Ethereal tempest on nightbringer, what can it hit? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethereal tempest on nightbringer, what can it hit?

Well my friend and I are in disagreement on what ethereal tempest can hit. The description says "Hits all units except ones made entirely up of strength four or more unmodified strength."

He thinks that because I have a powerfist in my squad, he can run it off the board edge.

Can he?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pika_Power View Post
    Well my friend and I are in disagreement on what ethereal tempest can hit. The description says "Hits all units except ones made entirely up of strength four or more unmodified strength."

He thinks that because I have a powerfist in my squad, he can run it off the board edge.

Can he?
    The power specifically states unmodified strength, meaning the strength listed in the models profile. Assuming that you are using models with a base strength of 4 or more, he can't.

His argument that the powerfist allows him to is wrong in every way. The powerfist does modify strength, but that doesn't change the models "unmodified strength".
    "Even when they have digital readouts, I can't understand them."
    -Piro episode 810 megatokyo.com

LO Chat. I will eat you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

He's dumb in more than one way. For one, the Powerfist modifies strength, and ET specifically says unmodified. Furthermore the PF modifies your strength UP, so even if it was unmodified strength the ET still wouldn't push marines, assuming that you are using marines.

I'm really having trouble grasping his logic in assuming he can use ET against said squad. All I can think is that he's reading it that the whole squad has to be the same strength. Even so, unmodified they are all the same strength. There really isn't any way that this can work for him.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

As far as I can tell, said "friend" is trying to claim that since one of the models is operating with a modified strength 8, that means the whole squad isn't comprised of models w/ unmodified strengths (of 4 or more). That is obviously inaccurate RAW, and horrible anyway.

He's wrong, in multiple ways. The unmodified strength of the power fist marine is still a 4 anyway. Just b/c you have a modified strength doesn't mean you don't also have an unmodified strength. It doesn't remove your characteristic and replace it with an "x" or something.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

+ Reply to Thread