Movement During Shooting Phase? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can vehicles turn in the shooting phase? If you can quote from the rulebook if possible.

Thanks in advance

Won/Drawn/Lost (Only counting games 1500pts and over)

Space Marines -- Emperor's Legion (3/0/0)
    Tyranids (2/0/0)
    Orks (0/0/0) --Not Yet Ready--

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

T10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can't remember the quote exactly, but, I think it does have a diagram showing vehicle movement. They can 'move' , but only as in pivoting on the spot. Not doing what would look like a power slide on a racing game. So, just pivoting on the centre. Anyway, turrets turn to their targets, and I looks cooler to have vehicles face their enemies anyway. (Whoever saw a Land Raider firing it's Lascannons at something directly behind it?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I'm somewhat draconian on this issue... After all, he should turn the vehicle in the movement phase, if he wants to point the weapons somewhere specific.

In the shooting phase, only the turrets and sponsons on vehicles can pivot.

But this is merely my opinion.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not just your opinion Uzi-99, but the rules. ALL vehicle movement occurs in the movement phase unless you have one of the specific few upgrades that allow otherwise. As far as the rulebook quote, page 80, unless your have special upgrades which are explained under the upgrade. This does not count for vehicles that assault, such as dreadnoughts and other walkers, which of course move in the assault phase.

If you allow pivoting in the shooting phase you usually will not affect anything. However, you will end up with problems such as people unloading troops and pivoting afterwards, shooting with one sponson and rotating to bring the other sponson to bear when it would not normally have been able to see the target, etc. So NO vehicle movement in other phases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus, the TVR explicitly states that there is no pivoting anymore after the movement phase.

Closed Thread