Multiple psychic powers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Multiple psychic powers

Hello guys, come and help me on this one... I cannot find the answer to the following question :

Situation : a psyker has several powers, and can use more than one in a single turn (e.g. Eldar Farseer with Spirit Stones, Fortune and Guide).

Question : when you want to use, say, two powers :
    do you :

solution 1
    - first declare which power you want to use first
    - then roll for your psy test
    - roll for perils of the warp in case of snake eyes or boxcars
    - use power if succeded, otherwise pass to next step
    - declare the second power you want to use
    - roll psy test
    etc.

or

solution 2
    - roll for first psy test
    - roll for perils of the warp in case of snake eyes or boxcars
    - if psy test has been succesful declare which power you want to use first
    - use first power
    - roll for second psy test
    etc.

Personally I've always used solution 1 (just without thinking twice about it), but solution 2 would be more favourable as it gives you more possibility of succeeding with a power you really need, forsaking a less vital power.

What do you say ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Assuming your model is able to use two powers a turn, it would depend on what phase the power was in. If they were in the same phase, then you'd need to declare the power you would be using first. That is assuming you can use two powers a turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Assuming your model is able to use two powers a turn, it would depend on what phase the power was in. If they were in the same phase, then you'd need to declare the power you would be using first. That is assuming you can use two powers a turn.
    I was thinking about a Farseer, attempting to use Fortune and Guide at the beginning of the Eldar turn. So, yes, the two attempts take place during the same phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I agree with Imperialis Dominatus, you'd first declare the power you want to use, then roll the test for it... You don't roll to-hit first with a bunch of identical dice, score one hit and then decide that your Brightlance was the one that hit instead of ShuriCats, do you? =)

Declaring action first and rolling after ensures you don't get an unfair advantage, and thus this is the way it should go. This also ensures your opponent knows what is being rolled and averts them possibly calling you a cheater.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi-99 View Post
    I agree with Imperialis Dominatus, you'd first declare the power you want to use, then roll the test for it... You don't roll to-hit first with a bunch of identical dice, score one hit and then decide that your Brightlance was the one that hit instead of ShuriCats, do you? =)

Declaring action first and rolling after ensures you don't get an unfair advantage, and thus this is the way it should go. This also ensures your opponent knows what is being rolled and averts them possibly calling you a cheater.
    And that's indeed the way I do it. What you say makes perfect sense. Isn't it strange that it is not spelled out as a rule ?

Thanks !

+ Reply to Thread