Plasma pistols - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plasma pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plasma pistols

Hi All,

Question one:
    A. Shooting twice with a plasma pistol doubles the odds of it "exploding", right?
    B. So, if I roll a 6 and a 2 it "explodes". But if I roll a 2 and a 2 does it "explode" twice, or only once?
    C. And if I rapidfire with a plasma gun, and roll 1 and 1, does it "explode" twice, or only once?
    (D. And if it explodes twice, but the model carrying the plasma weapon dies after the first "explosion", does that mean a second model needs to make a armor save or die?)

Question two:
    A mastercrafted plasma pistol allows for a re-roll. If I roll a 1 and then reroll to a 4, does the plasma pistol still "explode"? Is the four only considered for hitting the target, or does rerolling mean the one "never happened"?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Hey Champion!8X

Quote Originally Posted by DGWD View Post
    Question one:
    A. Shooting twice with a plasma pistol doubles the odds of it "exploding", right?
    B. So, if I roll a 6 and a 2 it "explodes". But if I roll a 2 and a 2 does it "explode" twice, or only once?
    C. And if I rapidfire with a plasma gun, and roll 1 and 1, does it "explode" twice, or only once?
    (D. And if it explodes twice, but the model carrying the plasma weapon dies after the first "explosion", does that mean a second model needs to make a armor save or die?)

Question two:
    A mastercrafted plasma pistol allows for a re-roll. If I roll a 1 and then reroll to a 4, does the plasma pistol still "explode"? Is the four only considered for hitting the target, or does rerolling mean the one "never happened"?
    Q#1 -
    A) Yeppa
    Twice, correct
    C) again, Twice
    D) no, the wound doesn't carry over to other models, it's just the gunner. Beware of this when multiple guns are going off from the same unit.

Q#2 - Re-roll will negate the overheat, saving yourself the dreaded armour save that I always seem to fail

Good luck on the dice rolls! 8X

~ j
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

Thanks for your answer, but I've got something else that is bothering me now:
    the rulebook states (p.30) that multiple shot increase the odds.
    Is that multiple shots "per turn" or "per attack"?

Say my SM sergeant has a terminator honours (+1 attack per turn) and a plasma pistol.
    First attack: he shoots twice with his pistol.
    Second attack: het shoots twice with his pistol.

Does that mean a 4 or less fries the model? Or just a 1 or 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

No, you are completley confused there, Attacks are not use for shooting, the sgt can shoot with the pistol, but only as fast as anyone else, the "attacks" statisitc is used for close combat
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    No, you are completley confused there, Attacks are not use for shooting, the sgt can shoot with the pistol, but only as fast as anyone else, the "attacks" statisitc is used for close combat

You are right! I was thinking of "Dungeons and Dragons" attacks... My mistake.

+ Reply to Thread