Multiple Necron Armies and WBB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple Necron Armies and WBB

Question time!!

Can multiple allied Necrons benefit from each others presence in as far as WBB goes? The problem I see is being required to join the closest unit of the same type and if that is the allied players unit... ? Probably not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd say not. In terms of 'normal' 40k, each force org chart represents a completely separate army - anything that provides benefit to one in theory shouldn't provide any benefit to the other.

Of course, the core rules don't really cater to multi-player games, so you've either got to set this sort of thing out as a house rule before the game (that your models can become part of your allies' unit and vice versa) or make it one big army using the Apocalypse rules, depending on the size of game.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is coming up due to Apoc actually.

There are several issues popping up as a matter of fact.

Does the Sacred Banner of the Order Militant affect all Adeptus Sororitas even if some affected units are not in your particular Army but an allied one?

If there are two allied Tau armies fighting along side an Imperial army against chaos... and an Ethereal is slain. Are both armies affected by the rules that pertain to the Etheral when he dies? It states that every unit of Tau on the table top are affected.

Does Shadowsuns Command-link Drone work on allied Tau units? It states any Tau unit within range may use her ldr for pinning etc.

Prolly should make this into a different thread and call it... can multiple armies use each other wargear? (within reason and such)
    Last edited by Vlorlich; January 2nd, 2008 at 19:23. Reason: mispelled dies... and added a comment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

I'm with Rork on this one, and would be strongly inclined to say that there is no rule sharing between armies. It doesn't say so anywhere that I'm aware of, but I think you only apply rules like this to your army, barring house rules.

If two Tau armies fight against each other and one loses an ethereal, do they both suffer the consequences? Can opposing necron armies use eachothers res orbs? Maybe it says 'friendly Tau' or something, I'm not 100% on the specific rules... but even if you dismiss the idea that if allies share rules because it doesn't say otherwise then so do enemies, allowing this situation at all seems like opening a big can of worms to me.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I would say Apoc probably changes this rule, though, since you are fielding one army (no force charts / etc.), and since the game has a little more focus on fun.

If there's debate on the issue, dice off or something, or just discuss over a glass and house rule it.

Within the confines of non-apoc, obviously there would be meaningful question at hand.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not read any rules that say yes you can or no you can't.

Some pieces of wargear state ALL units or said type of units. A good example is the Sacred Banner of the Order Militant. It applies to all Adeptus Sororitas within 12 inches. Course... if Sisters are fighting Sisters... I do not think the opposing Sisters would gain the benefit. Nor do I think that opposing Tau armies would care of the enemy Ethereal was slain.

I do not think allied Necron armies should be able to share the WBB rules or use the Res Orb as well with each other. After thinking about the results of doing that... things could get real messy for the controlling Necron players when their models are mixed in with the other players units.

I am expecting questions like these to come up, I would like to have most of them thought out ahead of time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlorlich View Post
    Some pieces of wargear state ALL units or said type of units. A good example is the Sacred Banner of the Order Militant. It applies to all Adeptus Sororitas within 12 inches. Course... if Sisters are fighting Sisters... I do not think the opposing Sisters would gain the benefit. Nor do I think that opposing Tau armies would care of the enemy Ethereal was slain.
    The equipment on one side only affects models on the same side. While some people could pedantically argue that enemy battle sisters (for example) could benefit, that's not really likely to be sensible.

Your equipment should apply to your allies at most. Your enemy should detest everything your army stands for - They want to see your ethereal dead! They think your icons are heretical!

etc.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

There are some inconsistencies like that, but you must use a little common sense in the process. An excellent example is brought up by the Sisters of Battle. The Book of St. Lucius refers only to friendly models, and does not specify same-army. As a result, it seems perfectly reasonable to use it for ANY allied models.

BUT WAIT ... if you utilize that logic (which may be very suspect), what happens if you are allied with Tyranids? Do you suddenly have a bunch of gaunts that operate outside of synapse at Ld10 unmodified? Important things to consider and discuss ahead of time w/ your enemy, such as the issue of multiple nec armies and WBB.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true.

Well... I think I will go through the lists that I know are being used and read up on each one that could potentially be used by allies. Put some fore thought into them before they become issues at a table.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Vlorlich; January 2nd, 2008 at 20:59. Reason: said... thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few tips.

We've started a pre-game discussion to cover these sorts of anomolies that are cropping up more with Apocalypse games- It's helped enormously

it might sound stupid, but right down the outcome of any rules discussion. It avoids any of the "I thought you meant..." arguments

Realise that you won't cover everything and agree on a process for handling it. Ours is 5 mins - either produce the rule in a bookor discuss it, but if after a timed 5 mins if there is no resolution then it's rock, paper scissors, dice or foam swords inthe hall ( this is rarely chosen as there are 3 fencers in the group and we whip everybody else's behinds)

As to you original question about Necrons, my two cents with Apoc is they are an army made up of allies, so the benfits apply to the army & hence it's allies. But since it isn't specifically covered, get your guy togetjher & discuss a resolution that all agree to - but keep a record of the decision!
    Peri Nunc!
    Rogo Me Quomodo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast