO

Is the monolith effected by a powerfist?
    Hellions, mandrakes, and scourges.... WTF!!??
    Dark Eldar, need I say more?

If grimaldus is reduced to 0 wounds and passes his leadership test under the "only in death does duty end" special rule can he continue to take leadership test and stay on the table as long as he passes them or can he only do this once??
    I think you need to emphasize on the word "ONCE".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty ty for the reply.
    Question #11 is really opinional, and maybe I should remove it.

In regards to Question #4 Dark angels codex doesn't say they can't assault out of a drop pod, and the black templar codex says you can't.

I do see your point about question #6, but its treated identical to a colsol achieved by a massacre result. You don't have to move after a massacre.

Lol. I get what your saying in question #9, but how its written bothers me. "Mandrakes ALWAYS count as being in cover, giving them a +5 cover save. I don't think you can take a cover save in CC so I do think your right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Seems that I overlooked one question though.

The powerfist gets his one D6 like any other weapon trying to hurt armor. A chainfist however would be treated like a powerfist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I need to clarify the monolith and power fist question.
    It says models use their "unaugmented strength" when attempting to penetrate the armor. Would the powerfist get 8 strength?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

1 - Yes it is.

2 - You do not measure movement verticaly, only horizontaly.

3 - It depends, some say that they cancel each out (grand tournament home rules) some say that you roll d6 every turn an see which one will work. Just pick a solution and agree with your opponent before the battle.

4 - No you can't

5 - Yes they explode - see the Tyranids FAQ on GW website.

6 - It's pretty clearly writen in the BT dex. If you past the test after taking casualties you must move.

7 - No, Broodlord is a 0-1 unit.

8 - He wounds automatically everything that has a wound characteristic.

9 - No, cover save are usable only in shooting phase.

10 - Talos indeed is an Monstrous Creature, but he have own special rules regarding Vehicle Armour Penetration and movement.

11 - Hmmm....armies with the worst, and the best generals?

12 - Yes, Power Fist still doubles your strenght against Monolith

13 - Just like that

14 - Eeee....candy?

15 - Yep, they could, but thanks god they don't

16 - No idea, who's Grimaldus anyway...
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3- If a hive tyrant has the shadow in the warp and a farseer has runes of witnessing what happens... lol...

5- If tyranid deep strike spore mines and they land on an opponents model do they explode?

10- The talos isnt called a monsterous creature in the codex. In the rulebook they use him as an example for a monsterous creature. Is the talos a monsterous creature?

15- Could genestealers rape any more in cc than they already do? Would that be asking too much??? lol...
    3. You could roll to find out what happens (Most Important Rule BGB p5),
    or follow the UK GT's updated house rules here:UK GT Updated House Rules 11 Oct 2007 which states that they cancel each other out.

5. The first spore mine model you deepstrike can be placed anywhere on the table, even on top of a model (BGB p84, Deep Strike, second paragraph). If it lands on an opponent model it detonates as a barrage (just like it was shot during the shooting phase)(Tyranid FAQ)

7. No. (Nid Codex p 36)

10. Yes. (BGB p 264)

14. I know this one! The answer is.. ummm.. ummm... next question please..

15. Yes, if ever they allow Stealers the "Leaping" upgrade. :party:

Yes, I am a Nid player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

question 4 is ansewred in the blood angels FAQ/codex.

yes it kinda only applies to blood angels, but it is really saying that you may never assault after deepstriking.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

1- Is the +1 toughness from the destroyer' jetbike special rule included in their profile?
    yes
    2- If a skimmer is next to a piece of terrain that is large. Lets say 1 ft tall, and it is directly next to it do you measure 1 ft and place the skimmer on top of it if you wish to move on the piece of terrain?
    Rules say that you may only move UP or down as far as you move over. So if you choose to move up to the top of it, yes, measure it. If you wish to fly past i and not end your movement on it, then theirs no problem (rules mechanic, kinda silly I know).
    By RAW, you roll 4d6 and take the middle two. most people discuss this pregame and agree that to play it that they cancel each other out, so normal 2d6.
    4- can you assault out of drop pods or not? Some codex dont say you can and some do.
    No. This has been addressed in most codex, expect to see it in the others very soon.
    yes, read under p 18 IIRC in the C:T.
    6- Can someone clarify Black templars "righteous zeal" special rule? (do you have to move at all?)
    in short, yes, you MUST move closer.
    in apoc, sure, in standard games, no, as a BL is a 0-1 choice for HQ
    8- Do urien rakarth's weapons automatically wound even in close combat?
    if they say they auto wound, thenyes, they auto wqound. Even a wraithlord.
    9- Do mandrakes get their cover save in close combat?
    no, see rules under cover and saves.
    yes, see DE FAQ
    11- What armies are at the largest disadvantage and which are at the largest advantage when playing cleanse or pretty much any other mission that is basically kill all your opponents models?
    armies without models In short, no one army suffers more than the rest as each and every codex allow you to tailor to your needs and playstyle.
    12- Is the monolith effected by a powerfist?
    by RAW, no. See MC listing in the bgb about how PF augment strength. By the necron errata and faq and codex, you use unaugmented strength. This may be discussed pregame to prevent problems.
    13- Hellions, mandrakes, and scourges.... WTF!!??
    scourges FTW!!!
    wandering topic...
    yes, they could be deathcompany or harliquins
    16- If grimaldus is reduced to 0 wounds and passes his leadership test under the "only in death does duty end" special rule can he continue to take leadership test and stay on the table as long as he passes them or can he only do this once??
    honestly, don't know, don't have his rules in front of me.

I know its a lot of questions, but I would be very happy if someone would take the time and awnser them. Some of them are things me and my friends have wondered and other are just for me. kk ty ty...
    check the current FAQs and codex for your answers=)
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Point of note here, technically the destroyers doesn't have +1 T in its profile (as usual for a jetbike rider) because it doesn't actually ride the jetbike, it is a jetbike.

Hence destroyers are "true" T5 all the time, not T4(5).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast