Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Alright, I'm buying Chimera's for my IST squads (DH army). I was wondering about how they work.
1) The DH codex says that if they fire from the top hatch, then its open topped for saves worse than 3+. And that it has 2 firing points. Does this mean that there are two points OTHER than the hatch, or does it mean the hatch is big enough that two models can fire out of it at a time?
2) Can the Chimera be used after it's squad disembarks? Like, can it drop the IST's off and keep going? I was told that Rhinos can't, and didn't know if that carried over.
3) The lasgun ports on the side of the tank, how do those work exactly? just 6 lasgun shots? Can my IST's stick their Hellguns in instead, or are they mounted to the Chimera?
I don't know if any of this is covered in the IG codex, as I don't own one and don't need to when using IST's. It's just that the Chimera entry is a little empty in the DH codex...
1) The top hatch can be used to fire one heavy weapon or two other weapons. Remember if the vehicle moves all passengersâ€™ count as moving as well.
2) Yes any transport can drop off its cargo and continue to operate normally. Keep in mind that the vehicle can only transport the unit it was bought for.
3) The 6 lasgun ports are 6 additional vehicle mounted weapons that only passengers can fire. They cannot be substituted for any other weapon.
One last thing, the 6 lasguns, they're only useable when the squad is inside the transport?
So I'd need 8 troopers to take advantage both the hatch and lasguns.. alright, thanks a lot man.
Just to add one more thing i think people didn't remember, you may only move the vehicle after deploying a unit if the vehicle has not moved before the models left it.
You may not move a transport, deploy your squad, and continue the vehicles movement. You can only deploy the squad either before or after the vehicle has moved.
<a href='http://forum.librarium-online.com/index.php?showtopic=16083' target='_blank'>Master of the Convent of Our Martyred Saint</a>
Get your sig from-tHe BaD GuY