Necron Claws? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Necron Claws?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Claws?

Ello, a question came up at the hobby store that I go too between 2 Necron players.

One of them said that Flayed Ones get an extra attack for dual weapons(Claws). But the other necron player said they don't because it doesn't say they have 2 weapons. Because looking at the Wraith profile, they have Claws and Barbed Tail. And that would count as dual weapons.

So, we were kinda wondering. Do Flayed Ones count as haveing dual weapons or no?

Thanks in advance!

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Dragon View Post
    Ello, a question came up at the hobby store that I go too between 2 Necron players.

One of them said that Flayed Ones get an extra attack for dual weapons(Claws). But the other necron player said they don't because it doesn't say they have 2 weapons. Because looking at the Wraith profile, they have Claws and Barbed Tail. And that would count as dual weapons.

So, we were kinda wondering. Do Flayed Ones count as haveing dual weapons or no?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi,
    You will get a second attack in close combat for having two weapons (page 40 BG but since I don’t have the Necron Codex right in front of me I don’t know whether or not it is “included” into the profile already.

Basically if its not mentioned the Flayed Ones get an extra attack.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

i would say tht if there are two weapons listed then yes, else no.

if it just says claws, no two attacks
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

The profile in the codex states [[X]] in the attacks column and for weapons, they have "claws". It doesn't say two sets of claws or that they count as two cc weapons. So you have only what's in the profile (then +1 on the charge).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

It's a rather vague thing, but by the rules, claws aren't listed as CCWs nor one handed, nor is the tail, thus the stat line already includes all attacks, with no bonus applicable. It's akin to claiming my marine has 2 hands so if I don't use a pistol I somehow get the extra attack for 2 CCWs.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Well, yeah. If you said "Marine armed with: fists" does he get one attack for each fist?

The Flayed Ones just have claws. It will only give them an extra attack on their profile if specifically stated, as in "claws, which count as two close combat weapons" or "claw and close combat weapon." In fact, you can interpret as each Flayed One being armed with just one claw, and "claws" refers to how the squad of Flayed Ones as a whole have claws, in the same way they have heads and presumably mouths.

I think the Necron player must have been a total newbie. This mostly comes up with beginners to the game, who usually borrow a decent player's IG and claim that their bayonets give them a bonus attack. Or guys who "misinterpret" the Betrayer rule to mean that every enemy model in BTB with Kharne takes an automatic wound.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, So the flayed ones don't get +1 attack for dual weapons unless it says otherwise.

The necron player that said they get +1 for dual weapons thought they get it because the model shows them having both hands as claws. Reasonable, I thought it would too but I guess I was wrong.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

In most other gaming systems you'd be 100% correct. In GW's rules, things are permissive, so if they say you can/do, then in fact you can/do. In this case, it's a matter of third edition codex being a bit sloppy (big shock there, right?) and people using common sense instead of the straight rules approach.

It's not a horrible thing, just chalk it up to experience and play it right next time. Hopefully you had a great game and had fun.
    My armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

I would say that the wraith profile says that you have claws and tail and hence you have two CCW's as the description of CCW's in the BGBp46 has the words "chainswords, pistols, axes, etc" (bolding being mine). As necrons don't use the other types of weapons due to fluff it doesn't mean that they can't have the two CCW's if it has two weapons listed in the profile.

fists don't fit this because it is still only one weapon listed in the profile.
    If it said Left Fist, Right Fist then yes two CCW's.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Splata View Post
    I would say that the wraith profile says that you have claws and tail and hence you have two CCW's as the description of CCW's in the BGBp46 has the words "chainswords, pistols, axes, etc" (bolding being mine). As necrons don't use the other types of weapons due to fluff it doesn't mean that they can't have the two CCW's if it has two weapons listed in the profile.

fists don't fit this because it is still only one weapon listed in the profile.
    If it said Left Fist, Right Fist then yes two CCW's.
    just to carry this to the silly extreme- do gaunts get +1 attacks? genestealers (they have rending CLAWS ), and I know that you aren't claiming that fists aren't plural... And no where does it state that the tail or claws are one handed weapons. In fact, just to prove a point, pretty much all eldar and marines come with holsters and some with knives and swords on the sprues, and most come with pistols, does this mean that my defender guardians get +1A too?

Sorry splata, but fluff is just that. The rules tell you when something is a CCW, and there is no listing for claws (besides rending and lightning) in the bgb.

Cheers mate
    My armies:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast