Chapter Traits in Apocalypse games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Chapter Traits in Apocalypse games

Hi guys.

I'm currently in the process of painting up a 2000pt Lamenters space marine army. For people who don't know them they are a cursed founding chapter with notorious bad luck. I have picked four traits to try and represent this. These are.....

Uphold Honour of the Emperor
    Trust Your Battle Brothers
    Flesh Over Steel
    Faithful until Death

Once finished the 2000pts, I want to add extra units to bridge the 1000pts to make them an apocalypse legal army. Most of these units I already have like a land raider, vindicator, second terminator squad and dreadnought. These extra 1000pts are going to compromise the fluffiness of the army but I figure for apocalypse games fluffiness is not of the upmost importance.

The question I have is this. In apocalypse games can "Uphold honour of the Emperor", and "Trust your battlebrothers" still be used even though by the very nature of apocalypse both "Flesh over steel" and "Faithful until Death" are ignored due to placing restraints on non-existant apocalypse force selection charts? Or is it better to completely ignore chapter traits in apocalypse games altogether?

I hope I asked that question so people can understand!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

actually fluff is far more important in appoc that normal games, you are expected to play a fun, fluffy game rather than a competqative game, I would expect players who conventionally use traits that constrain the FOc to reflect that in their appoc list
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Good point Chered!

I never thought of it like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

That does mean some leway, without digging up my codex, there is a trait that restricts the number of Land raiders, vindicators, pred annis etc to 1, the appearance of 2 in 5000 points wouldnt cause me grief, given the size of the force, but the vindi squadron strategic thingie would make me balk a little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

242 (x6)

I know exactly what you mean. The traits i've chosen restrict the elites and heavy support options.

I think maybe the best way to go is that if I'm playing any apocalypse games I'll ignore the traits altogether and play the army as vanilla.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Heheh, "We Stand Alone" in Apocalypse would be a *****, wouldn't it? You'd need to be your own side...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

it is worth pointing out that as well as the restrictions, a lot of the traits giving advantages are rather mute, number of ven dreads, assault or bike or dev squads using other areas of the force org chart, etc, I expect an opponent to obey the spirit not the letter in appoc, if he wanted to use a trait to give vet skills that fitted his army, say furious charge to white scar bikers, then fine,

+ Reply to Thread