WBB Falling Back - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

    WBB Falling Back

    This is a purely academic question as I don't play necrons, but the WBB thread elsewhere in this subforum got my attention.

    Lets say a unit of 10 necrons is fired upon and reduced to about 2 models. These models remaining were at the front of the line, as it were. They fail their morale check and begin to fall back. They fall back a piddly distance, leaving them within six inches of their disabled kin. At the beginning of the next necron movement phase, wbb rolls get the rest of the squad on its feet. Can they rally, are all of models falling back?

    There might be something in the WBB write up denoting they can't reanimate if they fall back, and if thats the case I apologize for wasting folk's time, but its something I found myself wondering about.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -4 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spook2k5 View Post
    This is a purely academic question as I don't play necrons, but the WBB thread elsewhere in this subforum got my attention.

    Lets say a unit of 10 necrons is fired upon and reduced to about 2 models. These models remaining were at the front of the line, as it were. They fail their morale check and begin to fall back. They fall back a piddly distance, leaving them within six inches of their disabled kin. At the beginning of the next necron movement phase, wbb rolls get the rest of the squad on its feet. Can they rally, are all of models falling back?

    There might be something in the WBB write up denoting they can't reanimate if they fall back, and if thats the case I apologize for wasting folk's time, but its something I found myself wondering about.

    this Warhammer 40,000 - Chapter Approved
    site has a PDF FAQ about the necrons falling back and we'll be back rule. the example they give is close combat, but it should apply to shooting as well.
    that is unless this FAQ is to old.
    however it is all we have.

  4. #3
    Firefly Skarsgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outer Rim
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,209
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

    The FAQ is still current.

    @ian smith: Could you please you capitals in your posts. Thanks.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -4 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    The FAQ is still current.

    @ian smith: Could you please you capitals in your posts. Thanks.

    nope

  6. #5
    PP is my master now... Hasten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (unfortunately)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by ian smith View Post
    nope
    Hey, you might want to check out the forum rules here (clicky!), particularly points 8 and 13.

    -H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

    www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -4 (x0)

    It was a joke!
    The moderator needs to read #8 as well. (this is another joke. am i not allowed to joke?)

  8. #7
    PP is my master now... Hasten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (unfortunately)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by ian smith View Post
    It was a joke!
    The moderator needs to read #8 as well. (this is another joke. am i not allowed to joke?)
    Oh, heh, sorry =). Sarcasm doesn't translate via text all that well . Just wanted to make sure you realized it was part of the forum rules, here.

    Yeah, I'm going to be quiet now =).

    -H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

    www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

  9. #8
    Firefly Skarsgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outer Rim
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,209
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

    I will accept that you intended it to be a joke.

    Lets leave it there.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts