Newbie rule question (the rule forum didnt work for me) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie rule question (the rule forum didnt work for me)

Hey, I am new at 40k and I have a couple questions and I cannot find answers anywhere. Maybe you can help me. I have necrons, if i have a unit of say 20 warriors and they loose 11 warriors, fail moral check, and fall back. The bok says they cant regroup if under 50%, so does that mean they just continue to fall back untill they fall off the table? Also how can I find the distance my skimmers, C'tan, and other model move...there is no clear cut answer in the codex. I also have no idea what the stats are on the warscythe that the pariahs carry so do i just use the pariah stats for close combat? :

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

Let me try to sort things out for you...

As stated on pg 73 in the rulebook, you can regroup once the unit gets to the table edge. I also think you can regroup if you get into cover, even if under 50%, but I'm not sure...anyone else?

Your skimmers, (Destroyers etc) can move 12". If you have noticed it states that they move as jetbikes ( see pg 94 rulebook). Normal infantery and the C'tan can move 6".

The warscythe is detailed on pg 14 in the codex, basically it's a power wpn which doesn't allow invn. saves as well as normal armour saves and it adds a dice when assulting vehicles. The one carried by the Pariah also has a built in gauss blaster.

Anyway nice to see someone new to the forum! Why don't you drop a couple of lines in the introduction post
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't they always come with a blaster?

Sheriffe!
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Even though it is a skimmer, a monolith may only move 6".

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U know im still a n00b tooand i also have a quistion the begginers rule for is that all units shoot 6 inches right? and the real rules are supposed to use the range from the codex right? Im still not clear at this because nobody i know knows how to play WH :x and id have to wait till summer to go back to GW. Can anyone help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the begginers rule for is that all units shoot 6 inches right? and the real rules are supposed to use the range from the codex right?
    Nope, you should always use the stated rules, beginner or no. Or if you insist on using a "beginner's rule" make it a round 18", that is more average.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As stated on pg 73 in the rulebook, you can regroup once the unit gets to the table edge. I also think you can regroup if you get into cover, even if under 50%, but I'm not sure...anyone else?
    Space Marines can regroup in both of the above circumstances, I feel it is important to point out.

And I'm pretty sure you can't regroup into cover if you are 50% down.

[Noobs ignore what is below]

Why? Cause I'm unsure.

I always thought that you couldn't regroup at all once you were under 50%. Or is that waived at the table-edge? I don't have my rulebook handy (it is in my brothers room and it is 2:30am) so I can't check. ANd I would probs like clarification anyways.

Closed Thread