Question relating to Fury of the Ancients - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Question relating to Fury of the Ancients

Just had a game a couple of days ago, in which my opponent used a Librarian (the better one) and in Turn 1, he cast Fury of the Ancients (the one that lets them move in a straight line) and moved just behind my Reapers. That Assault Phase saw him charge. So, I'm just wondering: Is he allowed to charge after using it?

The reason I'm asking is that I predominantly play WHFB and you generally can't do that with their spells (they've placed specific rules against it).

But hey, if he can do that, I guess I'll have to invest in a Farseer with the Runes of Warding.

-AFG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The librarian does not move. All the spell does is draw a line between the librarian and a point on the table edge. It's a shooting attack, it does not move the librarian! Anything along the line takes damage as the power specifies.

I think your opponent has misunderstood how the spell works (although I do see how that's happened).

It's just a ranged weapon (if a bit unusual), it does not move any models.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me. He skim reads 80% of the rules so misses a few details.

Well, thanks for clearing that up and congrats on your promo (though I'm probably a bit late).

-AFG

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonFarseerGuy View Post
    Actually, that wouldn't surprise me. He skim reads 80% of the rules so misses a few details.
    If you question him enough, he'll have to start reading them properly. Always be prepared to query your opponent - if it sounds odd, there's no harm in getting out the book and checking.

Well, thanks for clearing that up and congrats on your promo (though I'm probably a bit late).
    Cheers 8Y.
    Last edited by Caluin; January 13th, 2008 at 16:34. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread