Vechicle Zone (FoF) Clearification - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vechicle Zone (FoF) Clearification

This isn't solely related to Tau and the FoF but is most relevant to our FoF. I read and have heard moltiple times that you cannot go within 1 inch of a vechicle (including tanks without weapon skills) unless you are assaulting that vechicle. This is what I have alwasy heard and played by.

In a game last night with an experienced gamer, he had said that he had never heard of that rule. When explaining it to him, i was unalb eto locate anything in the rulebook that stated the 1 inch vechicle rule.

Am I right in playing by this rule?
    Where can I find the rule in the future?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy Rabbit View Post
    This isn't solely related to Tau and the FoF but is most relevant to our FoF. I read and have heard moltiple times that you cannot go within 1 inch of a vechicle (including tanks without weapon skills) unless you are assaulting that vechicle. This is what I have alwasy heard and played by.

In a game last night with an experienced gamer, he had said that he had never heard of that rule. When explaining it to him, i was unalb eto locate anything in the rulebook that stated the 1 inch vechicle rule.

Am I right in playing by this rule?
    Where can I find the rule in the future?

Thanks
    I believe you will find that under Movement. No model may move within 1" of an enemy model (not just a vehicle!) unless they are assaulting it. You probably missed it because you were looking for vehicles specifically.

Unfortunately I took my book home and haven't brought it back, so I will be unable to provide you with a page reference. However, I'm sure someone else can, and if no one has by the time I get home I will edit one in for you.
    Put the box on the table by the window in the kitchen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

page 15 Movement Distance 2nd paragraph
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah sure enough, thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhat related to that...
    If a unit assaults a vehicle without a WS, at the end of the combat, if the vehicle survived, wht do you do with the models still in base to base, seeing as how the vehicle is not locked in combat?
    What do you do when it's 5 in the morning, you're exhausted and you only have 3 hours until your alarm clock goes off?

Troll :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by RoughWaves View Post
    Somewhat related to that...
    If a unit assaults a vehicle without a WS, at the end of the combat, if the vehicle survived, wht do you do with the models still in base to base, seeing as how the vehicle is not locked in combat?
    nothing... Although you can move the infantry 1" back to clarify that they are not in combat.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cebwj View Post
    nothing... Although you can move the infantry 1" back to clarify that they are not in combat.
    See, I remember reading that, and when mentioned to my friend, he immediately demanded to see it in the rule book and stated that that was dumb.
    Anyways.....
    What do you do when it's 5 in the morning, you're exhausted and you only have 3 hours until your alarm clock goes off?

Troll :)

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

The other thing to remember too is that should you still be in contact with the vehicle when it becomes your turn again, you have to move away from it in order to re-assault (if you want to, that is). The reason for this obligatory move away is that since you are not considered to be locked in combat with a non-WS vehicle, you are not considered to have made a charge in your next turn, so you cannot actually hit it in the assault phase.

The chances are that the owning player will probably have moved it anyway, unless it was stunned or immobilised in the previous assault phase. In that case, your troops can move towards it in an assault again.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RoughWaves View Post
    See, I remember reading that, and when mentioned to my friend, he immediately demanded to see it in the rule book and stated that that was dumb.
    Anyways.....
    That I believe is a "recommendation" by GW on how to play the game more smoothly and not an actual rule in the book.

But the 1" rule can also be found on page 37 (last papragraph in the body copy) and page 70 in the Tank Shock rules.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread