Questions about transports - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about transports

Questions

1. Can a unit start the game in a transport, as in as soon as that players first turn arrives the vehicle can move with passengers aboard?

2. Can an Independent character start the game already joined with a unit that is not bodyguard/retinue? Also, if they wanted to join a unit and then enter a transport the same movement phase, would that be possible?

I am aware that with both of these questions, sadly people can just say "it doesn't say they can't" and I do not wish to seem childish and say "but it doesn't say they can either".

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

If you turn to P.81 BGB and check out paragraphs 1-3 you will find all the information you are looking for.

Hope this helped a little.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LtCmdrTyler View Post
    1. Can a unit start the game in a transport, as in as soon as that players first turn arrives the vehicle can move with passengers aboard?
    Of course they can.

2. Can an Independent character start the game already joined with a unit that is not bodyguard/retinue? Also, if they wanted to join a unit and then enter a transport the same movement phase, would that be possible?
    You can start the game attached to a squad, and you can start the game inside of another squad's vehicle if there is enough space for the IC. It's not a movement action to join a squad (unless you actually moved to get within distance) so I'm pretty sure you can join the unit and enter the transport in one turn.

edit: Or, you can listen to eiglepulper, since he's more on top of it than I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Oh, and the little thing they both missed, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!!
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Oops! So I did.

Welcome indeed. ;Y

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread