Perils & Wound Rolls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Suffer not the Unclean InquisitorAffe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    381 (x8)

Perils & Wound Rolls

I'm curious how many people roll to wound when a model suffers Perils of the Warp? The rulebook says they take a S6 'hit', not a S6 'wound.' So I'd always figured there should be a roll to wound. I've noticed a lot of people don't do this. Opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorAffe View Post
    I'm curious how many people roll to wound when a model suffers Perils of the Warp? The rulebook says they take a S6 'hit', not a S6 'wound.' So I'd always figured there should be a roll to wound. I've noticed a lot of people don't do this. Opinions?

It should require a roll to wound or else strength would be irrelevant. I think you are right and that the player should then roll to see if it actually wounds or not, making high toughness psykers more resistant to perils of the warp than low toughness ones.

-Thread Killer Bryan
    Tyranid Hive Fleet Typhoeus
    T'au Empire, Bork'an Sept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

You ready it, it's an automatic S6 hit, which may or may not wound (low chances normally though). Then you can save if he's invulnerable, or get ganked if he doesn't.
    You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    It should require a roll to wound or else strength would be irrelevant. I think you are right and that the player should then roll to see if it actually wounds or not, making high toughness psykers more resistant to perils of the warp than low toughness ones.

Well, even if there was no roll to wound, the high strength could be relevant for instant death purposes.

Nitpicking aside, I agree with those above. You definitely roll to wound.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    You ready it, it's an automatic S6 hit, which may or may not wound (low chances normally though). Then you can save if he's invulnerable, or get ganked if he doesn't.
    You don't get invulnerable saves against Perils. Eldar have Ghost helms or whatever it is, but that's an exception that states it specifically works against Perils. Regular invulnerables don't work.

And yes, as stated, you do have to roll to wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    You don't get invulnerable saves against Perils. Eldar have Ghost helms or whatever it is, but that's an exception that states it specifically works against Perils. Regular invulnerables don't work.

And yes, as stated, you do have to roll to wound.
    Where does it say you cannot? Invulnerable saves are taken when normal saves are not allowed. Unless something specifically states that invulnerable saves cannot be taken (psycannons, warsythes, etc), anything that says no saves allowed does not dissallow invulnerable saves. Or else certain things would be a lot more powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Where does it say you cannot? Invulnerable saves are taken when normal saves are not allowed. Unless something specifically states that invulnerable saves cannot be taken (psycannons, warsythes, etc), anything that says no saves allowed does not dissallow invulnerable saves. Or else certain things would be a lot more powerful.
    Not quite true. Invulnerable saves can be taken even when armor saves are denied, such as by AP or a power weapon (p. 25). However, they are still saves, and anything which denies ALL saves will deny an invulnerable save.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ZenGamer View Post
    Right, as everyone else has stated, you roll to wound against the strength of the Perils attack. Which makes it bad times for all those T3 psykers out there, due to the insta-kill rules =(.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Hrm... went back and reread the rules, it does say; "...no saves (of any sort) allowed." No defense... makes Eldar that much more cheesy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

How does it make eldar that much more cheesy? Their main HQ is a t3 Psyker. They are a race that is predominately psyker heavy and if they hadn't figured out by now how to stop their heads exploding they shouldn't be around.
    Besides, in the last 2 editions at least ghost helms have helped against perils - why the hate now?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast